NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 06-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Mark

i have been doing 30min/2 miles on the treadmill and doing the weight watchers program. so far i have lost around 35 lbs in 3 months..

I have tried many many diets b4 and weight watchers seems to be working best. The best part is that i can still eat anything i want, just as long as i stay under my number of points each day.

If you would like a little more info please contact me.. What better than being able to take down half a pizza and still lose weight? NOTHING!! lol
Old 06-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktheshark83 View Post
i have been doing 30min/2 miles on the treadmill and doing the weight watchers program. so far i have lost around 35 lbs in 3 months..

I have tried many many diets b4 and weight watchers seems to be working best. The best part is that i can still eat anything i want, just as long as i stay under my number of points each day.

If you would like a little more info please contact me.. What better than being able to take down half a pizza and still lose weight? NOTHING!! lol
Mark, since I am fairly religious on my running I eat anything, everything and whenever I want to. Yesterday I ate a whole pizza for lunch. I have lost about 30 lbs and kept it off....I think I could lose the other 20 I need to if I quit eating like that but I really enjoy eating. From what I have read it seems like being just a few pounds overweight isn't too bad as long as you exercise a lot. That's my story and I am sticking to it. And in about 30 minutes I will be running my 2.5 miles for the day.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Mark

it sure is nice when you can still eat what you want and lose wieght isnt it? infact im about to get me 2 chili cheese coney dogs lol
Old 06-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktheshark83 View Post
it sure is nice when you can still eat what you want and lose wieght isnt it? infact im about to get me 2 chili cheese coney dogs lol
Dude, I just bought some of those Kosher, low (but not "no") fat dogs.....and I have chili and onions and all the fixins too......that could easily be my lunch today also. Though I might opt for some homemade spaghetti. We'll see...
Old 06-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Dude, I just bought some of those Kosher, low (but not "no") fat dogs.....and I have chili and onions and all the fixins too......that could easily be my lunch today also. Though I might opt for some homemade spaghetti. We'll see...
those dogs pretty good? almost tried them, but stuck with my ballparks lol
Old 06-14-2012, 11:52 AM

Default Good for you, Leon

Leon,

Good for you for getting back at it - running. Its a no brainer to a better, longer life. Just pay close attention to what your body tells you - keep at it but don't overdo it. Always stretch before working out, probably should stretch after workouts as well. Drink lots of water. Get good sleep. Eat balanced nutritious diet. Indulge a little. Its all good. There is no secret diet/program, but just use common sense and you will benefit.

I am a competitive masters swimmer, age 46, have a few swim meets on the horizon. Seems at this age, half the battle is getting up on the starting blocks just feeling good - no nagging aches and pains.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:20 PM

a whole pizza for lunch? and you still lose weight? you must have a REALLY fast metabolism to do that. losing weight is simple as calories in and calories out and that means it's about diet+exercise, with diet likely accounting for at least 75% of the equation. a 12 inch pizza is how many calories? 1600? On average, you expend 100 calories per mile - so, that's 2100 calories in one week of running and you just spent 1600 of that in one day.

I run 60 miles a week - ive learned not to eat anything i want because the pounds start to show. the sentiment is that when you exercise - you're given the license to eat damn near anything you desire. i have met people who do such a thing and dont really gain weight - but, most people are not like that, especially as the metabolism slows with age.

but if you can do it, drink an extra pint for those with slower metabolisms, like myself.

Last edited by majordanby; 06-15-2012 at 05:20 PM.