NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-31-2022, 05:17 PM
Peter Spaeth

Default OMG PSA slabs blatantly altered Tiger Woods rookie, then it passes ebay program

So much for the ebay authenticity program being meaningful, if it doesn't even look at or for obvious altered cards. This card has no perforations it is as obvious a hack job as has ever existed. Look at the top edge lol. BUT the holder isn't tampered, hallelujah.

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showpo...&postcount=612
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52325369721_f10684ab71_c.jpg (98.5 KB, 714 views)

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-31-2022 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-31-2022, 06:15 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

PSA is a joke, but it doesn’t really matter. Most will continue to use them no matter how many thousands of problems there are because it’s not really about being competent or correct, it’s about making money by any means.
Old 08-31-2022, 06:25 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
PSA is a joke, but it doesn’t really matter. Most will continue to use them no matter how many thousands of problems there are because it’s not really about being competent or correct, it’s about making money by any means.
The authenticity guarantee program isn't much better, if its scope doesn't even include flagging something this blatant. This is not a close call or a matter of interpretation, it's a complete eff up.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-31-2022, 06:54 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
The authenticity guarantee program isn't much better, if its scope doesn't even include flagging something this blatant. This is not a close call or a matter of interpretation, it's a complete eff up.
The authenticity program works at its purpose: making money. It is not for PSA to actually admit they’ve wrongly graded thousands and thousands of items. That’s why they’re “authenticating” the slab, so they don’t have to actually do anything and can just get a cut on the card again.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:07 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Wow. Does not work.
I am shocked
Wow.In for the money
I am shocked

Reality nothing with them shocks me

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1917-20 Felix Mendelssohn Babe Ruth
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 08-31-2022, 07:19 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Wow. Does not work.
I am shocked
Wow.In for the money
I am shocked

Reality nothing with them shocks me
With so many new graders I am sure this just got by one who didn't know the issue which is a bit unusual in that it's got perforations from being separated from a sheet. Still. And an "authenticity guarantee" that covers nothing more than the holder itself is IMO fairly meaningless.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-31-2022 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:21 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
The authenticity program works at its purpose: making money. It is not for PSA to actually admit they’ve wrongly graded thousands and thousands of items. That’s why they’re “authenticating” the slab, so they don’t have to actually do anything and can just get a cut on the card again.
It’s my understanding that this is correct. They are looking to make sure that the slab is authentic and unaltered, and not really looking at the card at all. Mark my words, slabbed slabs are coming!
Old 08-31-2022, 07:25 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
With so many new graders I am sure this just got by one who didn't know the issue which is a bit unusual in that it's got perforations from being separated from a sheet. Still. And an "authenticity guarantee" that covers nothing more than the holder itself is IMO fairly meaningless.
+1 agree do not roll out the guarantee until you have the resources to guarantee it.

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1917-20 Felix Mendelssohn Babe Ruth
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 08-31-2022, 07:28 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Take it up with PSA. If you report it using their APR tool once the sale posts, PSA will sometimes recall the item and decertify it. They would also have to shell out on their Grade Guarantee.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 09-01-2022, 12:07 AM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
So much for the ebay authenticity program being meaningful, if it doesn't even look at or for obvious altered cards. This card has no perforations it is as obvious a hack job as has ever existed. Look at the top edge lol. BUT the holder isn't tampered, hallelujah.
This is a little like complaining that the guy you hired to paint your house didn't also reupholster your couch. Ebay isn't judging the authenticity of the card, just that the holder itself isn't tampered with.

Of course, you already know this but for some reason you're complaining about Ebay here - who is performing a service for free - instead of PSA, who are the ones who actually screwed up AND charged for it.
Old 09-01-2022, 12:13 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
This is a little like complaining that the guy you hired to paint your house didn't also reupholster your couch. Ebay isn't judging the authenticity of the card, just that the holder itself isn't tampered with.

Of course, you already know this but for some reason you're complaining about Ebay here - who is performing a service for free - instead of PSA, who are the ones who actually screwed up AND charged for it.
eBay isn’t judging anything. PSA inspects the PSA slab to authenticate the slab while ignoring the card itself. What a useful ‘service’ being provided.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:46 AM
Ben North

Quote:

If ypu collect PSA graded cards you need to blame it on eBay, bad eBay.

I have never understood the hate for a FREE eBay program that helps people.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:48 AM
pete ullman

this is all PSA imo...not ebay.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:15 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

In agreement that this one falls on PSA for 80% as I think that eBay is likely to always fall on the side of the grader so they don't create a back and forth with grading companies. I also think if they are too scared to question the grading for legal reasons, packaging should be very clearly labeled on all documentation that the card is not observed and we have only certified that the slab is untampered, that to me is the other 20%.

The other even more annoying problem to me is the sellers language:

"1996 S.I For Kids Tiger Woods Series 3 #536 Mint 9 and has already been Authenticated by PSA and Ebay which is Ebay's new policy. They work with PSA and several other graders on guaranteed certification before your card is shipped"

Everything this clown said is bulls**t. Ebay/CSG did not authenticate the card and that stupid package means jack. They also do not work with the other grading companies in any way to certify a graded card. I doubt they would even walk over to the other room to talk to a CSG grader if a CSG slab comes in. My fear was people would start using this program as an actual grading program and it should not be.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:58 AM
Peter Spaeth

This is what someone sees unless they read the fine print. Deceptive IMO.

Authenticity Guarantee
This item is verified by an authenticator before delivery

Old 09-01-2022, 09:02 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Take it up with PSA. If you report it using their APR tool once the sale posts, PSA will sometimes recall the item and decertify it. They would also have to shell out on their Grade Guarantee.
Fixing a problem? Being part of the solution? What's the fun in that.
Old 09-01-2022, 09:34 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

It’s always interesting to compare:

The number of posters who have an issue with the incompetence of PSA that is being reported

Versus

The number of posters who have an issue that the incompetence of PSA is being publicly reported
Old 09-01-2022, 11:21 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
In agreement that this one falls on PSA for 80% as I think that eBay is likely to always fall on the side of the grader so they don't create a back and forth with grading companies. I also think if they are too scared to question the grading for legal reasons, packaging should be very clearly labeled on all documentation that the card is not observed and we have only certified that the slab is untampered, that to me is the other 20%.

The other even more annoying problem to me is the sellers language:

"1996 S.I For Kids Tiger Woods Series 3 #536 Mint 9 and has already been Authenticated by PSA and Ebay which is Ebay's new policy. They work with PSA and several other graders on guaranteed certification before your card is shipped"

Everything this clown said is bulls**t. Ebay/CSG did not authenticate the card and that stupid package means jack. They also do not work with the other grading companies in any way to certify a graded card. I doubt they would even walk over to the other room to talk to a CSG grader if a CSG slab comes in. My fear was people would start using this program as an actual grading program and it should not be.
After I wrote him he changed it to this. Not much better.
Ebay co-ordinates with PSA and several other graders on authenication before your card is shipped.

More importantly, he claims it came off the sheet like this. RIGHT.

Old 09-01-2022, 01:06 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

I wonder how many tampered with slabs has Ebay outed? Not many, I suspect.
This whole program is confusing and markedly slows delivery of our cards.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:14 PM
Jim Caravello

I've used PSA to slab a few tickets - and that's for protection - nothing else.....couldn't give a hoot about the grade they assigned to my tickets....

I've never - and will never send a card in for grading.....I am mostly a raw guy, but will buy some PSA slabbed cards IF - I LIKE THE CARD.....I've seen so many EX 5s that look no better than VG....Seen 8s that look like EX cards....and on and on...

I once bought a game used Ernie Banks bat back around 2005....The bat was absolutely killer.....When I received the bat from the auction company, there was a letter from PSA authenticating the signature on the bat......Problem was, there was no signature on the bat.....the bat was never signed.....

The Authentication program is worthless IMHO....As Yoda says, it just slows down the delivery.....

Buy the card.....don't buy the grade.....

Last edited by JimmyC; 09-01-2022 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:44 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I wonder how many tampered with slabs has Ebay outed? Not many, I suspect.
This whole program is confusing and markedly slows delivery of our cards.
Yes, there is a whole new rhythm now to the timing of buying ebay cards. And honestly based on one amazing experience I had and have discussed before, I'm skeptical PSA could even spot a well done fake slab, at least the lower level people they doubtless have assigned to reviewing the hundreds of ebay cards coming in daily.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-01-2022 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-01-2022, 03:50 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
eBay isn’t judging anything. PSA inspects the PSA slab to authenticate the slab while ignoring the card itself. What a useful ‘service’ being provided.
Ok, so it's PSA don't the inspection. Distinction without a difference. OP is still complaining about the wrong thing.
Old 09-01-2022, 04:10 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Ok, so it's PSA don't the inspection. Distinction without a difference. OP is still complaining about the wrong thing.
The complaint against PSA here goes without saying, I was making an additional point. But fine, yes obviously PSA effed this up badly in the first place.

Old 09-01-2022, 06:03 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
As the OP was factually correct and you were factually wrong, it seems your complaint was the one “about the wrong thing”. You might not agree with the complaint, but it’s at least valid and not “about the wrong thing”.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:12 PM
Peter Spaeth

Here's another casualty of the program. Someone I know had several cards he shipped to the authenticator disappear after reaching the Santa Ana post office. He was told a very large bin of cards intended for PSA or whatever pseudonym they use for their address as authenticator was stolen. So that means lots of buyers didn't get their cards at all.

Old 09-01-2022, 06:31 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
As the OP was factually correct and you were factually wrong, it seems your complaint was the one “about the wrong thing”. You might not agree with the complaint, but it’s at least valid and not “about the wrong thing”.
Sigh.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:36 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Breaking news. . . nothing is perfect and people make mistakes. Film at 11.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:38 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Do you have any example of the good this has done? Has PSA found a single fake PSA slab to remove?

Doesn’t seem like a “nothing is perfect” so much as “this does nothing but delay and possibly lose your item while adding no benefit”.
Old 09-01-2022, 06:47 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Here's another casualty of the program. Someone I know had several cards he shipped to the authenticator disappear after reaching the Santa Ana post office. He was told a very large bin of cards intended for PSA or whatever pseudonym they use for their address as authenticator was stolen. So that means lots of buyers didn't get their cards at all.
Who ended up taking the hit on the money?
Old 09-01-2022, 06:57 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
You should think the worst in people to get along here.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:03 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Says a man who has never posted a complaint, surely.

Old 09-01-2022, 07:04 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Who ended up taking the hit on the money?
In my friend's case, he had an insurance policy against shipping losses. Otherwise I don't know.

Old 09-01-2022, 07:06 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Do you have any example of the good this has done? Has PSA found a single fake PSA slab to remove?

Doesn’t seem like a “nothing is perfect” so much as “this does nothing but delay and possibly lose your item while adding no benefit”.
I think on Blowout a poster stated he had heard of one such fake slab found, or claimed anyhow by PSA. Or perhaps it was here.

But hey, I am glad my Kawhi Leonard $500 rookie was just blessed, I am sure there was a real high chance that card slabbed a month ago by the seller could have been a fake slab.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-01-2022 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:17 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
I think on Blowout a poster stated he had heard of one such fake slab found, or claimed anyhow by PSA. Or perhaps it was here.

But hey, I am glad my Kawhi Leonard $500 rookie was just blessed, I am sure there was a real high chance that card slabbed a month ago by the seller could have been a fake slab.
Awesome, one. That’s actually the highest total I’ve seen yet. This program isn’t doing anything but route cash to PSA to… authenticate the plastic holder (we all know what really matters and it ain’t the card). That people want to defend this as “not everything is perfect” tells you there is no real coherent argument for how this makes a lick of sense. The raw card version can be spun, but this is sillier than a purple sticker and clearly does nothing.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:22 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Awesome, one. That’s actually the highest total I’ve seen yet. This program isn’t doing anything but route cash to PSA to… authenticate the plastic holder (we all know what really matters and it ain’t the card). That people want to defend this as “not everything is perfect” tells you there is no real coherent argument for how this makes a lick of sense. The raw card version can be spun, but this is sillier than a purple sticker and clearly does nothing.
There is no way it is sillier than a purple sticker.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
To repeat. I was involved helping someone who had a PSA 9 major rookie card in what was pretty clearly a fake slab. PSA instead of identifying it as such so he could get his money back from a major auction gave it a new cert number and reholdered it. I don't trust them to spot fakes. Certainly, during the period it was more of a problem (on certain cards, never across the board), they didn't issue any guidance to collectors.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-01-2022 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:30 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
But you and I are the heavies for opposing a program aimed at weeding out fraud. LOL.

Old 09-01-2022, 07:57 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
But you and I are the heavies for opposing a program aimed at weeding out fraud. LOL.
A program aimed at weeding out fraud would, of course, actually look at the card, the item we are ostensibly buying, and not it’s plastic holder. It’s pretty hard to be a reasonable person and a PSA shill these days, but there is no lack of effort.

This program is great if you own part of PSA. The raw version I disagree with but there is a reasoned argument for. The graded version here is clearly designed to not actually do anything - PSA won’t do any review that would make them have to fulfill their guarantee and pay out on the thousands and thousands of mistakes and frauds they’ve certified and continue to certify.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:13 PM
Peter Spaeth

It also gives a false sense of security to people who don't read the fine print; the big print is misleading.

Old 09-01-2022, 08:22 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
It also gives a false sense of security to people who don't read the fine print; the big print is misleading.
I have very low expectations of people and companies and expect self-serving deceit and corruption. Still, when I first got a card from this program I was a little surprised at just how little it actually says about what they have done. Even here it doesn’t seem common knowledge that they are NOT examining the card at all, and I get why. They have really buried what they are doing.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:33 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I have very low expectations of people and companies and expect self-serving deceit and corruption. Still, when I first got a card from this program I was a little surprised at just how little it actually says about what they have done. Even here it doesn’t seem common knowledge that they are NOT examining the card at all, and I get why. They have really buried what they are doing.
What you get from PSA is actually quite deceptive. Reading from one that came today:

Authentic without a doubt (in bold)

Your CARD (my emphasis) has been meticulously inspected by a team of experts, so you can display it with total confidence.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-01-2022 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:50 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
What you get from PSA is actually quite deceptive. Reading from one that came today:

Authentic without a doubt (in bold)

Your CARD (my emphasis) has been meticulously inspected by a team of experts, so you can display it with total confidence.
My interpretation is that they covering ass by this phrasing; by certifying the slab is legit that means, of course, the card was inspected by a team (well, 1 it seems) of experts. Of course it SOUNDS like your card was inspected again. It’s not just incomplete, it’s incredibly dishonest without technically being an absolute lie.

I do not always like eBay’s choices, but by and large they have historically been honorable to buyers, with a generous refund policy and other policies designed around protecting buyers. This is absolute bullshit, how they very intentionally are misleading buyers now about what’s actually going on. Even if one likes this program that is just rubber stamping every slab again, they should be against the undeniably dishonest marketing and statements eBay makes about it.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:55 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
My interpretation is that they covering ass by this phrasing; by certifying the slab is legit that means, of course, the card was inspected by a team (well, 1 it seems) of experts. Of course it SOUNDS like your card was inspected again. It’s not just incomplete, it’s incredibly dishonest without technically being an absolute lie.

I do not always like eBay’s choices, but by and large they have historically been honorable to buyers, with a generous refund policy and other policies designed around protecting buyers. This is absolute bullshit, how they very intentionally are misleading buyers now about what’s actually going on. Even if one likes this program that is just rubber stamping every slab again, they should be against the undeniably dishonest marketing and statements eBay makes about it.
Yeah, maybe there's some Clintonesque way to make it literally true, but anyone reading it is going to assume it describes what was JUST done in the review and it is 100 percent deceptive unless you go read the fine print. Indeed, it seems tailored to the CSG review, not the PSA.

Old 09-01-2022, 08:59 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Yeah, maybe there's some Clintonesque way to make it literally true, but anyone reading it is going to assume it describes what was JUST done in the review and it is 100 percent deceptive unless you go read the fine print. Indeed, it seems tailored to the CSG review, not the PSA.
Exactly. Clintonesque honesty is little better than outright lying. It can be clever and effective, but it’s disappointing eBay is choosing this path. The PSA program is a stupid rubberstamping but they could at least describe it truthfully. That they won’t, and they have had ample time to adjust how they talk about it here, should tell folks that this is difficult to justify. Not even eBay wants to talk about what it’s actually doing; a buried sentence in an old announcement is, I believe, the only honest telling that has been given that they are just looking at the slab itself and ignoring the card.
Old 09-01-2022, 09:02 PM
Bru.ce Wil.s0n

Excuse me if this has been asked. Would this card pass through the authentication program if it was sold raw like that? I don’t think so but if the Gods blessed it then it must be so, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2022, 09:03 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Exactly. Clintonesque honesty is little better than outright lying. It can be clever and effective, but it’s disappointing eBay is choosing this path. The PSA program is a stupid rubberstamping but they could at least describe it truthfully. That they won’t, and they have had ample time to adjust how they talk about it here, should tell folks that this is difficult to justify. Not even eBay wants to talk about what it’s actually doing; a buried sentence in an old announcement is, I believe, the only honest telling that has been given that they are just looking at the slab itself and ignoring the card.
One can imagine, as more and more of these things come out of the program and get put back on ebay, how many auctions are going to do what the Tiger Woods one does and overstate the effect of the "authentication." So the great anti fraud program will become a vehicle for deception.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-01-2022 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-01-2022, 09:04 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcwcardz View Post
Excuse me if this has been asked. Would this card pass through the authentication program if it was sold raw like that? I don’t think so but if the Gods blessed it then it must be so, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would hope CSG would notice it’s obviously cut down and reject it in the raw program where they ostensibly look at the actual card. I don’t feel like I’ve seen enough to guess if they are even more or less likely than PSA to certify obvious frauds.
Old 09-01-2022, 09:05 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
One can imagine, as more and more of these things come out of the program and get put back on ebay, how many auctions are going to do what the Tiger Woods one does and overstate the effect of the "authentication." So the great anti fraud program will become a vehicle for deception.
The “void” seal is so laughably bad that you can swap any card into it too. As none of the documentation comes with anything that identifies the actual card, you can just easily swap in anything and claim it was verified.
Old 09-01-2022, 09:07 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
The “void” seal is so laughably bad that you can swap any card into it too. As none of the documentation comes with anything that identifies the actual card, you can just easily swap in anything and claim it was verified.
Isn't there some scannable code that identifies the card?

Old 09-01-2022, 09:10 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Isn't there some scannable code that identifies the card?
Yes, but you’d only get that after you receive the fraud and the seller has run off with the cash. I don’t see this as a way to scam on eBay itself, but selling on the forums and discords, it’s probably going to crop up. The presentation looks good but doesn’t identify the card beyond the code that no one will run even if they get a close up to actually scan in advance (how many buyers are running PSA cert numbers before the purchase? 1%?)