NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Robert Klevens

Such horrible news. Although I never met him, he always seemed like such a nice man willing to share his knowledge. RIP Ted
Old 01-08-2024, 06:13 PM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Saw Ted every year when he came to Cooperstown.
A great guy with a wealth of knowledge.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:18 PM
Sonny Tutor

So very sorry to hear this. Ted did so much for the hobby. He will truly be missed.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:31 PM

Dang...I was looking forward to his return to posting here. Our paths never crossed, but you could tell on the forum here that he was passionate about our hobby, and was so incredibly willing to share his knowledge, thoughts and theories...definitely a collector's collector.

Thanks Ted, we will miss you!

Brian
Old 01-08-2024, 06:18 PM
John P
Joh.n Per.rotta

Default RIP Ted Z

I have been fortunate enough and had the pleasure of meeting and talking to Ted along with Dan at several Philly shows. Ted was always so enthusiastic about this Hobby. He was truly a gentleman and will surely be missed. Rip Teddy Z.

Regards
John P
Old 01-08-2024, 06:20 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Very sorry to see this. I never knew Ted, maybe exchanged a few messages over the years, but I could always tell by his posts and by the posts of others that he was a truly great, genuine human being. Always willing to share his immense knowledge, to encourage other collectors, and to engage in this hobby with incredible enthusiasm. I suspect this is the way he lived his life in general, and I am sure he will be missed by all who knew him, and by many who didn't. RIP Ted Z.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:26 PM
Frank Wakefield

I'm devastated.

Life is fragile. Let's be nice to one another. I should work on that myself.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:30 PM
Scott Russell

He will be missed, just one of those periodic reminders, take the time to chat with those you can, time is finite. I mourn the many conversations I never got to have with Ted.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 01-08-2024, 06:28 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

A sad day, truly a gut punch to this sub and the hobby in general. Will never be another one like Ted. So generous with his time and amazing knowledge.

RIP and condolences to Teds family.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 01-08-2024, 06:30 PM
Jon Canfield

So very sorry to hear this. Ted and I had many wonderful exchanges. I also have many of his cards in my collection. This one hurts.
Old 01-08-2024, 06:35 PM

Damn. This sucks. Ted was a GREAT guy. Super nice, loved to chat and always happy to help. Plus, he is a t206 legend. This is a huge loss. I am very sad. My heart goes out to his family. Thanks Ted for all the advice and chatter- I hope there is a t206 Wagner waiting for you in heaven.