NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Default Beckett contact please

Posted By: Bryan Long

If there is anyone from Beckett grading that reads tha board could you please e-mail me? I have a question regarding the oversized holders that you have now. I have tried to call the number several times, but cannot get anyone to answer the phone.
Thanks,
Bryan Long

Old 08-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Bryan - here is a response I got from them on oversized submissions:
"If the item is not bigger then 8.5 x 11, we should be able to encase the item for you."

Old 08-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Nevermind. I answered my own question by going to oldcardboard.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Mohler

I have a question too. What is the charge on the new holders? I looked on the site and couldn't find it.

Jeff

Old 08-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Administrator

I have never used Beckett for anything before. Can someone give me some opinions? I have an oversized item that I have been wanting to graded and it looks as they are my only option. It also sounds as it the same fee, but you just add $8 - that would be a heck of a lot cheaper than SGC - right?

Old 08-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Just in case my last posted doesn't make sense. JEFF: It seems to me that the grading fee is what they normally charge, plus $8 ????? Just a guess by what I read.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Anderson

Sorry guys - most of the department is at the National (some won't be back until Monday - I just got home myself).

Yes, the charge is the standard grading fee (based on turnaround time), plus an $8 surcharge that covers the additional materials and postage costs. Shipping these monsters is considerably more expensive than a standard slab, and the costs are significantly higher (why do slabs have to be petroleum-based products right now?!).

More info should be at: www.beckett.com/largeslab or just let me know if you have other questions.

Mark

Old 08-04-2008, 04:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: chiprop

Please email me dan@chiprop.com dan kravitz Thanks

Old 08-04-2008, 05:43 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

Hi Mark, I think Beckett does a fine job grading cards. I love the slabs, consistent grading, & grading scale. However, I have called & emailed in the past, & no one has ever answered the phone, or replied to my questions. That needs to get fixed. Sincerely, Paul

Old 08-04-2008, 06:40 AM
Administrator

If you could drop me an e-mail as well I have a question about how you would label a specific card.
bryanlong2000@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance.