NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-25-2022, 05:01 PM
Jon P

Default eBay Vent with a Buyer

Maybe I am wrong but I am sharing a recent experience in hopes of feeling better and cautioning others of the respective buyer. I recently sold an item on eBay for $100 and shipped within 24hrs. For some unknown reason the package was held up in Nashville for three days. Instead of reaching out to me the buyer put in a claim for non receipt. When I received the eBay note I apologized for the USPS delay, provided details of the tracking through eBay and USPS. Today I received a note through eBay by the seller claiming he didn't have any information and no item.... Clearly when you look at the tracking it shows the item will be delivered tomorrow but his response is he doesn't have any info. The lack of communication and understanding baffles me....

Rant over

The buyers eBay id is myraridge3

Thanks,

Jon P@llard

Last edited by uga1980; 08-25-2022 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:05 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga1980 View Post
Maybe I am wrong but I am sharing a recent experience in hopes of feeling better and cautioning others of the respective buyer. I recently sold an item on eBay for $100 and shipped within 24hrs. For some unknown reason the package was held up in Nashville for three days. Instead of reaching out to me the buyer put in a claim for non receipt. When I received the eBay note I apologized for the USPS delay, provided details of the tracking through eBay and USPS. Today I received a note through eBay by the seller claiming he didn't have any information and no item.... Clearly when you look at the tracking it shows the item will be delivered tomorrow but his response is he doesn't have any info. The lack of communication and understanding baffles me....

Rant over

The buyers eBay id is myraridge3

Let us know how it shakes out. Generally buyers like this who start to needle you this early in the process, will also find something they don't like about the item when it does show up.

He's likely already feeling you out for a partial refund.

Hope I'm wrong.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:16 PM
Jim M.arinari

Jon, Did you ship it thru ebay or click-n-ship? From my experience, if tracking is uploaded into ebay, they would tell your buyer that they have to wait until the expected delivery has passed before they'll even contact you.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:31 PM
Jon P

I went directly through eBay to ship. I believe the initial estimated delivery was scheduled for Wednesday which is the same day he logged non receipt. Still baffled as to why you wouldn't look for a tracking update as it is a simple process. I have blocked to avoid unnecessary frustrations in the future.
Old 08-25-2022, 07:24 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga1980 View Post
I went directly through eBay to ship. I believe the initial estimated delivery was scheduled for Wednesday which is the same day he logged non receipt. Still baffled as to why you wouldn't look for a tracking update as it is a simple process. I have blocked to avoid unnecessary frustrations in the future.
Gotchya. Haven't had that happen in a long time. Maybe he's been burnt in past and this is now his 'process'. I know I was clicking NPB as soon as I could for awhile after a rash of them. eBay would then send a reminder to pay, and if they didn't, I was able to relist, get fees, prevent feedback, etc quicker.
Old 08-25-2022, 11:53 PM
Ed.gar Pim.entel

I could be mistaken but it appears the buyer is creating a paper trail for a refund. Worst case scenario you’re out of $100 and a card.

Last edited by EddieP; 08-26-2022 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:12 AM
Danny Gr|mes

This and many similar reasons is why I don’t sell on eBay anymore. Back in the day when eBay was in its infancy and not having pictures of the item were still acceptable in a listing, I got burned from buyers in this type of situation and others situations like buyers remorse. When I list things i do it to the very best of my knowledge and eyes, I’ll let you know of any issues regarding.. somehow buyers still manage to find something.. I’m still irritated today over some of those past transactions, people never seem to let me down.

My rant/vent

Danny
Old 08-26-2022, 07:19 AM

That username strikes a negative chord in my memory. I can't recall why.

Edit: Just checked and they are on my blocked bidder list, so something transpired on my end with them as well.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 08-26-2022 at 07:26 AM.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:47 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by refz View Post
I got burned from buyers in this type of situation and others situations like buyers remorse.

Buyer's remorse is my number one reason a buyer returns an item. Just yesterday, a buyer opened a NAD on 2 items totaling $6. Obviously expecting a refund and no return. Their reason for return was that two VG cards had light creases and they claimed that there was no mention in the description of the creases. Except there clearly was mention of the creases in the listing's description.

I messaged this buyer and asked if they missed the mention of the creases in the descriptions. Long story short, they said they didn't see the mention, and also offered they would have returned the cards at their cost, but it wasn't worth it.

In the past, and I am guessing this will be no different, I report this buyer to ebay for opening a NAD case instead of a buyer's remorse case and then quote their messages concerning their buyer's remorse. After accepting the return, I eventually receive credit back from ebay for the $4 return label.

I block and move on.

In regard to the OPs concern, even if ebay refunds the buyer, after you show the item as received, you can contact ebay and they will reimburse you back what was refunded to the buyer.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:47 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I've sold both vintage and modern on eBay in the last few years and here how "problem" buyers have broken down.

Vintage sales - O% of problems
Modern sales - 100% of problems

Idiots tell me that the card doesn't look quite as good in person as my photos and I'd like a partial refund. Screw you.

Had some jerk respond with a long diatribe about the $6.99 football card I sold him was packaged but here are 6 or 7 additional steps I should take in the future. Yeah, screw you too.

Seems like the annoying scammers are largely young guys.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 08-26-2022 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-26-2022, 09:07 AM
J0hn Collin$

This kind of thing is why I largely avoid selling on ebay anymore. For some time now their policies have been setup to largely favor the buyer and their position, no matter how ridiculous some of the claims can be.
Old 08-26-2022, 03:49 PM
Howard Chernick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I've sold both vintage and modern on eBay in the last few years and here how "problem" buyers have broken down.

Vintage sales - O% of problems
Modern sales - 100% of problems

Idiots tell me that the card doesn't look quite as good in person as my photos and I'd like a partial refund. Screw you.

Had some jerk respond with a long diatribe about the $6.99 football card I sold him was packaged but here are 6 or 7 additional steps I should take in the future. Yeah, screw you too.

Seems like the annoying scammers are largely young guys.

Seems like I might have dealt with the same buyer that you dealt with. He sent me about 6 emails telling me how I should have protected every card in the lot of 16 that he won. Cost about $2.99. He was telling me to use a certain thickness card sleeve and each card should have been placed in a top loader. He went on and on. Even left me negative feedback (which eBay removed). I took a look at the other feedbacks that he left for other Sellers and there was one negative after another about their packing methods. Guy was a total tool.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 08-26-2022, 04:23 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

I have very few problems with buyers since I don't really sell much. Recently I sold a few books and the buyer was unhappy with the condition. I offered a return but he demanded a refund but refused to return the books, "why should I have to re-box and waste gas going to the Post Office?"

He left me negative feedback, which Ebay removed. He was a member since 1998, 100% feedback and never left negative feedback for anyone, as far as I can tell. Oh well.
Old 08-26-2022, 05:56 PM
octavio ranzola

Almost 9 k transactions on net 54 no issues ,,buy on ebay but will never sell ..not worth the hassle

Last edited by rjackson44; 08-26-2022 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-28-2022, 11:25 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Sometimes it’s worth a little extra investment for piece of mind.

https://poopsenders.com/

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.