NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-13-2023, 08:41 AM

I use it and think it is worth it.
Old 05-13-2023, 09:25 AM
Troy Rambo

I use it for far more than the value of cards. As Ryan (and perhaps others) said, you can get good images of cards and oftentimes better than what you're getting from the seller. I probably use that portion of it far more than the actual value of the card although I do use both.

While it's not a big thing in cards, understanding the provenance of cards does matter to me to an extent. You get that with VCP.

For value, it's $18/month with the monthly subscription. Seems to be worth it for what all it does.
Old 05-13-2023, 09:26 AM
Jeff Willi@ms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejharrington View Post
I use it and think it is worth it.
+1
Old 05-13-2023, 09:39 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

it is worth it but remember it is a tool/guide it is not exact. Some "graded" cards look better than others, the private market differs from Auctions, the rarity of the card etc.

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1917-20 Felix Mendelssohn Babe Ruth
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 05-13-2023, 10:11 AM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

I use it, it’s probably the best resource in a very imperfect market.
I wish they would they would capture all auction houses. They don’t, so there are are a lot of sales missing that a serious collector would deem relevant.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236
Old 05-14-2023, 01:08 PM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar_Stanage View Post
I use it, it’s probably the best resource in a very imperfect market.
I wish they would they would capture all auction houses. They don’t, so there are are a lot of sales missing that a serious collector would deem relevant.
We try our best to get everyone that sells..we always ask for permission to add the sales via an API connection. Some AH's have refused us, why I do not know and makes no sense. Since we are the only site that carries auctions live so it sends emails to our members that match their Want List.
Old 05-14-2023, 07:05 PM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyVCP View Post
Some AH's have refused us, why I do not know and makes no sense. Since we are the only site that carries auctions live so it sends emails to our members that match their Want List.
Thank you. That is unfortunate. Can any AH just supply their data? or is there some sort of a charge or technology expense?
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236
Old 05-14-2023, 07:35 PM
Brian Clatfelter

I also use the $4 dollar option when needed. Current price at VCP is 17.99 a month or 179.99 a year. I don't check prices enough to justify the cost. Alt is another option that I like to use. It is free, but takes some getting used to. There really is no perfect way to comp cards.
Old 05-15-2023, 12:34 AM
Bobby Binder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar_Stanage View Post
Thank you. That is unfortunate. Can any AH just supply their data? or is there some sort of a charge or technology expense?
I would not say any...most are now using Simple software so they now how to turn on the API feed. And if not Simple then any other should be able to create an API. Pretty standard