NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 04:01 PM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
My personal observation:

The auction forum is dominated by two members. Currently, 11 of the top 14 listings (what fits on my screen) belong to one of those two. I seldom, if ever, see material I would bid on...from either of those two members. So, I rarely check out the auctions. Maybe once a month, I'll click over to that section. When I do, I have the "same old thing" reaction.

As for posting an item for sale there, I avoid it. I wouldn't want my listing to get lost in a sea of 1992 Topps, Donruss puzzles, and McDonald's glassware.

Sorry. Just my two cents.
Hi erick i find your comment on what my friend golden age 50s sells.Rude fred is in his 80s he does this to make a few dollars ,,maybe he doesnt have great stuff to post doesnt make him a bad person.ive bought stuff from him just to help.posting pics and making fun of him isn't what this forum is all about ,,go bully someone else ..
Id like to see what yoi have for sale im sure its mind boggling octavio
Old 12-06-2022, 04:18 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson44 View Post
Hi erick i find your comment on what my friend golden age 50s sells.Rude fred is in his 80s he does this to make a few dollars ,,maybe he doesnt have great stuff to post doesnt make him a bad person.ive bought stuff from him just to help.posting pics and making fun of him isn't what this forum is all about ,,go bully someone else ..
+1 on that. Just look at my successful deals.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 12-06-2022, 06:07 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson44 View Post
There's a difference between bullying and being blunt.

I never wrote that anyone was a bad person. I haven't been threatening or vulgar. I haven't told you or Fred to stop what you're doing. I simply called it as I saw it. You and Fred have taken over the Auction Forum.

By and large, I'm not interested in the items you're offering at the starting bids you've posted. As a consequence, I don't frequent that segment of Net54.

No offense intended. No reason to get bent out of shape.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (190/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 12-06-2022, 06:10 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Nobody has taken over the auctions. It’s just that nobody else really auctions anything here, so the 2 people who do are most of the posts.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:18 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Nobody has taken over the auctions. It’s just that nobody else really auctions anything here, so the 2 people who do are most of the posts.
Why do you think that is? This exact problem has been brought up many many times over the years.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:36 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Why do you think that is? This exact problem has been brought up many many times over the years.
+1
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 12-06-2022, 07:00 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
I stated why I think that is in 23, why it’s just a couple people posting difficult to sell items to try and unload. Which I have no issue with, I have bought from both of them and enjoy cheap junk cards too.

Selling via auction here is not really viable. Thus it’s dominated by the couple people who do it. It’s not their fault there aren’t different sections to group items, they follow the rules and do nothing wrong because they are the only ones who use it.

I can see why some might criticize the other guys listings that are rather hyperbolic and might rub some wrong, but I can’t see a single thing Octavio has done anything even slightly worthy of critique by posting auctions in the auctions section while following its rules. He’s not taking it over by using it. It’s just that nobody else is. It’s not like the auction section was popping off without them.
Old 12-06-2022, 07:06 PM
Ben North

Quote:
I stated why I think that is in 23, why it’s just a couple people posting difficult to sell items to try and unload. Which I have no issue with, I have bought from both of them and enjoy cheap junk cards too.

Selling via auction here is not really viable. Thus it’s dominated by the couple people who do it. It’s not their fault there aren’t different sections to group items, they follow the rules and do nothing wrong because they are the only ones who use it.

I can see why some might criticize the other guys listings that are rather hyperbolic and might rub some wrong, but I can’t see a single thing Octavio has done anything even slightly worthy of critique by posting auctions in the auctions section while following its rules. He’s not taking it over by using it. It’s just that nobody else is. It’s not like the auction section was popping off without them.
I appreciate the response even though I believe it to be 100% wrong. This exact problem gets brought up fairly regularly. The last time was just before the last nationals. It is always the same. A few openly complain while many complain behind the scenes.

Maybe someone could set up an unanimous poll so they wouldn't have to worry about Octavio attacking them.

If it really wasn't a problem it wouldn't get brought up once or twice a year.

Last edited by bnorth; 12-06-2022 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2022, 07:12 PM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
I appreciate the response even though I believe it to be 100% wrong. This exact problem gets brought up fairly regularly. The last time was just before the last nationals. It is always the same. A few openly complain while many complain behind the scenes.

Maybe someone could set up an unanimous poll so they wouldn't have to worry about Octavio attacking them.

Ben i take anything you say with a grain of salt your delusional your a troll that buys zero here and posts garbage .your a bully im not afraid of you.
Old 12-06-2022, 07:15 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:

Do you think Net54’s BST would be a viable auction place for popular vintage baseball items if not for those two gentleman using the space to sell low end items?

I would note to paragraph 2 that people complaining about something does not make it so. I have heard people whine about a great many things that, unlike this, are not difficult to prove opinions but are provably false. The presence of a complaint does not make it legitimate or illegitimate.

We can test it. I’m sure Octavio would pause his listings for someone to use it, and not the main board, to auction significantly valuable items so we can see if they go for market value or not and test the thesis. I doubt anyone will want to risk it without having pals lined up to ensure a certain outcome, for the other reasons in 23.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:27 PM
octavio ranzola

Quote:
Best answer given on this thread
Closed Thread