NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-20-2023, 06:33 PM

Default Counterfeit card on ebay.

In a group where we have all been scammed once or twice. I "won" two fake N29's on ebay this week. Card floureses, is short, and ink color is off. Luckily I caught them in the 3 day window upon arrival and the seller is claiming some ridiculousness that I am not a grader therefore not qualified to identify a fake/counterfeit item. Item # 305307666602 and Item # 305307661348 Anybody who would like to reach out to User amche_6310 and let them know that selling counterfeits that they claim are authentic is fraud and fraud is a crime would be greatly appreciated. I will go through ebay if needed, but would like to avoid it. Any other suggested courses of action would be appreciated, too.
Old 12-20-2023, 07:22 PM
Jay Shumsky

Why wouldn't you just want to go through eBay if the seller is not willing to agree to a return?
Old 12-20-2023, 07:32 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Default Do it now

You need to pull out all stops immediately and report him to eBay at once. Scammers are great at stalling , making excuses, lying, etc …… don’t waste time negotiating with a person like this. His initial response shows he isn’t someone you can deal with fairly. Good luck….. sorry it happened.
Old 12-20-2023, 08:00 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Just file a claim now. Those cards were clearly fake as are most of his listed autographs, this is a scammer.

This statement both was a warning and gives return reason as he clearly states they are authentic. “ Selling as authentic but I'm not a grader since the card was given to me by my dad, and his dad to him.”

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 12-20-2023, 08:10 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by incugator View Post
I will go through ebay if needed, but would like to avoid it.
Why?
Old 12-20-2023, 08:20 PM

Default Filed claim.

I have filed a return claim. I was just hoping he would cave and send the refund based on some pressure. It seems like I will have to go through eBay.
Old 12-20-2023, 08:42 PM
Fred

I tend to avoid low feedback sellers with this type of material. Just looking at the pictures I'd have passed pretty quickly.

Looking at the seller's feedback (23 @ 100%), you can see his name is Ray Cherry and one particular person from Australia left 10 feedbacks and really doesn't appear to be a big fan of his. The person used the term "grub" to describe him. I guess that indicates the guy is a low life or of low character (for Aussies).

I seriously doubt anybody messaging the clown through ebay is going to help because he would just tell us the same (we're not professional graders).

Good luck, I hope ebay does the right thing and forces the refund. This clown will probably claim the cards were never returned, better make sure you track the package.

Edited to add - you should really check things out before bidding. Luckily, these were small transactions.

Last edited by Fred; 12-20-2023 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-21-2023, 11:55 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I tend to avoid low feedback sellers with this type of material. Just looking at the pictures I'd have passed pretty quickly.

Looking at the seller's feedback (23 @ 100%), you can see his name is Ray Cherry and one particular person from Australia left 10 feedbacks and really doesn't appear to be a big fan of his. The person used the term "grub" to describe him. I guess that indicates the guy is a low life or of low character (for Aussies).

I seriously doubt anybody messaging the clown through ebay is going to help because he would just tell us the same (we're not professional graders).

Good luck, I hope ebay does the right thing and forces the refund. This clown will probably claim the cards were never returned, better make sure you track the package.

Edited to add - you should really check things out before bidding. Luckily, these were small transactions.
Do not make fun of the the person from Australia I believe that is Mommy. And she handed him as her mother handed her down and so on. So he must be authentic

But seriously it is surprising with eBay attempts at authenticity and at removing fraud and yet some how it feels the same as years past.
That is even more sad because eBay used to be a great place to get cards. And that seems to be harder and harder to do

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1917-20 Felix Mendelssohn Babe Ruth
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 12-21-2023, 12:32 PM
Bru.ce Wil.s0n

Just return the things. Get your money back. EBay is full of these scammers and has been for a while. They don’t care. It’s up to collectors themselves to make informed decisions on their purchases on that platform. It’s unfortunate but reality. I do hope everything goes in your favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2023, 12:38 PM

Default He caved

He gave in and accepted the return. I think he realized he wasn’t going to win by holding out.
Old 12-21-2023, 03:36 PM
John P0we11

I won the auction for his 1933 Goudey Sam Rice. Now I’m fearing I’ll be in for a headache once it arrives….