NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Default A Sad day for my My last Post O/T

Posted By: PAS

I don't know Bruce but it seems the "we," the "whilst," and the refusal to answer questions or engage in dialogue are all part of his schtick. Whatever.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Perry Eaves

I have decided to sell my collection of 1988 donruss cards. It is nearly a complete set (only missing the elusive ron gant rookie and a couple of puzzle pieces.)The Dale Murphy diamond king is a psa 3mc which will be thrown in for no extra charge. It isn't about the money. I have debated over the matter for several weeks and after some soul searching think it is the best move. I have even consulted the local priest. It is through a heavy stream of tears that I am typing this message.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Pomilla

Bruce has some competition.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Nieves

Perry Eaves: high roller or obnoxious newbie?

You decide -- http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jimmythejimmy&ftab=AllFeedback

Tom

Old 08-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

all better now???

Old 08-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris Mc

Ut Oh, here comes another flock of wah wahs, wah wah wah.
Joe Walsh

Edited to add that this thread is weak, start to finish, including my post.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Perry Eaves

I never claimed to be a high roller. The point is that this is not life or death and treating a collection of low grade t206 (that just happens to be what the collection is, nothing personal)like it is a life changing move is silly. Read the original post again. It is hilarious when taken for what it is. I will not respond any further and sincerely wish you all the best in life.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Administrator

Yet you took the time to read it and the time to post your 2 cents huh?

Well glad to see you didn’t waste any of your time with this weak stuff, we should take a page from your book.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Perry, I agree with you that cards are cards nothing more.

But to some folks it can mean much more. What gets under our skin is the fact you keep referring to people’s lower grade cards as “junk” etc. Surely even you can understand how insulting that can be to someone who perhaps can’t afford much more???

Would you tell someone their kid painted like a retard, if they were proud parents displaying their child’s artwork? I agree you don’t need to open the kid a gallery or buy a few paintings for the house, but a little that’s nice and leave it at that isn’t so hard is it?

Old 08-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: PC

John -- you know, I'm trying to be angry with the le moderne Know Nothings that appear (frighteningly so) on this board, but your "Jim Backus as BD" photoshop image above just takes the indignation right out of a guy.

That's funny stuff.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris Mc

Hey John, I just want my ten minutes back. The thread should have been in the B/S/T I.M.O.
Regards, Chris

Old 08-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

Let's forget about "armpit collector." Let's call Joe, Leon, and others the backbone of the hobby instead. It is a more fitting label.

Peter C.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Not sure any "one" is the backbone...I would never be...I just want to be a collector like the next guy...every now and then most everyone needs a break...some come back some don't....we'll leave the light on.....regards