NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Pre-WWII cards (E, D, M, W, etc..) B/S/T

Old 08-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Default *** D311 NEAR-SET 69/72 cards available -- $14,750***

Thought I'd throw this group out there to see if anyone had an interest. It's a hard group for me to part with and it's not that I'm giving up on the final 3 cards, I think I'd just rather have the cash at this point for other things. I certainly don't need to part with them though so they could easily stick with me too

Anyway, this is a very significant grouping of a larger PCL set. D311s rank up there highly in terms of eye-appeal for a set with their vivid colors and unique poses to the issue. It's not the easiest thing in the world to simply get a single d311, much less this close to the entire set.

Some good things about this group - many of the toughies are included such as those tough Sacramento players, premium cards such as Baum and Peckinpaugh are included and the cards with the most popular poses such as the "prancing Melchoir" and the "backhanded Mohler" are also included. A select few players in this set run hundreds of dollars on the rare occasions when they are put up for auction so there is quite a premium for a couple of the truely difficult cards included in this group. Conditionwise, the cards are definitely lowergrade, most hovering around the "1" range but there aren't more than a few (3-5) which look too heavily beat.

Player list is below with conditions next to each one. Scans are available upon request. I might even have a few dupes I could include in the sale if the buyer would like them. Asking $14,750 delivered for the group which is not bad considering the very few completed sets I've seen sold in the past have always run in the 20-25k range at least.

Final note, being this close to completion, there is no chance of me breaking cards away from the rest of the group to sell individually. I'm quite positive my mind won't change on that so my apologies in advance!

Thanks much,
Brian
redmaccie@hotmail.com

Agnew SGC 30
Akin PSA 1 - creases
Arrelanes PR - trimming
Baum PSA 1
Bernard PSA 1
Berry PR - measures short
Brashear FR/GD - wrinkling
Brown PSA 1 - damage on left border
Browning ROUGH - creases
Burrell SGC 20
Byram PR - trimming
Castleton PR - missing corner
Chadbourne PR/FR - wrinkling
Christian FR - wrinkling
Cutshaw PR - front damage on border
Danzig SGC 10
Delmas PSA 1
Dillon SGC 30
Fitzgerald FR - VG front no wrinkling...back damage
Gipe PR/FR - wrinkles/holepunch
Gregory FR - soiling on front
Harkness FR/GD - wrinkles
Henderson PSA 1
Heister GD/VG - wrinkle
Hoffman PSA 1
Hogan PSA 1
Holland PR/FR - trimming
Hosp PSA 2
Howard FR/GD - wrinkles
Kuhn PSA 2
LaLonge GD - wrinkling
Maggert FR - wrinkles
McArdle PSA 1
Mccreddie PSA 1
McDonnell PSA 1 (mk) - wrinkles
Meikle PR - borders trimmed off
Melchoir PSA 1
Metzger PSA 1
Mitze FR - wrinkling
Mohler FR - wrinkling
Moore PR/FR - corner creases, corner wear
Murray PSA 1
Nourse FR - holepunch
O'Rourke GD - wrinkling
Patterson PR/FR - wrinkles
Peckinpaugh FR - wrinkling
Pearce PR - trimming, no wrinkling
Pernoll PSA 2
Pfyl PR - trimming/wrinkling
Raleigh PSA 1
Rapps PR/FR - wrinkling
Ryan PSA AUT
Schmidt PR/FR - creasing
Seaton PSA 1
Sheehan PR/FR - measures short
Smith PR/FR - wrinkling
H. Smith PSA 1
Stamfield PR/FR - wrinkling
Steen PR/FR - long crease
Stinson PSA 1
Sutor PR/FR - wrinkling
Tennant GAI 1
Thompson PR - trimming
Tiedeman FR/GD - wrinkle, small stain
Tozer PSA 2
Van Buren FR - wrinkling
Vitt PSA 1
Wares GD - one crease
Wolverton PSA 1
Old 10-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Had some nibbles on this group but nothing too serious. Lowered the price and the entire set minus-3 is available at $14,750.

Also, I'm looking to get back into collecting e107s so I'd definitely be interested in working a trade for just about anything out of that set as well.

Thanks much,
Brian