NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Clayton

1. Name- Clayton

2.Age- Will hit 40 in January

3.Day Job- Bus Driver/ Public Transportation

4.Location-" Sin City "

5.-Collecting Interests- T206, and my wife and I like to collect "Cowboy/ Western art" (see pics below, and sorry about the glare).

6.Family-Wonderful wife & best friend Laura, along with 2 cats.

7.How long in hobby-not as long as most of you folks- maybe 4-5 years (I guess I don't really keep track)

8.Other interests-Love music (Metal, Punk, Classic Rock, Acid Rock, Classic Country, BlueGrass, Etc, Etc,) Playing guitar and bass guitar, some gambling,spending time with my wife, scouring antique malls for cool stuff, collecting interesting western items, tattoos (nice leg sleeve Ralph ), traveling (all though haven't traveled in awhile).

9.Attend shows- no, there is nothing out this way to go to most of the time (sometimes shows in California. I WILL make it to a National eventually.)

Nice to meet you all.

Sincerely, Clayton
Attached Images
File Type: jpg various 006.jpg (71.4 KB, 1109 views)
File Type: jpg various 007.jpg (69.4 KB, 1113 views)
Old 12-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Mike Dugan

Name: Mike Dugan

Day Job: Candy Wholesaler

Location: Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas- The birthplace of Spring Training!

Collecting Interst: pre-1950 cards, baseball books and Arkansas sports memorabilia

Family: Wife of 32 years who actually should be up for sainthood and college freshman daughter

How long in hobby: started in 1975 but had a brain problem 20 years ago when I sold almost everything

Other Interests: Golf, tennis before knees went bad

Do you attend shows?: Last show was National in St. Louis in mid 90s
Old 12-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Dave H@rford

1. Name - Dave Harford

2. Age - 44

3. Day Job - Active Duty, US Army

4. Location - San Antonio, TX

5. Collecting Interests - Ted Williams, Christy Mathewson, HOF (T204/T205/T206), recently started HOF type set (as much as each set offers a HOF) with my father

6. Family - Wife of 20 years and 3 daughters

7. How Long In the Hobby - Started collecting in 1975 as a Red Sox fan. Slowed in high school, but have been picking up speed ever since.

8. Other interests - The family, art, music, bicycling, golf and English football (Go Chelsea!)

9. Do you attend shows? - Used to hit 10+ a year on the East Coast, barely 1/year in TX
Old 12-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Jim

Jim Moore

Domestically challenged domestic engineer (unemployed)

Coos Bay OR

Hurlers

yes

1976 still have that Ek rc

HO scale slot car drag racing

I wish
Old 12-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Tom Boblitt

1. Name- Tom Boblitt

2. Age- 44

3. Day job- International Long Range Planning for the UPS Airline

4. Location- Louisville, KY

5. Collecting interest- Mostly nonsports now with E card type collection. Still add to some memorabilia collections too like autographed single signed balls and mini bats.

6. Family- Wife, 18 & 14 year old stepsons and 4 year old daughter. College, High School & Preschool all at the same time.

7. How long in hobby- 30+ years.

8. Other interests- Anything my daughter does.

9. Do you attend shows? Made every national from 1992-on. Occasionally hit the Pittsburgh J Paul show or Cincinnati Moeller or the occasional mall show in Louisville here. Not much around anymore........
Old 10-27-2015, 01:45 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

1. Name- Larry
2. Age- 61
3. Day job- retired (four years ago) FAA air traffic controller
4. Location- Jacksonville FL
5. Collecting interest- I'm a pre '81 low grade set collector baseball football hockey basketball non-sports and trying to finish my sets. Also low grade T206 raw in binder pages and low grade T205 slabbed in SGC holders.
6. Family- Divorced since 2003 never re-married. Four kids eight grandkids.
7. How long in the hobby- collected as a kid '62-'67 then got rid of my cards restarted in 1988 when my oldest brought home some '88 Donruss
8. Other interests- Fitness, Jaguars rooter and season ticket holder, Travel, Backpacking. Volunteering.
9. Do you attend shows- I have attended the past four Nationals and don't miss our local monthly show.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:23 PM
Tom Hines

1. Name- Tom Hines

2. Age- 42

3. Day job- Chief Boatswains mate in the Coast Guard

4. Location- Coos Bay, OR (currently) From Norfolk, VA

5. Collecting interest- Cincinnati Reds 1985 and earlier, Paul Hines cards (my Great Great Grand Uncle) My collection has ebbed and flowed a lot over the years. Had a T206 near set (minus the big 4), had all the 1950's Topps sets (minus 51' Blue Back). Now I just focus on the Reds and uncle Paul.

6. Family- divorced for 2 years, two sons (13 and 11) and a daughter (9)

7. Years in hobby- 31 (some years more aggressive than others but continuously active since I was 11)

8. Other interests- Travel and History

9. Do you attend shows? Not many. Don't know of any near Coos Bay.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:29 PM
David Kathman

I've posted about myself on a couple of threads in the past, but I like this kind of thing, so I'll go along with this one too.

1. Name- David Kathman

2. Age- 49

3. Day job- Mutual fund analyst. Basically, I talk to a lot of money managers, crunch some numbers, and write about mutual funds and investing, trying to make it all understandable for ordinary people.

4. Location- Chicago, Illinois

5. Collecting interest- Very eclectic, including some of just about everything. Pre-war sets I have at least 50 of include T206 (300+, with many tough backs), T205, T212, T210, and N172, plus some of just about every T and E card set except a few of the real toughies. Also representative samples of most major sets from 1920 on, and Topps sets or near-sets from 1967-1991. I also collect non-sport tobacco cards, including several non-sport T-card sets and a pretty good type collection (N and T cards), plus advertising trade cards from the late 1800s, of which I have around 5,000 (17 albums worth).

6. Family- Not married, but I have a girlfriend with a 7 year old daughter. Parents, two brothers, two sisters, all with spouses and kids (8 nieces and nephews).

7. How long in hobby- Started in 1975, the year I became interested in baseball, when I collected the Topps MVP subset because I liked the pictures of old cards. Started more seriously the following year, when I went to my first card shop and paid $2.95 to a mail-order dealer to get one card from each Topps set from 1952 through 1975. Took a break from 1983 to 1991, then got back in and have never been totally back out, though there were some stretches of several years when I wasn't actively collecting much.

8. Other interests- Shakespeare and Elizabethan theater history (I've published many scholarly papers and go to the Shakespeare Association of America meeting every year); medieval history (I go to the International Medieval Congress in Kalamazoo every year and sometimes give a paper there); theater (I go to many, many plays and used to perform improv comedy); the U.S. Supreme Court; popular culture of the 20th century (especially popular music); politics; and lots of other stuff. I have over 5,000 books.

9. Do you attend shows? This year's National was the first card show I had been to in many years, and it was a lot of fun. I went to numerous card shows in the early 80s and then again in the early-to-mid-90s, but after that other things got in the way, and then eBay came along.