NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Pup6913

Default O/T How to use Paypal Personal for transactions

After selling a few recent items I asked for the transaction to be paid for using Paypal Personal. None of the buyers knew what I was talking about, or had never used it. I am sure there are a few of you guys here that know about this but I hope this helps more people. There was thread a while back about this but no pics to help out.

The great part about this is that you can have the buyer of any items(s) of yours send you money and it does not cost you or the buyer fees for this to be done.

It takes less time for the seller to do this than for the buyer to create a request, the seller login to their account and go through 2-3 more steps to complete the transaction and then the seller has to eat 3% of the price of items. Even if the seller has you add 3% to the amount they will still lose money, and you are spending more.

First logon to your Paypal account.

Click on the send money tab at the top.

Click on the Tab located next to Purchase that says Personal.

Fill in the email address, dollar amount of money being sent, and select one of the option for the money being sent. (most of the time I use gift or payment owed. never had problems with either)

Click continue and how you are paying for this, and it will be sent.

Please remember if you do not use your Paypal amount or a bank they will hit you for fees on a Credit Card for this use. The buyer will be responsible for this not the seller.

I hope this is helpful to someone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paypal pics 015.jpg (99.4 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg Paypal pics 016.jpg (117.4 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg Paypal pics 018.jpg (91.0 KB, 161 views)
Old 10-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Damn, I cant get it to work. What's that password again?

Happy Halloween... NOT for kids!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Patrick N.

Default Does it technically violate policy...

to arrange a sale (say on this board) and accept payment as a personal "gift" as per your instructions?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:14 PM
FredYoung

Minty--

Not when you are not on EBay!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:26 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintacular View Post
to arrange a sale (say on this board) and accept payment as a personal "gift" as per your instructions?
There is a payment owed option you can use also. They all work the same.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Brad Green

I believe that someone posted several months ago that this payment option does not provide any protection for the buyer in the event of loss or fraud.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
There is a payment owed option you can use also. They all work the same.
I'd like someone to clarify when we're supposed to use the "Purchase" option and when we're supposed to use the "Payment Owed" option.

By the way - Andrew - did you take photographs of your monitor?
Old 10-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Pup6913

Matt yes I did

As far as when to use what is optional to you. I prefer not having paypal collect fees on my cards. Ebay does enough already. They are my personal collection so to me Personal is okay.