NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-23-2009, 12:58 AM
Rhett Yeakley

Default Huggins & Scott Partnering Thread

I can't remember if this is frowned upon on the main page of this forum or not but there are a few lots in the upcoming Huggins & Scott auction that I am interested in. If this is okay and there are others that have lots they are interested in feel free to post here

I'm interested in a few cards in lot #424 and would also be very interested in one or two of the 1921 Baltimore Tip Top's should there be a cabal in the works.
-Rhett

Note: If you moderators feel the need to move this to the BST please feel free to do it.

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 11-23-2009, 04:58 AM
Rob G.

Lot #74 - (141) T206 and T207 Singles

I only want one card and its a non-HOFer. Probably a long shot that anyone would need/want me in a group effort, but figured I'd try!

Rob
Old 11-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Rhett

This is absolutely permitted (cabals). Ya' gotta remember the mods of our forum are collectors tried and true.....

I was speaking with someone last night about a cabal for the Tip Tops since our friends at H & S grouped all of them, except the Grove, together. How else will us little guys get one?

For the Tip Tops, and the Tip Tops alone- Please email me if interested in 1 or more, and we can go from there. I have one other partner so far. I will get an email string going. Last time I wanted the Western Playgrounds, and tried for a cabal, but in the end the one I wanted turned out to be not quite attractive as I thought AND most of the guys going in wanted the same cards, so it didn't work out. I don't think this group will be as bad to try to break up. A whale might eventually win them but us minnows can give them a swim for their bait...... anyone interested can email me....Also, Rhett, if you want to organize it just let me know....makes no difference to me. I am not a ball hog...

My email is leonl@flash.net
Old 11-23-2009, 02:54 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

LOT 72 (118) 1909-1914 Baseball Tobacco Cards with (39) Hall of Famers

I would like the t3 and the t205s. A large grouping of blankets and t206's is also in the lot

Last edited by Republicaninmass; 11-28-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Last call

If anyone else wants to go in on the Tip Top lot this is your last call. We have 3-4 right now....We believe they will be a bit more than a few hundred each so if you are looking to pick one up for that....I think you are a bit shy on the amount......Please email me at

leonl@flash.net

to discuss options. It's not 100% set we will be able to come up with equitable terms for everyone but we will try.....

happy collecting!!
Old 11-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Rich Klein

Default A cabal in this is lot is fine legally and morally

Because the odds are that a group would not depress bidding at all if a high level collector/dealer/whale really wanted this lot. In addition; this is not like a suppression of trade for H&S.

This type of lot is very similar to when Roger Neufeldt found those chickering cabinets and Lew Lipset auctioned them off in either an individual or a two spot for the lot. Some people believe that those cabinets might have even sold for more money than they did if grouped together in one lot.

So; either way is fine for a group or an individual bid and if enough people get together; the bid might even be higher than an individual.

Can't wait to see what the Grove card goes for. The earliest card of a HOFer, which pre-dates his major league career by several years.

Regards
Rich