NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-18-2007, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Default Could be chalking up a new Wagner find shortly!

Posted By: Anonymous

There seems to be a few of you who still don't realize that there is no Jessica at all! The card is an obvious fake so how can anybody rationalize that his/her story about finding it in a cigg pack in the back yard? You don't find a fake in a cigg pack, you only find a fake talking about finding a fake card in a cigg pack. Notice that he can't produce a photo of the pack. He's only fishing for as much info as he can in the event that he would like to produce the most real looking fake that he can so he can try to scam someone at a later time.

Rob

Old 03-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

this is almost required:

Where and when are we having NYC Dinner II?

Old 03-18-2007, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: MVSNYC

barry & i thought probably in April after his auction ends...place TBD...but that's a whole 'nother thread.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Michael,
How about "Mindy's"? I've heard the food is the best in the city, but soup isn't a meal. Be well Brian

PS I miss the Soup Nazi....

Old 03-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Bania: You gotta try the swordfish...it's the best Jerry, the best!
Jerry: I'll have the salmon.

Joe and Michael- I was just thinking the same thing- planning another dinner for mid to late April- probably should start a new thread with the appropriate title.

Old 03-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Administrator

hi brian-

mindy's? never heard of it...

why didn't we think of this before? what about mickey mantle's restaurant?

Old 03-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Michael- it's not a real restaurant, it's from a Seinfeld episode. And I think it's actually Mendy's.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Administrator

oh ok, that rings a bell now...

how is your auction going?

Old 03-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Barry is correct - it is Mendy's, and that bastard Banya tried to get a second meal out of Jerry in exchange for the suit by claiming that the soup he ordered did not count as a 'meal.'

Joe's point is well taken: anytime a thread slides into a total barbaric free for all (as this one is slowly moving towards), the obligatory NYC Dinner Thread Dinner II needs to be discussed (or a Dan Bretta music video should be inserted on the thread). As a point of parliamentary procedure, in fact a new thread should NOT be started. Basically, every thread has the potential to be a NYC Dinner Thread. We should embrace -- not fight -- this urge.

And in anticipation of the oligatory Dan music video which is probably just minutes away, I would provide the anticipated response from those to whom the videos are included for: Dan, you selfish bastard, always ruining these great vintage card threads with your hippie music.

Carry on.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Fine, thank you. Lots of activity for the first full week. Still two more weeks to go.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Jeff- a little aside about that episode. I know you spend time on the east end of Long Island, so you probably know the Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor. One of the top people there, who both acts in and directs plays, is Daniel Gerroll. Well, he played Elaine's English boyfriend who ended up with Bania's suit when Jerry got fed up with it (where we come from, we don't say "what", we say "pardon." That's him.) I hope to meet him one day and ask him about acting in a Seinfeld episode.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Wow, Barry, I belong to the gym right next door to the theatre. And I could have simply strolled in at anytime and asked how it felt to be chased by Banya down the street...damn.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Jeff- I know that gym. When you have a free moment, walk into the lobby of the theatre. Photos from every play performed there are on the wall. Look for "Blithe Spirit" and you will see a picture of him (we saw that play there and he was great- he's a really accomplished dramatic actor).

Old 03-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Administrator

seeing that this "fake" wagner thread is now officially turning into the "unofficial" NYC Dinner II thread, let's start to weigh some of our options...

last time we did French on the upper east side, should we now do Italian in the west village? i have a great suggestion: Vento, on 14th st. & 9th ave...amazing italian, cheap, cool interior, etc...

p.s. i love Sag Harbor!

Old 03-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Sag Harbor is a great town...we have a place in Noyac.

Pizza in the West Village sounds good to me...I know Ted Z. wants to join us, so count him in too. The only thing is others who may want to join won't think to look here, since it's about a fake Wagner.

And this thread must be hijacked...as it was it was maniacal. Not even worth continuing.