NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-03-2009, 11:48 AM

Default Our UPS delivery woman

could give yours a run for the money, Jim.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 211-upsgirl.jpg (40.7 KB, 151 views)
Old 12-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Dan Bretta

I just got off the phone with UPS...For three consecutive days now they've put a note on my business door that they tried to deliver. My door has my hours on it - Noon to Midnight 7 days a week. It is completely unacceptable to me that they didn't try to make delivery during my operating hours...This has never happened in 25 years. I've had notes of delivery tries on my door before, but the driver has always showed up later in the day.... I had to call a UPS store in order to find out how to contact my local UPS. The nice lady at the UPS store told me a secret how to actually talk to a live person at UPS.

Dial the 800 number...when the Espanol BS menu comes on hit 0...another menu will come on..hit 0 again and you are immediately connected to a live person. That person was quite helpful and got the message to my local UPS center that I NEED that package today.

I had the same UPS driver for 20 years and he was awesome...this new guy is a complete jerk...our movies are delivered COD and he actually told me that I should have the check written out before he gets there. Since our movies are autoshipped that requires me calling my distributor to find out what the total is which is another phone call that requires me to go through a myriad of button pushing. I just told the UPS driver that I never know what the total is until he shows up...I guess the 20 seconds extra it takes for me to write out a check is too long to wait and now he's making me pay for it??? The local UPS gal I just got off the phone with is going to have his superiors talk to him about making sure he delivers after Noon.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Dave

Jeez, almost 12 years at UPS and I've never seen a woman that worked there who looked remotely like that.

I will say, the women who DID work there and made it for any period of time were workhorses who gave the guys a run for their money as far as work ethic and hustle is concerned.

As far as run & dumps. That's how it's done for house-call routes unless you want to stay out on the road until midnight looking for houses in the dark and catching hell from management the next day and risking your job.

You also would catch hell for the number of non-deliveries..........packages brought back to the building.......so you do whatever you can to get rid of your deliveries.

As far as rain goes, you're supposed to put packages in plastic bags if the weather is a bit foul and you're placing it somewhere it might get wet. If you're placing the package somewhere out of plain site, you're supposed to leave a sticky note on the door telling the customer where the package is.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Do we have any college professors/posters who could correct the spelling in the title of the thread? I'm sure there must be at least one.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Barry Sloate

Jim B. is indeed a college professor...maybe he will fix it at some point.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Do we have any college professors/posters who could correct the spelling in the title of the thread? I'm sure there must be at least one.
As much as I loathe seeing the English language butchered, I'd much rather see a misspelled word at the top of the post instead of someone's address and phone number -- because he was slow on a shipment of $185 worth of cards. (Oh yeah, and then have that info remain there even after the transaction was completed.)

But that's just me and my lack of love for the hobby, I guess.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:22 PM
JeR@Me

Default FedEx, UPS, and the Quasi-Gov't Entity known as the USPS

When I see these threads that bash a delivery company I typically ignore them, but I have to admit when it comes to shipping, FedEx and UPS are very good at what they do. So much so, there is really no other competition. A Classic American Duopoly that has generally great service, but every now and then misses the mark. Both companies have their strengths and both companies are very close in performance. I have no real complaints on either company, and I have experienced a negative issue in the past with both, but over the last 20 years, they both have delivered hundreds of packages to me without an issue.

As for the USPS, they are really good at delivering mail (Letters & 1-5 lb pkgs). They should stick with what they do best...

2 Cents to an off topic thread...
Old 12-04-2009, 06:20 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

The one thing that I like about Fed Ex is that when you get a tracking number you can actually see the package move across the country to your door. In contrast, I have a package coming to me from a board member since last Friday -- a full week ago. Here's the status as of right now:

Your item was accepted at 2:47 PM on November 27, 2009 in WHITELAND, IN 46184. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:40 AM
Tom Boblitt

Yep........Delivery Confirmation is just an attempt for the post office to collect 60-70 cents on stuff. Until they actually go to a REAL intermediary scanning system, their scanning is laughable. It does confirm delivery IF delivery occurs (and they put the info in the system) though. UPS and FDX both have scanning at every point in the system--actual or virtual scanning and at least it gives you some feeling for where your goods are during the path. They also both have pretty good exception statuses when, for some reason, your package gets off track or has to be held for some reason. Like Jeremy said, overall both do an excellent job but there are definitely issues when you pick up and deliver tens of millions of packages a week.

Plus......Jeremy should know........he's worked for both UPS and FedEx!!