NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 02-21-2021, 06:55 PM

Default Brooks Master - Mark

Hi, Mark. The Bazooka Stamp Panel is a PSA 5. The Bazooka’s are amazing. I was a little busy today and forgot I had to do this. I can’t imagine doing this every day for a year. Wow! Thanks for the feedback.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:04 AM
Alan Strout

Here are a few more Brooks Robinson items to add to Charlie's 1964 list. The Orioles pretty much used the same photo for all their 1964 team issues. It's actually the same pose as the 1963 postcards, with different croppings.

1964 Team Issued Postcards

1964 Postcards 10 - Copy.JPG 1964 Postcards 11 - Copy.JPG

1964 Team Issued 8x10 Photo and Sports Illustrated Premium

Robinson, Brooks 7 - Copy.jpg Robinson, Brooks (Sports Illustrated) - Copy.jpg

The Orioles finally fixed the blemish on Brooks nose, at least on the 8x10 photo

1964 Martin Company Family Night Card July 17, 1964

1964 Martin Family Night #4 - Copy.jpg Martin Marietta - Copy.jpg
Old 02-23-2021, 06:40 AM
Bill H@e1ig

I'm sure some of you guys would have heard of (or known) Ted Patterson who was a long time Baltimore area TV/Radio Sports personality (& author) who had a long time relationship with Brooks & owned a world class card & memorabilia collection (which I was privileged to see on more than one occasion), unfortunately passed away yesterday at the age of 76.

Here is an article that was done on his collection a couple years ago prior to it being consigned to an auction house:

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.co...ummer-auction/

I was also fortunate to pick up a few items over the years from him for my collection (as well as this photo)....

RIP Ted

Last edited by roarfrom34; 02-23-2021 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:14 AM
Alan Strout

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
I'm sure some of you guys would have heard of (or known) Ted Patterson who was a long time Baltimore area TV/Radio Sports (& author) personality who had a long time relationship with Brooks & owned a world class card & memorabilia collection (which I was privileged to see on more than one occasion), unfortunately passed away yesterday at the age of 76.
Bill,

Sad to hear about Ted's passing. I never met him, but did have some dealings with him over the years. Seemed like a real nice guy.

Here's an Orioles Trivia book he did in 1980.

1980 Ted Patterson's Orioles Trivia Book.jpg
Old 02-27-2021, 09:46 AM
Bill H@e1ig

The Autoball Company has been producing those facsimile/souvenir baseballs you see sold at ballparks, etc. since 1947...

I recently picked up Cal Ripken Jr.'s contract with the company (dated March 1980) which goes well with the Cal Sr. ('71) and Bill Ripken ('89) contracts I've owned for years:

Last edited by roarfrom34; 02-27-2021 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-28-2021, 09:32 AM

Default Brooks Robinson PSA Master Set - 1965

Good morning. Happy Sunday! As promised, this week I will cover the 1965 items included in the 1965 Brooks Robinson PSA Master. When looking at the picture, the first item top left is the Topps Transfers. This item was inserted into Wax Packs. The set includes 72 different players either blue or red. They are very difficult to find in nice condition. This one is tied as the highest graded at a PSA 8. The 1965 Embossed card was also an insert with 72 different players (again, red or blue). They are condition sensitive. There are 24 graded as a PSA 8 with 3 graded higher. Next is the 1965 Rawlings MVP Premium. I do not think this item is rare, but there are only two graded. I had this one added to the Master, which celebrates Brooks 1964 MVP selection. I have not seen others but I believe there is a similar one for Ken Boyer. Next, there are the two 1965 Brooks Bazooka items. The Panel is in good shape but only grades as a PSA 4. The hand cut single is really nice. It graded as a PSA 8. Both Bazooka's are very affordable. I am sure a 1965 Brooks Bazooka Complete Box is out there but I have never seen one and PSA has not graded one to date. If anyone has one that they can't stomach anymore, I am your guy. Below the Bazooka hand cut card is the 1965 PSA 9 Old London Coin. This coin is tied for highest graded. These were made in Canada and included 40 players. There are 10 PSA 9s. This coin was very expensive but finding nice ones are affordable. I have a sealed one ungraded...should I send it into PSA for a possible PSA 10? At the bottom are the 1965 Topps and O-Pee-Chee 1964 AL RBI leaders. Both are graded pretty nice. They are pretty expensive at a higher grade. I have pretty much given up on upgrading these. The O-Pee-Chee has only 4 graded higher while the Topps one has 74 over a PSA 8. The PSA 9 Orioles Team card is nothing special. I am a big fan of the color. There are 3 PSA 10s out there. The 1964 AL Batting Leaders are next. The O-Pee-Chee is graded at PSA 4.5 and surprisingly very hard to find at a higher grade and quite expensive. Never could figure this one out (there are 20 graded higher but I can't seem to find one). The Topps version has 239 graded as PSA 8 and another 62 graded higher. I have made reasonable offers for a PSA 9 but seem to fall short. Finally, you see the 1965 Topps and O-Pee-Chee regular Brooks cards. The Topps version has 114 cards graded at PSA 9 and only 6 PSA 10s. The O-Pee-Chee is graded as a PSA 8 and there 5 others at that grade and only 6 graded higher. The Topps PSA 9 is a pretty expensive. Well, that is the 1965 list. I look forward to comments and additions to other Brooks items such as the team issued photos and post cards. See you next week with the 1966 Brooks items in the "Master."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1965 Pictures.jpg (76.5 KB, 181 views)
Old 03-01-2021, 01:57 PM
Alan Strout

Charlie,

Here's the 1965 Brooks Robinson team issued postcard and B&W 8x10 photo. The O's would use the same pose again in 1966.

1965 Postcard & 8x10 Photo

1965 Postcards 08 - Copy.jpg Robinson, Brooks 8 - Copy.jpg

I'm also including the Orioles 1965 spring training program from Miami. The cover featured Brooks.

1965 Spring Training Program

1965 Spring Training (Miami) - Copy.jpg

On a side note, please give me a moment to rant.

Yesterday was the Orioles first spring training game in Sarasota since last years COVID shutdown. It was nice to see baseball in person, but not the same atmosphere I'm used to at spring training. Lots of changes as expected. One that hit me by complete surprise was the Orioles eliminating printed programs at the game. I was told I could download the program to my phone. What a bunch of BS... Have fun scoring the game on your phone. The plan is to go all digital at Camden Yards also. I am one who loves programs and have spring training programs, as well as many other publications, back to 1954. This is yet another example of the Orioles ignoring their older fans to cater to technology. First it was printed media guides, then yearbooks and now game day programs. I'm certain that the Orioles run of player postcards from 1954 to present will come to an end this summer. I'm not sure what to collect anymore.

Thanks for letting me vent....