NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Default My only question

Posted By: Kyle

Hey Leon,

I'm guessing that every time Sean comes back, he has to re-register. With that said, how many different names has he used?

Also, how many new users sign up each day? Perhaps it'd be worth implementing an approval process for new users. A 24-48 hour time frame to approve all new users should be enough, but I say that not knowing how many sign up each day.

Maybe something to consider.
-Kyle

Old 07-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Default My only question

Posted By: identify7

It seems clear to me that Sean realizes that the majority of persons here are generally displeased regarding his posts. However, I am less convinced that he knows why that is. For example, he terms his former posting as "naughty", and asks "What can i talk about.......and what CANT i talk about.......".

No one has responded to this inquiry.

It is not reasonable to expect a person to conform to a behavior pattern which has not been identified to him, in terms adequate for him to understand. Has he been adequately appraised of how we view the behavior which he terms naughty?

If not, then I agree, ban him.

Old 07-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Default My only question

Posted By: leon

The whole naughty thing came from me asking him about "did his parents know he was posting on an adult chat board?". His answer was that as long as there isn't anything naughty then it's ok. We really don't have naughty stuff on here besides the occasional picture of me...That's pretty naughty but probably not what his parents were thinking. Also, just as any other poster should read a few threads and read the forum rules, Sean should be able to understand the nature of the board the same way. The rules are there for a reason and the top of this page also says what we are about. My 10yr old would know immediately and I feel Sean does too. Last time he kept posting what I told him not to so I did ban him. Hopefully this time it won't come to the same conclusion.....regards

Old 07-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Default My only question

Posted By: identify7

Leon,

At the point in time that Sean inquired regarding his apparent uncertainty about behavior which we find acceptable:

July 13 2007, 1:34 PM
What can i talk about.......and what CANT i talk about.......

It seems that he was unclear about how to proceed. Perhaps I am mistaken. But there is no point in torturing him and us if the main problem is that he does not understand what is acceptable behavior. And yes Leon, clearly the rules are written, and I just read them. Now I'll admit that reading is my second language, but I do not see where the rules state that you can not ask about what is the best, most costly, oldest, rarest and all other superlatives applied to pre-war baseball cards.

Frankly Leon, I am unclear about what written rule Sean previously broke. I do not believe that the rules are written to include the thinking of pre-teens. And why would they be?

Can you successfully tell a 12 year old to not be impetuous? Inquisitive? Impulsive?

I applaud your hospitality with Sean, Leon, and your understanding, patience and tolerance; but until he understands that what is required of him is a maturity which he does not yet have, we are simply facing Round 2. Its your domain, I can walk away when I want to. And my opinion is just that of one man.

Enjoy and be well,
Gil

Old 07-14-2007, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Default My only question

Posted By: Alan

One thing to keep in mind is that are very few kids in this hobby, much less ones collecting vintage cards. Ten years from now, he might be one of Mastro's best customers. Who knows.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Default My only question

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

I agree. The kid should be given a much wider berth than the average poster out here. And I can't recall a time in which we've held a referendum on whether a poster should be banned (at least since Elmer J. Fudd, woops, I mean Adam J. Moraine) -- despite the fact that there are way more obnoxious and annoying posters. So why do it to him just because he can't fight back?

Old 07-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Default My only question

Posted By: leon

As seen in my other post I hope no one gets banned. God knows I have wanted to ban a few folks a few times, and still will if I deem it necessary for the welfare of the board (or possibly my sanity). I feel this was a relevent topic since most of us know what happened last time. We gave an inch and Sean (hi Sean) took a mile...then another. I agree we need to be more lenient and not less....and that is the way I proceeded last time as it will be this time....The more collectors the better....I hope Sean reads the rules, follows them, and becomes a fine young collector like the several teenagers on the board...regards all

Old 07-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Default My only question

Posted By: Richard Masson

What is an Old Judge set worth in PSA 8s?

Old 07-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Default My only question

Posted By: Jerry

I generally Dislike Kids, especially adolescence boys. You will understand when you get old. They don't respect their elders and when you are nice to them they don't usually show any gratitude. They have to much and don't appreciate it. Their noisy too.
I got (2) 12 yr olds living behind me that have figured out how to make an everyday firecracker sound like a Cannon.
I vote to Ban

Old 07-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Administrator

Default My only question

Posted By: Anonymous

Old 07-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Administrator

Default My only question

Posted By: anthony

"JULIE VOGNAR"

now there's a board member you see much anymore...i just read the "are there girls that collect baseball cards" thread and JULIE came to mind...if i remember correctly most was sold by REA awhile back, one hell-uva collection!

leon;

in the words of eric cartman..."i'm not fat, i'm big-boned!"

Old 07-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Administrator

Default My only question

Posted By: B.C.D

when will you be 13?

then you can really post away everything your heart desires!

BcD