NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-23-2021, 02:22 PM
J@mes In.gram

A bit miffed that time-travel hasn't come to pass...

Would love to go back to, say, 1911 or so, and get a hoard of all the cards folks go all gaga over today, and then jump back to now. But then, when I post 'em here or try to sell 'em, they'll say they're fake.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 12-23-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingram058 View Post
A bit miffed that time-travel hasn't come to pass...

Would love to go back to, say, 1911 or so, and get a hoard of all the cards folks go all gaga over today, and then jump back to now. But then, when I post 'em here or try to sell 'em, they'll say they're fake.
The key is to find a safe place to stash them in 1911 that remains standing and unrenovated in 2021. That way they’ll naturally age, but stay in top condition.

Easier said than done.
Old 12-23-2021, 04:59 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Many sellers or traders selling on BST but not including photos of what they are selling. But they put selling prices for them for big dollars and say “ email me”

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1917-20 Felix Mendelssohn Babe Ruth
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 12-23-2021, 05:06 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Many sellers or traders selling on BST but not including photos of what they are selling. But they put selling prices for them for big dollars and say “ email me”
Sometimes there are no prices, either.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (190/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 12-23-2021, 06:25 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
To add, auctions with starting prices higher than eBay BINs. Bumping their overprices auctions daily and multiple times a day on occasion. Relisting the same auction over and over that don't sell because of the WAY too high starting price. Luckily it is only a couple people.
Old 12-23-2021, 07:58 PM
Chuck Price

eBay winning bidder doesn’t pay and has zero communication

Drum Daddy, "10 Drum's and counting"
Green Cobb’s, “7 and counting “
Red Cobb’s, “12 and counting”
Working on my Ruth, Cobb, Joe Jackson, Gehrig, Wagner, Mantle collection
Old 12-26-2021, 07:40 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
The key is to find a safe place to stash them in 1911 that remains standing and unrenovated in 2021. That way they’ll naturally age, but stay in top condition.

Easier said than done.
My house! hasn't had much major work since right around 1910. Which is both the good news and the bad news....

I've been all over it, even in the very hard to reach places. Nothing. Oh, a very dirty nylon Cowboys mini football I suspect the tennants kid lost, and a lobster trap. The carriage house still has some horse feed in the bins, and some very old tire chains in a cupboard.
Old 12-26-2021, 07:48 PM
Steve Birmingham

To clarify, when we looked at the place the owner was renting it out. It's single family.
Those tenants did leave us a cat who was pretty cool once he got used to people wo weren't A-holes. Seriously, who moves and just sticks the cat outside and leaves?
Old 12-26-2021, 08:37 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
To clarify, when we looked at the place the owner was renting it out. It's single family.
Those tenants did leave us a cat who was pretty cool once he got used to people wo weren't A-holes. Seriously, who moves and just sticks the cat outside and leaves?
When my wife and I lived in an apartment complex, there was a cat suddenly wandering around the courtyard one day. It was the first of the month, and this cat's former family did exactly that.

We shared 12 wonderful years together. He crossed the rainbow bridge in 2017. We still miss him dearly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Faith2.jpg (74.9 KB, 433 views)

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (190/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra

Last edited by Eric72; 12-26-2021 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-26-2021, 09:06 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

That's how we got our current cat, Walter White and Black.

My wife's co-worker said that a family abandoned him and my cat had died several months before, so the timing was perfect.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 12-27-2021, 04:27 AM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

1 - Any and all things eBay customer service.
2 - Sellers who list cards as EX-MT which arrive with creases in them or who say "no, there are no creases on this card" after specifically being asked if there are any creases, but then the card shows up with 4 obvious creases that couldn't be seen in the photos.
Old 12-27-2021, 09:26 AM
Al Stein

1. People on this site who ask for tough high-grade cards in order to get dibs on them. "Hi, I am looking for a high-grade well-centered 67T Brooks Robinson for a reasonable price." Aren't we all, dude.

2. People who pay $201 for a low-grade 52T Pafko.

3. People who show pictures of their cats on a baseball card forum.

4. Scrupleless people, especially on this site, for whom the term caveat emptor was coined. Thankfully they are the exception here, not the rule.

And in closing, if anyone has high-grade well-centered 1960's short print or star cards they might sell, I call dibs on all of them.

Happy New Year to everyone!
Old 12-27-2021, 09:27 AM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
1 - Any and all things eBay customer service.
2 - Sellers who list cards as EX-MT which arrive with creases in them or who say "no, there are no creases on this card" after specifically being asked if there are any creases, but then the card shows up with 4 obvious creases that couldn't be seen in the photos.
Agree with no 2. I wish people would just be honest with each other.
Old 12-27-2021, 08:59 PM

Modern cards as a whole. Refractor, cracked ice, optic, prism, gold, silver, blue, orange, red. I could care less. Your card went up because your rookie had a good game??, my guys are already in the hall. To even attempt to figure modern cards out makes me want to wait at every green light until it turns yellow, then go. I enjoy the good old days, Topps, Bowman for a few years, with a few food cards sprinkled in.
Old 12-28-2021, 12:40 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg25 View Post
Modern cards as a whole. Refractor, cracked ice, optic, prism, gold, silver, blue, orange, red. I could care less. Your card went up because your rookie had a good game??, my guys are already in the hall. To even attempt to figure modern cards out makes me want to wait at every green light until it turns yellow, then go. I enjoy the good old days, Topps, Bowman for a few years, with a few food cards sprinkled in.
Amen!

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...