NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 03-16-2023, 10:42 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
So, if true, (which I doubt?) the first thing you found while doing your google search about James O'Keefe, (because you knew nothing about him but felt the need to post what you did) made it factual and true?

Like I said, I honestly don't think I've ever encountered anyone quite like you before.
Says he doesn't follow politics, at all, or much of anything else, but everything I post is a conspiracy theory somehow?
When are you going to explain global warming to me in your own words, Ben, like I asked since you stated I don't understand it?
I've been eagerly awaiting for weeks now.
I googled whatever project bla bla you used as a source and the stuff I copy and pasted was the first thing that popped up.

I will say this about global warming. If you ever hear someone talking about the current weather and using it to describe global warming. Turn and run away because they are a moron and have no idea what they are talking about.
Old 03-16-2023, 10:57 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I googled whatever project bla bla you used as a source and the stuff I copy and pasted was the first thing that popped up.

I will say this about global warming. If you ever hear someone talking about the current weather and using it to describe global warming. Turn and run away because they are a moron and have no idea what they are talking about.
So, in other words, you've got nothing. Big surprise there.
Old 03-16-2023, 11:16 AM
Ben North

Quote:
So, in other words, you've got nothing. Big surprise there.
Like what I post would matter to you. If it doesn't match what someone on tweeker or tic tak posted you wouldn't believe it anyway.
Old 03-16-2023, 11:24 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Like what I post would matter to you. If it doesn't match what someone on tweeker or tic tak posted you wouldn't believe it anyway.
Keep digging that hole, Ben.
Just when I didn't think it could be possible, you keep proving, over and over again, your lack of intelligence on anything above the prepubescent age.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg climit3.jpg (36.9 KB, 59 views)
Old 03-16-2023, 11:44 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

https://globalwarmingdeception.com

Guy Mitchell is a real scientist and an entrepreneur. He is not a politician. Mitchell Industries is his baby. His book requires more than a third grade education to read and understand. It is the best source I have found to understand what global warming is and what it isn't.

If you have an open mind on the topic, please get the book and read it.
The case he makes is quite credible and well sourced......

.... or you can just watch the "Inconvenient Truth" again with a large order of popcorn.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:08 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Keep digging that hole, Ben.
Just when I didn't think it could be possible, you keep proving, over and over again, your lack of intelligence on anything above the prepubescent age.
I do my best. I am sure there are several members PMing you asking about my beyond silly posts and insane sources for my opinions. Hopefully you are responding saying that he is just playing a role while trolling the site. Also responding that you hope if the things I post that if I truly believe them are not the beginning signs of a serious disease like Parkinsons or Alzheimers.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:09 PM

Quote:
When are you going to explain global warming to me in your own words, Ben, like I asked since you stated I don't understand it?
C’mon, don’t you know you that 99.8% of scientists are in complete consensus that the CLIMATE CRISIS is an existential threat to humanity and those other .2% of scientists are paid off by the evil fossil fuel companies? What are you, a science denier ?
Old 03-16-2023, 12:33 PM
Charles Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
https://globalwarmingdeception.com

Guy Mitchell is a real scientist and an entrepreneur. He is not a politician. Mitchell Industries is his baby. His book requires more than a third grade education to read and understand. It is the best source I have found to understand what global warming is and what it isn't.

If you have an open mind on the topic, please get the book and read it.
The case he makes is quite credible and well sourced......

.... or you can just watch the "Inconvenient Truth" again with a large order of popcorn.
So you get your climate science from a mechanical engineer/businessman?

His bio says he "has the mind of a scientist."

Checks out.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:47 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post

Checks out.
Do they mention if it is in a jar or his freezer?
Old 03-16-2023, 12:49 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:

Checks out.
It must be shocking to you that anyone who didn't get vaccinated is still alive based on what the funded T.V. man told you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Libbs5.jpg (34.4 KB, 57 views)
Old 03-16-2023, 01:19 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:

Checks out.
Read the book and make up your own mind. I didn't write it.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 03-16-2023, 01:49 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
So, if true, (which I doubt?) the first thing you found while doing your google search about James O'Keefe, (because you knew nothing about him but felt the need to post what you did) made it factual and true?

Like I said, I honestly don't think I've ever encountered anyone quite like you before.
Says he doesn't follow politics, at all, or much of anything else, but everything I post is a conspiracy theory somehow?
I've been eagerly awaiting for weeks now.
Just to be clear, you do not "believe" in global warming? Good times.
Old 03-16-2023, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
Just to be clear, you do not "believe" in global warming? Good times.
Hands down the biggest scam and hoax of the 21st Century so far, but there is still another 77 years for something else to top it. ETA Covid-19 coming from a wet market rather than the only virological lab in China a few blocks away is currently a distant second.

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 03-16-2023 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 03-16-2023, 02:11 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Read the book and make up your own mind. I didn't write it.
Reading a work before attacking it for not fitting the narrative is out of date.

My only opinion on Global Warming is that I have been told we are just 10 years away from uncorrectable disaster that will reshape the world and life as we know it for my entire life. The narrative is evidently overblown, as most fear screeching narratives always have been, and has not born out. Temperatures have risen slightly in the last century. Whether this is A) entirely or almost entirely the result of humans and B) it's effects will be hugely significant and reshape human life and organization I am not convinced one way or another. Objective research that isn't rooted in A) affirming institutions views and keeping the scientists career and reputation intact or B) contradicting institutions views would be great.
Old 03-16-2023, 03:25 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Reading a work before attacking it for not fitting the narrative is out of date.

My only opinion on Global Warming is that I have been told we are just 10 years away from uncorrectable disaster that will reshape the world and life as we know it for my entire life. The narrative is evidently overblown, as most fear screeching narratives always have been, and has not born out. Temperatures have risen slightly in the last century. Whether this is A) entirely or almost entirely the result of humans and B) it's effects will be hugely significant and reshape human life and organization I am not convinced one way or another. Objective research that isn't rooted in A) affirming institutions views and keeping the scientists career and reputation intact or B) contradicting institutions views would be great.
the way you sort the crazys like Carter here on this issue is whether in favor of nuclear power but sides that are not extreme both agree nuclear the way to go as its the cleanest and current energy alternatives are not efficient enough to be worth the cost and the negatives.
Old 03-16-2023, 04:23 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
the way you sort the crazys like Carter here on this issue is whether in favor of nuclear power but sides that are not extreme both agree nuclear the way to go as its the cleanest and current energy alternatives are not efficient enough to be worth the cost and the negatives.
I would say, before we get into what other energy source is best, we would first have to ascertain if there is, in fact, a serious problem at all and define terms. 'global warming' is used to justify extremist policies, new deal levels of spending, concerns about cow farts, and obviously false panic narratives of being always ten years on the brink of mass calamity. When pushed, its adherents tend to back up and use a very conservative definition of the temperature rising a little bit since ~1850, which is true.

The CET study, the the thermometer records, etc. show a small rise in recent history. We don't have that kind of data before recent history. If we use the geologic record, it seems to suggest heavy fluctuation over time and it is difficult to see that the earth is being killed by man or that todays temperatures are even historically abnormal. There may be a problem, and it may be man made, but this would have to examined honestly.

This is the problem with the bastardization of science into a political institution with an agenda rather than the method of inquiry beginning with Aristotle. Correlations and causations are mixed together, the data is presented cut in ways to support the agenda and belief, which I am sure is honestly held, rather than to start at the proper beginning. Research is conducted to prove the institutional view, not to genuinely follow the scientific method where the research comes before the hypothesis and the question is asked without a desired outcome. If one includes only that which supports what they want to find, they tend to find exactly what they want to find. And so the institutions always find that they are right (sometimes they are and sometimes they are not) and the conspiracists always find that the prevailing view is wrong. Rhetorically, it would really help the credentialist argument if the authorities did not insist on profound absurdities and falsehoods even after they have been proven false in other areas. A doctor running a study of a drug paid by a Pharma firm finds that the drug works, a scientist whose funding relies on proving the institutional view will prove the institutional view, and the handful who don't are dismissed and have their careers ruined as heretics. Nothing changes but the names and the faces.
Old 03-16-2023, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Obviously false panic narratives of being always ten years on the brink of mass calamity.
It is ALWAYS ten years off, the clock never starts from any point from when they say it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg greta t.jpg (72.6 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by Cliff Bowman; 03-16-2023 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Added scan
Old 03-16-2023, 05:30 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
It is ALWAYS ten years off, the clock never starts from any point from when they say it.
LOL, I always heard 20 years myself. Next you are going to tell me my 3rd grade teacher Mrs Fairbrother was wrong when she told us Florida would be under water and California would fall into the ocean by the mid 90s.

So these scientists are like psychics. They make hundreds/thousands of predictions and ONLY bring up the ones that actually happen as proof they were correct and completely ignore the 99.9% they get wrong.

For those that don't get it yes I am being a smart ass in this beyond silly thread.
Old 03-16-2023, 05:41 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Dont forger to "trust your doctor" Carter.

See list of recent lawsuits against prescribed and authorized medications.

Sure, it isnt the doctors fault you are addicted to Oxycontin. He just accepted the bottles of Johnny walker and sports tickets to prescribed them haphazardly .

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 03-16-2023, 05:48 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
What percentage of scientists (as opposed to internet warriors) do you think “believe” in global warming? Just curious about what you think the percentage is. You and cliff obviously have me convinced it’s not happening but maybe we at least consider what others think.
Old 03-16-2023, 05:58 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Dont forger to "trust your doctor" Carter.
See list of recent lawsuits against prescribed and authorized medications.
Sure, it isnt the doctors fault you are addicted to Oxycontin. He just accepted the bottles of Johnny walker and sports tickets to prescribed them haphazardly .
LOL. Doctor's know best!!

Remember when I posted about those medical professionals, those experts who were shamed, shunned and ridiculed when they stated the vaccines deplete, not enhance one's immune system?
Take care of yourselves, people. Vitamin C+ Zinc and vitamin D daily is the least you can do. Try to get some fresh air and some exercise and begin, if you're not already, to eat healthy.
Things are going to get real interesting soon.
https://twitter.com/FLVoiceNews/stat...79718273617924
https://twitter.com/SpeakerMcCarthy/...C-vYmS5rQtAAAA
Old 03-16-2023, 06:07 PM

Quote:
What percentage of scientists (as opposed to internet warriors) do you think “believe” in global warming? Just curious about what you think the percentage is. You and cliff obviously have me convinced it’s not happening but maybe we at least consider what others think.
Good grief, I wouldn’t even try to convince you or your buddies that men can’t become pregnant or that there aren’t two MAGA thugs still on the loose in Chicago that beat up Jussie Smollett.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:13 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Good grief, I wouldn’t even try to convince you or your buddies that men can’t become pregnant or that there aren’t two MAGA thugs still on the loose in Chicago that beat up Jussie Smollett.
What, you mean they can't and Jussie Smollett made everything up???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smollett.jpg (37.7 KB, 64 views)
Old 03-16-2023, 06:15 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
men can’t become pregnant
I need to ask the state and my doctor before I believe this.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:19 PM
Ben North

Quote:
I need to ask the state and my doctor before I believe this.
No need it is 100% false. https://www.today.com/health/thomas-...nt-man-t223681

As to the Jussie thing. Who wouldn't want to beat that ass.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:29 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
No need it is 100% false. https://www.today.com/health/thomas-...nt-man-t223681

As to the Jussie thing. Who wouldn't want to beat that ass.
That is factually a woman.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:32 PM
Ben North

Quote:
That is factually a woman.
Facts are one thing this thread is NOT about.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:44 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
It was in that post.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:47 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
But yet you can't bring anything to the table to dispute or argue the facts other than to mock and ridicule those that do.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:49 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Cliff, question still stands. What percentage of scientists do you think “believe” in global warming?
Old 03-16-2023, 06:50 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
But yet you can't bring anything to the table to dispute or argue the facts other than to mock and ridicule those that do.
Seems like your side is more disrespectful than others. Just my observation.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:52 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Cliff, question still stands. What percentage of scientists do you think “believe” in global warming?
Quit trolling, it really is getting boring.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:53 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Quit trolling, it really is getting boring.
Irv, same question to you. What percentage?
Old 03-16-2023, 06:55 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Irv, same question to you. What percentage?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg farley.jpg (74.8 KB, 64 views)
Old 03-16-2023, 06:56 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Question still stands.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:02 PM

Quote:
I couldn't care less if it's 110%. When I see #44 building a brand new solar panel-less oceanfront mansion in Hawaii right in the middle of a "Climate Crisis" and Bill Gates saying that it is perfectly fine for him to fly his four private jets wherever and whenever he wants because he buys Carbon Credits that tells me all I need to know.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:03 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Question still stands.
Irv does not answer questions he just posts links to tweeker and tic tak. You should know that by now.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:04 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
I couldn't care less if it's 110%. When I see #44 building a brand new solar panel-less oceanfront mansion in Hawaii right in the middle of a "Climate Crisis" and Bill Gates saying that it is perfectly fine for him to fly his four private jets wherever and whenever he wants because he buys Carbon Credits that tells me all I need to know.
You said it all right there - couldn’t care less if it’s 110 percent. Focus on how to combat it, judge those that don’t combat it or are hypocritical about how they go about it. Denying it is flat out silly at this point.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:07 PM
Ben North

Quote:
I am not trying to bring anything to the table or dispute beyond silly tweeker and tic tak links. I have clearly posted that over and over. This thread is beyond silly and I am just trying to add to that silliness. How many times do I have to post I know nothing about politics because I DO NOT care before you figure that out?

PS Eddie Bravo called and wants his comedy shtick back.

Last edited by bnorth; 03-16-2023 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:09 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
I am not trying to bring anything to the table or dispute beyond silly tweeker and tic tak links. I have clearly posted that over and over. This thread is beyond silly and I am just trying to add to that silliness. How many times do I have to post I know nothing about politics because I DO NOT care before you figure that out?
If you didn’t care you wouldn’t have the record for most open troll posts in a single thread lol
Old 03-16-2023, 07:10 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Calling someone out for repeatedly relying on Twitter seems fair game to me
Old 03-16-2023, 07:10 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
If you didn’t care you wouldn’t have the record for most open troll posts in a single thread lol
Ha that is rich
Old 03-16-2023, 07:16 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
You said it all right there - couldn’t care less if it’s 110 percent. Focus on how to combat it, judge those that don’t combat it or are hypocritical about how they go about it. Denying it is flat out silly at this point.
What's silly is your question. How many scientists believe in climate change?

Since there is plenty of evidence of past ice ages, not to mention the desert US was once an ocean, it should be quite, quite obvious to everyone that the climate does, has, and always will, change.

Now, if you ask what percentage of scientists say that the climate changed in the past due to natural causes (since there were no internal combustion engines... just a bunch of varying solar activity and farting buffaloes,) but suddenly that ended and humans became 100% responsible for any changes in the climate, that would be a far smaller number.

I believe in "climate change." I think those who think they can, or should, prevent "climate change" are fools. Climate does change. Deal with it.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I already mocked that lame talking point in post #1507.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:26 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post

Since there is plenty of evidence of past ice ages, not to mention the desert US was once an ocean, it should be quite, quite obvious to everyone that the climate does, has, and always will, change.

Now, if you ask what percentage of scientists say that the climate changed in the past due to natural causes (since there were no internal combustion engines... just a bunch of varying solar activity and farting buffaloes,) but suddenly that ended and humans became 100% responsible for any changes in the climate, that would be a far smaller number.

I believe in "climate change." I think those who think they can, or should, prevent "climate change" are fools. Climate does change. Deal with it.
Let me rephrase for you then - what percentage of scientists believe man’s burning of fossil fuels is causing an unnatural increase in temps that is harmful to the future survival of the human race? That better? Give me a percentage if you feel like looking it up. Otherwise see you at the pedo ring pizza parlor if the space lasers don’t get us first!
Old 03-16-2023, 07:27 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post

OK a serious post. Climate change isn't about the climate not changing. It is about us speeding up that change.
Old 03-16-2023, 08:35 PM
Bill Cauley

Quote:
Or are you still going to believe the likes of CNN and MSNBC as being truthful, unbiased and not just puppets of the left?
https://www.npr.org/2023/03/06/11612...dominion-media

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/03/07/m...uit/index.html

I tried finding any right-wing media that would report on this, but alas, it doesn’t exist apparently. Maybe you can cite evidence that this is false?
Old 03-16-2023, 08:45 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCauley View Post
https://www.npr.org/2023/03/06/11612...dominion-media

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/03/07/m...uit/index.html

I tried finding any right-wing media that would report on this, but alas, it doesn’t exist apparently. Maybe you can cite evidence that this is false?
Found within 5 seconds of searching:

https://www.breitbart.com/news/fox-n...famation-case/
Old 03-16-2023, 09:43 PM
Bill Cauley

Quote:
Found within 5 seconds of searching:

https://www.breitbart.com/news/fox-n...famation-case/
Touché.

I did not see that one. Care to address the content?
Old 03-16-2023, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCauley View Post
Touché.

I did not see that one. Care to address the content?
Trump-Russia Collusion, Michael Avenatti, Christine Blasey-Ford, Kyle Rittenhouse is a white supremacist, Jussie Smollett, 50 experts sign a piece of paper stating Hunter Biden's laptop is Russian disinformation, Afghanistan will hold out for several months, Ukraine will fall in three or four days, Covid-19 is from a wet market and absolutely not the Wuhan Lab, vaccinations are guaranteed to save you from the virus and from spreading it, six officers were murdered on January 6th, Michael Brown hands up don't shoot, Nick Sandmann-Nathan Phillips, masks save lives from the virus, mostly peaceful protests. What's the difference?