NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Default waittilnextyear

Posted By: Edwin Miller

Any information on this ebay seller would be greatly appreciated

Old 05-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Default waittilnextyear

Posted By: Brian

Hi Edwin,
I don't know anything about the seller; but I do know that there is NOT A T206 OR T205 IN his Sweet Cap pack.
The pack is from FAC 30 10 Dist of NC, so there is NO Chance of a Baseball card......

Be well Brian

Old 05-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Default waittilnextyear

Thank you. This website is awesome, which I saw it a long time ago.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Default waittilnextyear

I met Rob (waittilnextyear) by winning an ebay auction about a year and a half ago. I made a private deal with him which included 2 expensive balls (more than 20 grand). He told me one ball was damaged in shipping and he couldn't deliver the other ball (it took him more than a year to finally acknowledge that he could not deliver on one of the balls). I asked for proof on the damaged ball, but it never came. He provided an acceptable substitute for one ball, but I have gotten nothing but excuses on the other ball for over a year and a half. I was about to consummate a new deal for a 60k ball when I did a search on this site and saw a post from a couple of years ago describing him as "elusive" which is the pefect word. He is knowledgable, friendly and I want to believe him but am now in a quandry. His ebay feedback is perfect, but he is at best elusive. I would appreciate any information anyone could provide.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Default waittilnextyear

Posted By: Jim F

I have never dealt with him but he sounds like another Jason Bobbitt(crazycanuck), I'd proceed with caution.

Old 05-16-2005, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Default waittilnextyear

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Old 05-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Default waittilnextyear

Posted By: Chuck R

I don't know the first thing about buying baseballs, other than the $3 kind you play with...but, this guy has not followed through on a $20,000 deal for a year and a half and now you're contemplating a $60,000 deal with the same guy? Did I read that right?

Old 05-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Default waittilnextyear

Posted By: Thomas Walcott Sr

I have also beeen warned about this guy from a few major auction houses that he stiffed for a ton of money this is not a rumor they actually produced bad checks he has written. I too was going to spend a large amount of money with him on a spectacular Babe Ruth signed ball when I questioned him he started swearing at me and abruptly hung up. I have since spoken to 2 other people that he has defrauded out of a lot of money. I was told Psa-Dna cut all ties to him also. I was told he was recently banned from ebay for shill bidding does anyone have any further information on that? My advice is to stay away from this guy before you get burned.

Old 05-17-2005, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Default waittilnextyear

I appreciate the posts from everyone.

I am not a complete fool and was not planning on parting with 60k until the prior transaction has been resolved satisfactorily. The ball is a gorgeous, single singend Ruth ball, with the original box. I could not detect a flaw in it.

Rodriguez is an enigma -- he has a lot of outstanding feedback and consistently puts up what appears to be very high quality stuff. Anyway I'm new to the hobby, appreciate everyone's posts and this website. I will be very careful with him.

Ed

Old 05-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Default waittilnextyear

Posted By: John

I sell t206 and t205 for a friend of mine on ebay. My friend partnered with 'waittilnextyear' despite the lawyers and the parternship having contracts and what not. My friend is still currently owed a large amount of money only check he ever did send was bad. This guy is definatly a crook and I urge you not to purchase from him.

Old 05-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Default waittilnextyear

How did he get such a great EBAY feedback rating?

Old 05-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Default waittilnextyear

Posted By: J Levine

One of the oldest scams in the books is a confidence game. He builds your confidence by using small transactions until he can score big. The auctions are rather small but he can build up great feedback on items costing $100-$1000 and then scam someone for $20000. Please beware.

Joshua