NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 03-03-2023, 05:19 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Funny how when at a conference hosted in a country some are supposedly starting to look at as your ally, that even they laugh out loud at the crap you spew. Maybe there is some hope for mankind yet.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/crowd-eru...180331064.html

Can't wait to see how the resident @$$#0(&s will try to spin this one. So people from India and the rest of the world are all just as stupid as Americans, know about nothing but the fake news they hear, etc., etc., etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...lution_ES-11/4

United Nations General Assembly Resolution ES‑11/4 is the fourth resolution of the eleventh emergency special session of the United Nations General Assembly, adopted on 12 October 2022, following Resolution ES-11/3 which was adopted on 7 April 2022. Resolution ES‑11/4 declares that Russia's so-called referendums in the Donetsk, Kherson, Luhansk and Zaporizhzhia oblasts and the subsequent attempted annexation are invalid and illegal under international law. It calls upon all states to not recognize these territories as part of Russia. Furthermore, it demands that Russia "immediately, completely and unconditionally withdraw" from Ukraine as it is violating its territorial integrity and sovereignty. The resolution was passed with an overwhelming vote of 143 in favour, 5 against and 35 abstaining. This resolution achieved more votes in favour of condemning Russia's actions than Resolution ES-11/1, the initial resolution on the Russian invasion of Ukraine which demanded that Russia withdraw its forces from Ukraine.

The ones supporting Russia were: Belarus, North Korea, Nicaragua, Russian Federation, Syria, and Irv.
Old 03-03-2023, 06:49 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post

United Nations General Assembly Resolution ES‑11/4 is the fourth resolution of the eleventh emergency special session of the United Nations General Assembly, adopted on 12 October 2022, following Resolution ES-11/3 which was adopted on 7 April 2022. Resolution ES‑11/4 declares that Russia's so-called referendums in the Donetsk, Kherson, Luhansk and Zaporizhzhia oblasts and the subsequent attempted annexation are invalid and illegal under international law. It calls upon all states to not recognize these territories as part of Russia. Furthermore, it demands that Russia "immediately, completely and unconditionally withdraw" from Ukraine as it is violating its territorial integrity and sovereignty. The resolution was passed with an overwhelming vote of 143 in favour, 5 against and 35 abstaining. This resolution achieved more votes in favour of condemning Russia's actions than Resolution ES-11/1, the initial resolution on the Russian invasion of Ukraine which demanded that Russia withdraw its forces from Ukraine.

The ones supporting Russia were: Belarus, North Korea, Nicaragua, Russian Federation, Syria, and Irv.
Very much aware of that UN vote Mark. Yet some people on the forum talk like that isn't the case, and still seem to totally blame the U.S. for everything.

If your post was more along the lines of commenting on India not necessarily being an ally of Russia, I was thinking of their recent cooperation with the BRICS group's plans for a possible new world financial order, as well as the continued, and apparently growing, commerce between India and Russia, especially in regard to oil purchases. And though India did not vote against the UN resolution, I believe they did abstain from it. And what is the old saying, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do (or in this case - say) nothing."

When India and China together represent about a third of world's entire population between them, that is not an insignificant fact to be easily dismissed. I always used to think of India and South Africa (the "I" and "S" in the BRICS group) as being more democratic and Western leaning, but now am wondering if maybe the U.S. alliance with Europe, especially Great Britain, may not be working against us to some extent with both of these nations. Especially in regard to any lingering ill-will and prejudice from when these two countries were controlled, taken advantage of, and had their citizenry abused by their British colonial oppressors. India didn't break from English colonial rule until 1947. South Africa didn't finally dump English colonial control until 1961, but the institution and effects of apartheid weren't formally overthrown till even later, around 1994. We dumped the British in the late 1700's, and then beat them again in the War of 1812. We've had over 200 years to forgive and forget our former British rulers. India and South Africa haven't had quite as long, so I can possibly see them being a little bit more hesitant to automatically just side with someone so aligned with England.

And by the way, South Africa also abstained in that UN Resolution vote as well.
Old 03-03-2023, 07:03 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Very much aware of that UN vote Mark. Yet some people on the forum talk like that isn't the case, and still seem to totally blame the U.S. for everything.
My post was intended to support your previous post, and your current one. When only 4 other countries, all of them either owned by Russia (Belarus, Syria) or likewise worldwide pariahs (Nicaragua, North Korea) support the Ukrainian invasion, it can't be simply stupid, gullible Americans being fooled by the MSM.
Old 03-03-2023, 07:58 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
My post was intended to support your previous post, and your current one. When only 4 other countries, all of them either owned by Russia (Belarus, Syria) or likewise worldwide pariahs (Nicaragua, North Korea) support the Ukrainian invasion, it can't be simply stupid, gullible Americans being fooled by the MSM.
It's not just the MSM it's the liberal elites. You know, Obama, Trudeau, Greta, Meryl Streep, Bill Gates, etc.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-03-2023, 11:19 PM
Bob C.

Quote:

I assumed so, just sort of elaborated a little bit more on some of the other things that seem to be going on, just in case some others tried to say something about India. Wasn't necessarily directed at you, just being proactive for some others before they try to say something else. LOL

We're definitively in an odd situation these days. And in looking at that UN vote, who voted no is one thing. Those who abstained are saying something also. Question is what, and then why? Just throwing some thoughts out there.
Old 03-04-2023, 06:23 AM
D@le Irv*n

LOL.

This is like deja vu from the covid thread.
How did you all make out with that one?

Stand with Ukraine. Brought to you by the same people who lied to you about Russian collusion, ivermectin is horse dewormer, the Steele dossier, mostly peaceful protests, Hunter Biden's laptop is Russian disinformation, if you get vaccinated you won't catch covid, Jan 6th was an insurrection, voter ID is racist and don't forget, democracy is under threat.

Anyways, I got about 2 feet of global warming to shovel from my driveway so I'm going to be busy for while.

Ya'll enjoy your blissful day.
Old 03-04-2023, 08:07 AM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Stand with Ukraine. Brought to you by the same people who lied to you about Russian collusion, ivermectin is horse dewormer, the Steele dossier, mostly peaceful protests, Hunter Biden's laptop is Russian disinformation, if you get vaccinated you won't catch covid, Jan 6th was an insurrection, voter ID is racist and don't forget, democracy is under threat.
Thank you for the reminder. I need to pick some up when I go for feed today.

worming_Schedule.png
Old 03-04-2023, 10:21 AM
Bob C.

Interesting, and actually maybe a great day. Somebody finally runs out of something to say about one issue in one thread, so they now have to resort to bringing up crap they already spewed about something else in another thread about a different topic, just so they can keep talking about something and keep their narrative going somehow. What a joke they can be. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

I was actually looking forward to seeing what kind of garbage some people would now come up with to dispute that Russia's Foreign Minister got laughed at by a entire crowd of international representatives at a G20 conference. I wondered how the resident "spin doctors" would try and spin this one to somehow blame the corrupt and government/power controlled U.S. media for making up just another fake news story about this, specially seeing as how the media for pretty much the entire world was on hand for this, not just the U.S. media, and yet they all seem to be seeing the same thing. Well, except maybe the people from the Russian and Chinese media maybe. LOL They'll probably try to spin it as the disrespectful actions of the Western world trying to assert their influence over everyone else, instead of the natural reactions of people. Like when you hear something absolutely ridiculous and stupidly insane that makes you spit out your coffee when you hear it because you can't help but laugh at loud. That sounds exactly like what the reaction of the crowd was to what the Russian Foreign Minister had to say. Hey, maybe that is the problem in everyone dealing with all this crap that is going on. Instead of confrontation and throwing angry words and threats back and forth, maybe we should all just start laughing uncontrollably at all these aggressors and the garbage and lies they spew about everyone else. If the bullies of the world won't back down from others standing up against them, maybe laughing them off the world stage will have a better impact and effect. Embarrass them enough to the point everyone knows what a joke they are, and maybe they'll finally start to shut up and go away. If nothing else, it is worth a try, right? It you can't force or influence them to back off, embarrass the heck out of them and maybe they'll finally back down to stop people from constantly laughing at them.
Old 03-04-2023, 10:17 AM

Quote:

If your post was more along the lines of commenting on India not necessarily being an ally of Russia, I was thinking of their recent cooperation with the BRICS group's plans for a possible new world financial order, as well as the continued, and apparently growing, commerce between India and Russia, especially in regard to oil purchases. And though India did not vote against the UN resolution, I believe they did abstain from it. And what is the old saying, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do (or in this case - say) nothing."

When India and China together represent about a third of world's entire population between them, that is not an insignificant fact to be easily dismissed. I always used to think of India and South Africa (the "I" and "S" in the BRICS group) as being more democratic and Western leaning, but now am wondering if maybe the U.S. alliance with Europe, especially Great Britain, may not be working against us to some extent with both of these nations. Especially in regard to any lingering ill-will and prejudice from when these two countries were controlled, taken advantage of, and had their citizenry abused by their British colonial oppressors. India didn't break from English colonial rule until 1947. South Africa didn't finally dump English colonial control until 1961, but the institution and effects of apartheid weren't formally overthrown till even later, around 1994. We dumped the British in the late 1700's, and then beat them again in the War of 1812. We've had over 200 years to forgive and forget our former British rulers. India and South Africa haven't had quite as long, so I can possibly see them being a little bit more hesitant to automatically just side with someone so aligned with England.

And by the way, South Africa also abstained in that UN Resolution vote as well.
I think Russia has been preparing for this war for some time now. They were not prepared when the Neocons overthrew the Ukranian government and installed a pro-western government in 2014, but they have been preparing ever since.

The alliance with China against the American Empire has given them a partner that needs their resources, so even though we blew up their pipeline, they still can export energy into other markets.

At one time, it seemed like China would get integrated into the American Empire, but we were simply used for our technology and expertise to allow China to advance their society. Now they too are ready to go their own way.

We will be challenged to directly take on Russia in a war, but I think we have no shot in a two front war against Russia and China.

Last edited by tpeichel; 03-04-2023 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-04-2023, 10:23 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Ivermectin is also on the WHO’s list of essential medicines for humans.
Old 03-04-2023, 10:30 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Like in Dr Seuss?
Old 03-04-2023, 10:52 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Like in Dr Seuss?
A persons a person, no matter how small.

My real hot take is that the King’s Stilts is the best Seuss book. The Lorax and Horton Hears a Who right behind.
Old 03-04-2023, 11:07 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
A persons a person, no matter how small.

My real hot take is that the King’s Stilts is the best Seuss book. The Lorax and Horton Hears a Who right behind.
What no Butter Battle Book?

" That day, all the Sneetches forgot about stars and whether they had one, or not, upon thars."

And it's sad to say, the new regime , s more like Sylvester McMonkey McBean

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 03-04-2023, 11:13 AM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Oddly enough, for the same things it is used to treat in horses and cattle
Ivermectin tablets are approved by the FDA to treat people with intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, two conditions caused by parasitic worms. In addition, some topical forms of ivermectin are approved to treat external parasites like head lice and for skin conditions such as rosacea.
Sure didn't see that coming.
Old 03-04-2023, 12:05 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
Ivermectin tablets are approved by the FDA to treat people with intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, two conditions caused by parasitic worms. In addition, some topical forms of ivermectin are approved to treat external parasites like head lice and for skin conditions such as rosacea.
Yes, I am very well aware. It is used for both. The media and the left billed it as morons advocating using horse dewormer, which is an intentional lie by omission as they pretended it was crazy to take this commonly used human medication by excising this information. We had multiple people in the Covid thread unaware this was, in fact, commonly prescribed to humans.
Old 03-04-2023, 12:36 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Yes, I am very well aware. It is used for both. The media and the left billed it as morons advocating using horse dewormer, which is an intentional lie by omission as they pretended it was crazy to take this commonly used human medication by excising this information. We had multiple people in the Covid thread unaware this was, in fact, commonly prescribed to humans.
On a serious post. The stuff you get from a doctor isn't apple flavored and made FOR humans. There is a big difference.

The studies that showed it worked in the recovery of Covid was from 3rd world countries. What it did was kill the parasites in them so their own immune system could fight Covid better.

To be fair I have taken "things" intended for animals as it is higher quality than any vitamin/supplement you will find on ANY store shelf. Everything your dog takes for example that comes from a Vet is tested and has to be of a certain standard. The stuff you buy in a store could be anything and is not regulated.
Old 03-04-2023, 01:14 PM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Man, I hate to break it to you, but emanations from right wing noise machine notwithstanding, it was morons advocating the use of horse dewormer. I couldn't find ivermectin paste for the longest time. And, even today, all dewormers, even those based on fenbendazole or pyrantel pamoate, are kept in a locked cabinet at my local farm store; a privilege previously only enjoyed by guns, ammo, and chainsaw chains.
Old 03-04-2023, 12:50 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Has the FDA approved bleach injections yet?
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 03-04-2023, 01:12 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
Has the FDA approved bleach injections yet?
No, but they did finally admit, just like every other virus, Bleach can kill it. It isnt some novel virus which is so new and different it cant be killed with bleach, or soap and warm water. In that effect, Just like the common cold.

Old 03-04-2023, 03:45 PM
Matt

Quote:
Ivermectin from Tractor Supply kicked my wife's case of pneumonia in the ass last winter when the other 2 drugs prescribed by doctors from local immediate care centers did absolutely nothing. Knocked it down in less than a week. She was happy, and we still get emails from TSC asking how our horse us doing, lol.
Old 03-04-2023, 04:34 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzoo View Post
Ivermectin from Tractor Supply kicked my wife's case of pneumonia in the ass last winter when the other 2 drugs prescribed by doctors from local immediate care centers did absolutely nothing. Knocked it down in less than a week. She was happy, and we still get emails from TSC asking how our horse us doing, lol.
Does she call you "Wilburrrrrrrr"?

Jokes aside.. dont believe what you know first hand to be true. Rely on people that say they have your best interest at heart.

We cant stop it, it's like fighting air. It can stay on surfaces for weeks, etc etc .

The US involvement has nothing to do with Burisma. That's conspiracy theory. P

Old 03-04-2023, 11:59 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeichel View Post
I think Russia has been preparing for this war for some time now. They were not prepared when the Neocons overthrew the Ukranian government and installed a pro-western government in 2014, but they have been preparing ever since.

The alliance with China against the American Empire has given them a partner that needs their resources, so even though we blew up their pipeline, they still can export energy into other markets.

At one time, it seemed like China would get integrated into the American Empire, but we were simply used for our technology and expertise to allow China to advance their society. Now they too are ready to go their own way.

We will be challenged to directly take on Russia in a war, but I think we have no shot in a two front war against Russia and China.
Many people thought the same thing during WW II when the U.S. took on a two front war with Germany and Japan. What is really interesting is that in that war, it was actually the U.S. that saved Russia and China. You can talk about how great Russia and their army was in defeating Hitler, but truth be known, were it not for the U.S. entering the fray and creating a second front for the Germans to have to fight on, I kind of think the German army, despite the issues and difficulties in dealing with Russian weather and the willingness of Russia's communist leaders to sacrifice the lives of their people to defend and protect themselves and their positions of power (sound familiar to events of today), would have eventually prevailed. And the Chinese were basically at the mercy of the Japanese, until again the U.S. became involved and eventually prevailed. And IIRC, after the end of the war, didn't Generals Patton and MacArthur both campaign to take their forces, fresh from defeating the Axis powers, and suggest being allowed to now turn their attention towards the Communist powers and dictatorships in both Russia and China, but in the interest of world peace, understanding, and cooperation, denied by the U.S. government? Funny how history has proven both of them to have been pretty much right on money.

Also, look at what happened to the main Axis powers that were defeated in WW II, and were then occupied by the victors (ie: the U.S). We eventually turned control back over to the Japanese and German people, helped them establish their more democratic forms of government, assisted in their reconstruction and growth, and then basically left them alone to let them become the countries they are today. The U.S. didn't stay in those countries, take control of their governments, coerce and manipulate their people with force, propaganda, militarized police, suppression of people's rights and freedoms, and deny them access and information from the rest of the world. Now look at China and Russia and how they operate in today's world, and how they claim territory in other countries and lands that are clearly not theirs, nor the people in those countries voluntarily wanting them to be in control. And then once they do gain some control, they use military force, covert operations, the denial of freedom of speech, the suppression of information from outside sources, and all kinds of "re-education" type of camps (ie: prisons) and other methods to retrain the populace to think only like powers in control want.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/news/world...itory-disputes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...20with%20Japan.

For all the BS some of these jackasses on here spew, just remember, you have the right and ability to argue with the rest of us who have to then listen to all your garbage, lies, and false crap. But at least we recognize and allow more than one side to speak their peace and say what they want here in our country. Are we perfect, HELL NO! But instead of complaining about us so much, why not take your crap over to one of these other countries you keep trying to defend, and live there if they are sooooo much better than us. Of course, God forbid that down the road someone in power in that other country does something you end up not agreeing with 100%. And then try to do/say the same kind of crap there that you can get away with here in this country, and I'd advise you to make sure the next time you take a trip anywhere else in that country that you refrain from asking for a penthouse or upper floor room to stay in. Would hate to see you take a walk out on a balcony and accidently slip and fall. Tsk tsk tsk!!!
Old 03-05-2023, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Many people thought the same thing during WW II when the U.S. took on a two front war with Germany and Japan. What is really interesting is that in that war, it was actually the U.S. that saved Russia and China. You can talk about how great Russia and their army was in defeating Hitler, but truth be known, were it not for the U.S. entering the fray and creating a second front for the Germans to have to fight on, I kind of think the German army, despite the issues and difficulties in dealing with Russian weather and the willingness of Russia's communist leaders to sacrifice the lives of their people to defend and protect themselves and their positions of power (sound familiar to events of today), would have eventually prevailed. And the Chinese were basically at the mercy of the Japanese, until again the U.S. became involved and eventually prevailed. And IIRC, after the end of the war, didn't Generals Patton and MacArthur both campaign to take their forces, fresh from defeating the Axis powers, and suggest being allowed to now turn their attention towards the Communist powers and dictatorships in both Russia and China, but in the interest of world peace, understanding, and cooperation, denied by the U.S. government? Funny how history has proven both of them to have been pretty much right on money.

Also, look at what happened to the main Axis powers that were defeated in WW II, and were then occupied by the victors (ie: the U.S). We eventually turned control back over to the Japanese and German people, helped them establish their more democratic forms of government, assisted in their reconstruction and growth, and then basically left them alone to let them become the countries they are today. The U.S. didn't stay in those countries, take control of their governments, coerce and manipulate their people with force, propaganda, militarized police, suppression of people's rights and freedoms, and deny them access and information from the rest of the world. Now look at China and Russia and how they operate in today's world, and how they claim territory in other countries and lands that are clearly not theirs, nor the people in those countries voluntarily wanting them to be in control. And then once they do gain some control, they use military force, covert operations, the denial of freedom of speech, the suppression of information from outside sources, and all kinds of "re-education" type of camps (ie: prisons) and other methods to retrain the populace to think only like powers in control want.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/news/world...itory-disputes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...20with%20Japan.

For all the BS some of these jackasses on here spew, just remember, you have the right and ability to argue with the rest of us who have to then listen to all your garbage, lies, and false crap. But at least we recognize and allow more than one side to speak their peace and say what they want here in our country. Are we perfect, HELL NO! But instead of complaining about us so much, why not take your crap over to one of these other countries you keep trying to defend, and live there if they are sooooo much better than us. Of course, God forbid that down the road someone in power in that other country does something you end up not agreeing with 100%. And then try to do/say the same kind of crap there that you can get away with here in this country, and I'd advise you to make sure the next time you take a trip anywhere else in that country that you refrain from asking for a penthouse or upper floor room to stay in. Would hate to see you take a walk out on a balcony and accidently slip and fall. Tsk tsk tsk!!!
Why shouldn't people criticize our government when it seems determined to get us into a war? I can't think of anything the US has done to deescalate the situation in Ukraine. Can you?

Did we learn nothing from the Neocons lying to us to get us into the wars in the Middle East?
Old 03-06-2023, 12:06 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeichel View Post
Why shouldn't people criticize our government when it seems determined to get us into a war? I can't think of anything the US has done to deescalate the situation in Ukraine. Can you?

Did we learn nothing from the Neocons lying to us to get us into the wars in the Middle East?
Yes, go ahead and criticize all you want. But if you hate it here so much, why don't you move to Russia? Then you can complain about everything over there as freely as you do here.

As for de-escalating the war, I can think of a lot the U.S. has done. The sanctions for example are a non-aggressive way to try to peaceably coerce another country into stopping their horrific actions of invading a neighboring country, bombing them and killing thousands of innocent men, women, and children, destroying their infrastructure, and then declaring that areas they occupy are now annexed by them and part of Russia now. We've sent resolutions and messages asking Russia to stop the killing and fighting, and to leave the Ukrainian people alone, and to vacate the land they illegally took from them. After the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991, the Ukranian people voted overwhelmingly to once again be separate and apart from Russia, and it was formally recognized by the rest of the world, and the U.N. Yet the Russian government refuses to believe that and declares that Ukraine is full of Nazis and is somehow setting its sights on attacking Russia. So, to defend themselves, Russia has to attack them first? I don't remember seeing, reading, or hearing anything, anywhere about Ukraine, or anyone else, talking about invading Russia for any reason at all. Also, if Ukraine was so full of and under the control of Nazis, as the Russians claim, how in the hell did a majority of them ever elect, or ever allow to be elected, a Jewish President? I'm still trying to figure that one out. The U.S. has also not formally entered the war (And it is a war, not that "special military operation" BS that Russia spews), nor has it ever threatened to send in troops, or even mentioned using nuclear weapons. Instead, the U.S. has asked Russia to stop the fighting and go back home and leave the Ukranian people alone. What else would you want them to do to de-escalate this war.........have the U.S. tell the rest of the world that Ukraine is now part of Russia and send U.S. troops to help Russia gain full control of the country as it wants? Or maybe quit sending ammunition and weapons to the Ukrainian people that they need to defend themselves so Russia can now quickly roll over them and take over the entire country, before moving on to the next eastern European country that was formerly illegally claimed by the Soviet Union to take them over as well, and then the next, and the next, and so on? And what makes you think Russia will ever stop? It has already been discovered that there are Russian plans to go and try taking over Moldova now, or is that all BS fake news as well? One of the funniest jokes on the planet, right up there with the Russian Foreign Minister getting laughed at by the G20 crowd just last week for daring to say that Russia was attacked first, is Russia declaring the Ukraine is full of Nazis so that Mother Russia has to de-Nazify it. What an effing joke! Russia's leaders should go looking in the mirror, as they are, and have been, doing exactly what Hitler did. Create a police/military force to control and punish anyone who disagreed with his policies, thinking, and aims. Declare sovereignty over areas of other countries, thereby giving Germany the right to invade and take them over, thereby liberating the German speaking people in those other countries. View and criminalize minorities and other marginalized groups as being harmful to the German people and way of thinking, using that to further solidify the people behind him and his actions. (Just thinking of how many times I've heard how many Russian people have derogatory racial terms they use and apply towards Ukranian people, look down on them, or how some have even talked about eliminating them and their children altogether.) My God, it's like someone gave the Russians a copy of Hitler's "Mein Kampf" after ripping the cover off and replacing it with a cover from Karl Marx's "Communist Manifesto", and that is what they're now going by. Russia is literally following and using the exact same playbook that Hitler used, including accusing others of being and doing exactly what they are first, so as to further continue to lie and justify their own actions and negate other's ability to accuse them of being what they really are. Russia's government is by and far the biggest "projector" I can think of currently on the face of the planet.

Projection - One kid punches his brother for no apparent reason and then promptly yells out, "Mom, he hit me!" Guess which brother is Russia?

Meanwhile, a better question would be to ask you exactly what the Russians have done to de-escalate this "special military operation"? They fired the first shots, they entered a neighboring country without provocation and/or ever being attacked or fired upon, and have killed, raped, and maimed thousands and thousands of innocent civilians, including children. They have taken thousands and thousands of Ukrainian citizens back to Russia to special Russian "education" camps, to help them assimilate back into Russian life and thinking (wonder how that has been going for all of them). They attacked and took over a nuclear plant, that through their idiocy and ineptitude, they have risked a large part of Europe with the fallout of another nuclear disaster. They have hired mercenary forces that are literally criminals, rapists, and murderers to fight, pillage, and plunder Ukraine for their benefit and gain. They have claimed to be defending and freeing Russian speaking people that lived in Ukraine and are Ukrainian citizens (which actually gives Russia no right at all to declare anything about anybody) and thus give them more reason to invade a neighboring country. If these so-called Russian speaking people were so disgusted with being in the Ukraine, why didn't they just move back over across the border to be in Mother Russia?

Gee, wouldn't that be the same thing if say Mexico said that there are a lot of Spanish speaking people in the U.S., and that they were being harassed and abused by Americans, and therefore they had every right to invade and attack Arizona, Texas, and other U.S. border states to defend and protect those Spanish speaking people? And then once they got across the border, following their initial unexpected attack and invasion, now quickly declared those sections they occupied as annexed and now formally part of Mexico. Oh, and that if the U.S. dared to counterattack to try to take any of these now annexed areas back, they would consider that as formally invading their country, and therefore they would be justified in firing nuclear weapons, or anything else that they may have, at the rest of the U.S. to defend themselves from a U.S. invasion. Sound at all familiar? Yet, it is pretty much the exact same thing that is being spewed by Russia in regard to Ukraine and their people.

So, what exactly have the Russians done to de-escalate this BS war that they, and they alone, started? Russia could easily de-escalate it in a heartbeat by ordering their troops to cease fire, and retreat from the Ukraine territory back across the actual, original Russian border. I can't wait to hear your brilliant answers in response. This should be fun, as I'm going to enjoy responding directly to each and every point you are going to try and make as to how the Russians did anything to de-escalate this war, and ripping them all to pieces for their idiocy.

And another relevant question for you. if another part of Russia's concern and reasoning for attacking Ukraine was because of some perceived expansion on the part of NATO and the EU, it seems Russia and its leaders are even dumber than we thought. Now you have both Sweden and Finland going for NATO membership, and doesn't Finland actually share a longer border with Russia than Ukraine does? So, I guess we should expect another Russian "special military operation" to be taking place in Finland soon as well, huh? Oh wait, that's right, the Finns are actually putting up walls/fences along their Russian border as I type this. To keep out more Russians from creeping into their country, so Russia can't later declare the Finnish people are abusing their Russian speaking brethren in Finland, and thus use that as another reason (excuse) to invade and attack Finland as well then.

The problem for Russia's leaders though is that they were too stupid to realize the Ukrainian people didn't want Russian rule, and that their underling yes men cronies all lied to them. They thought Ukraine had already been infiltrated by enough of their designated covert people, and that they had created enough conflict and turned enough Ukrainian people into Russian sympathizers so that when Russian troops did invade, they thought they would be met by mostly all these open-armed Russian sympathizers, all the way to Kyiv. My guess is that the underlings didn't dare to honestly tell their superiors that they couldn't just take what they wanted. But I think the Russians know better when it comes to Finland. In fact, if Russia did try the same stunt with the Finns, I could not only see them quickly stopping Russia's advances, but then turning the tables and heading right to Moscow to go after the Russian leaders and all their cronies.

And as for the Neocon lying BS, are you referring to the Gulf War of the '90's? If so, Iraq invaded Kuwait, and a coalition of 34 nations went in to stop Iraq and free Kuwait. The U.S. wasn't acting alone. Also, the world oil supply was likely deemed at risk, and created a bit more heightened interest than otherwise. It is also a fact that the U.S. has had a Mutual Defense Assistance Agreement in place to defend Saudi Arabia since 1951. I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. involvement back then also had something to do with honoring their agreement with the Saudis, since Kuwait also bordered Saudi Arabia, as did Saudi Arabia also border Iraq. Gee, there's a novel idea. A country honoring and fulfilling an agreement they have with another country. Just like the Russians who of course honor and fulfill all the agreements they've made in the past with other countries, like agreeing to the Ukraine's sovereignty and borders in return for the Ukraine giving up their nuclear arsenal and basically disarming themselves. Who would have ever thought the Russians would later use that to their advantage to later invade the Ukraine, not once, but twice now, in 2014 and again in 2022. However, I know and agree, the BS excuses about the U.S. fighting for freedom and democracy in other parts of the world is often nothing but a lot of BS. They tell the American people that when the true reasoning has more to do with business and trade, and the money involved from the natural resources and such in the countries involved. If the U.S. really was so altruistic as is often claimed, why haven't we gone over to a country like Somalia, and gotten rid of all the corrupt war lords and other gang leaders, and helped the Somali people out to get on their feet and set up their own truly free and self-governing, democratic nation? Why, because they don't have anything we really need or want, or can't more easily get elsewhere, and no big U.S. corporate investments or presence there to speak of and protect. But what exactly does any of that Gulf War crap have to do with Russia and Ukraine? Or are you going to argue that the U.S. somehow coerced Iraq into invading Kuwait, so there's the relevance?

Russia and its leaders have had over a year now to declare a ceasefire and stop this nonsense. So, tell me again how the Russians have done anything to de-escalate this war? Other than continue fighting, killing, raping, and plundering, making threat after threat, hiring and employing criminal mercenaries, and finally threatening not just Ukraine or the U.S., but literally the entire world, with a nuclear response. And then I think about how stupid and inept the Russians actually appear again, when I think back to how apparently in response to Russia's decision to cease participation in the New START nuclear arms agreement with the U.S., and possibly also in response/anticipation to Biden's visit to Kyiv and Zelensky, the Russians apparently planned a test of one of their new and most powerful ICBM nuclear weapons, and it failed to launch. Couldn't happen to a nicer country IMO! LOL

Last edited by BobC; 03-06-2023 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Yes, go ahead and criticize all you want. But if you hate it here so much, why don't you move to Russia? Then you can complain about everything over there as freely as you do here.

As for de-escalating the war, I can think of a lot the U.S. has done. The sanctions for example are a non-aggressive way to try to peaceably coerce another country into stopping their horrific actions of invading a neighboring country, bombing them and killing thousands of innocent men, women, and children, destroying their infrastructure, and then declaring that areas they occupy are now annexed by them and part of Russia now. We've sent resolutions and messages asking Russia to stop the killing and fighting, and to leave the Ukrainian people alone, and to vacate the land they illegally took from them. After the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991, the Ukranian people voted overwhelmingly to once again be separate and apart from Russia, and it was formally recognized by the rest of the world, and the U.N. Yet the Russian government refuses to believe that and declares that Ukraine is full of Nazis and is somehow setting its sights on attacking Russia. So, to defend themselves, Russia has to attack them first? I don't remember seeing, reading, or hearing anything, anywhere about Ukraine, or anyone else, talking about invading Russia for any reason at all. Also, if Ukraine was so full of and under the control of Nazis, as the Russians claim, how in the hell did a majority of them ever elect, or ever allow to be elected, a Jewish President? I'm still trying to figure that one out. The U.S. has also not formally entered the war (And it is a war, not that "special military operation" BS that Russia spews), nor has it ever threatened to send in troops, or even mentioned using nuclear weapons. Instead, the U.S. has asked Russia to stop the fighting and go back home and leave the Ukranian people alone. What else would you want them to do to de-escalate this war.........have the U.S. tell the rest of the world that Ukraine is now part of Russia and send U.S. troops to help Russia gain full control of the country as it wants? Or maybe quit sending ammunition and weapons to the Ukrainian people that they need to defend themselves so Russia can now quickly roll over them and take over the entire country, before moving on to the next eastern European country that was formerly illegally claimed by the Soviet Union to take them over as well, and then the next, and the next, and so on? And what makes you think Russia will ever stop? It has already been discovered that there are Russian plans to go and try taking over Moldova now, or is that all BS fake news as well? One of the funniest jokes on the planet, right up there with the Russian Foreign Minister getting laughed at by the G20 crowd just last week for daring to say that Russia was attacked first, is Russia declaring the Ukraine is full of Nazis so that Mother Russia has to de-Nazify it. What an effing joke! Russia's leaders should go looking in the mirror, as they are, and have been, doing exactly what Hitler did. Create a police/military force to control and punish anyone who disagreed with his policies, thinking, and aims. Declare sovereignty over areas of other countries, thereby giving Germany the right to invade and take them over, thereby liberating the German speaking people in those other countries. View and criminalize minorities and other marginalized groups as being harmful to the German people and way of thinking, using that to further solidify the people behind him and his actions. (Just thinking of how many times I've heard how many Russian people have derogatory racial terms they use and apply towards Ukranian people, look down on them, or how some have even talked about eliminating them and their children altogether.) My God, it's like someone gave the Russians a copy of Hitler's "Mein Kampf" after ripping the cover off and replacing it with a cover from Karl Marx's "Communist Manifesto", and that is what they're now going by. Russia is literally following and using the exact same playbook that Hitler used, including accusing others of being and doing exactly what they are first, so as to further continue to lie and justify their own actions and negate other's ability to accuse them of being what they really are. Russia's government is by and far the biggest "projector" I can think of currently on the face of the planet.

Projection - One kid punches his brother for no apparent reason and then promptly yells out, "Mom, he hit me!" Guess which brother is Russia?

Meanwhile, a better question would be to ask you exactly what the Russians have done to de-escalate this "special military operation"? They fired the first shots, they entered a neighboring country without provocation and/or ever being attacked or fired upon, and have killed, raped, and maimed thousands and thousands of innocent civilians, including children. They have taken thousands and thousands of Ukrainian citizens back to Russia to special Russian "education" camps, to help them assimilate back into Russian life and thinking (wonder how that has been going for all of them). They attacked and took over a nuclear plant, that through their idiocy and ineptitude, they have risked a large part of Europe with the fallout of another nuclear disaster. They have hired mercenary forces that are literally criminals, rapists, and murderers to fight, pillage, and plunder Ukraine for their benefit and gain. They have claimed to be defending and freeing Russian speaking people that lived in Ukraine and are Ukrainian citizens (which actually gives Russia no right at all to declare anything about anybody) and thus give them more reason to invade a neighboring country. If these so-called Russian speaking people were so disgusted with being in the Ukraine, why didn't they just move back over across the border to be in Mother Russia?

Gee, wouldn't that be the same thing if say Mexico said that there are a lot of Spanish speaking people in the U.S., and that they were being harassed and abused by Americans, and therefore they had every right to invade and attack Arizona, Texas, and other U.S. border states to defend and protect those Spanish speaking people? And then once they got across the border, following their initial unexpected attack and invasion, now quickly declared those sections they occupied as annexed and now formally part of Mexico. Oh, and that if the U.S. dared to counterattack to try to take any of these now annexed areas back, they would consider that as formally invading their country, and therefore they would be justified in firing nuclear weapons, or anything else that they may have, at the rest of the U.S. to defend themselves from a U.S. invasion. Sound at all familiar? Yet, it is pretty much the exact same thing that is being spewed by Russia in regard to Ukraine and their people.

So, what exactly have the Russians done to de-escalate this BS war that they, and they alone, started? Russia could easily de-escalate it in a heartbeat by ordering their troops to cease fire, and retreat from the Ukraine territory back across the actual, original Russian border. I can't wait to hear your brilliant answers in response. This should be fun, as I'm going to enjoy responding directly to each and every point you are going to try and make as to how the Russians did anything to de-escalate this war, and ripping them all to pieces for their idiocy.

And another relevant question for you. if another part of Russia's concern and reasoning for attacking Ukraine was because of some perceived expansion on the part of NATO and the EU, it seems Russia and its leaders are even dumber than we thought. Now you have both Sweden and Finland going for NATO membership, and doesn't Finland actually share a longer border with Russia than Ukraine does? So, I guess we should expect another Russian "special military operation" to be taking place in Finland soon as well, huh? Oh wait, that's right, the Finns are actually putting up walls/fences along their Russian border as I type this. To keep out more Russians from creeping into their country, so Russia can't later declare the Finnish people are abusing their Russian speaking brethren in Finland, and thus use that as another reason (excuse) to invade and attack Finland as well then.

The problem for Russia's leaders though is that they were too stupid to realize the Ukrainian people didn't want Russian rule, and that their underling yes men cronies all lied to them. They thought Ukraine had already been infiltrated by enough of their designated covert people, and that they had created enough conflict and turned enough Ukrainian people into Russian sympathizers so that when Russian troops did invade, they thought they would be met by mostly all these open-armed Russian sympathizers, all the way to Kyiv. My guess is that the underlings didn't dare to honestly tell their superiors that they couldn't just take what they wanted. But I think the Russians know better when it comes to Finland. In fact, if Russia did try the same stunt with the Finns, I could not only see them quickly stopping Russia's advances, but then turning the tables and heading right to Moscow to go after the Russian leaders and all their cronies.

And as for the Neocon lying BS, are you referring to the Gulf War of the '90's? If so, Iraq invaded Kuwait, and a coalition of 34 nations went in to stop Iraq and free Kuwait. The U.S. wasn't acting alone. Also, the world oil supply was likely deemed at risk, and created a bit more heightened interest than otherwise. It is also a fact that the U.S. has had a Mutual Defense Assistance Agreement in place to defend Saudi Arabia since 1951. I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. involvement back then also had something to do with honoring their agreement with the Saudis, since Kuwait also bordered Saudi Arabia, as did Saudi Arabia also border Iraq. Gee, there's a novel idea. A country honoring and fulfilling an agreement they have with another country. Just like the Russians who of course honor and fulfill all the agreements they've made in the past with other countries, like agreeing to the Ukraine's sovereignty and borders in return for the Ukraine giving up their nuclear arsenal and basically disarming themselves. Who would have ever thought the Russians would later use that to their advantage to later invade the Ukraine, not once, but twice now, in 2014 and again in 2022. However, I know and agree, the BS excuses about the U.S. fighting for freedom and democracy in other parts of the world is often nothing but a lot of BS. They tell the American people that when the true reasoning has more to do with business and trade, and the money involved from the natural resources and such in the countries involved. If the U.S. really was so altruistic as is often claimed, why haven't we gone over to a country like Somalia, and gotten rid of all the corrupt war lords and other gang leaders, and helped the Somali people out to get on their feet and set up their own truly free and self-governing, democratic nation? Why, because they don't have anything we really need or want, or can't more easily get elsewhere, and no big U.S. corporate investments or presence there to speak of and protect. But what exactly does any of that Gulf War crap have to do with Russia and Ukraine? Or are you going to argue that the U.S. somehow coerced Iraq into invading Kuwait, so there's the relevance?

Russia and its leaders have had over a year now to declare a ceasefire and stop this nonsense. So, tell me again how the Russians have done anything to de-escalate this war? Other than continue fighting, killing, raping, and plundering, making threat after threat, hiring and employing criminal mercenaries, and finally threatening not just Ukraine or the U.S., but literally the entire world, with a nuclear response. And then I think about how stupid and inept the Russians actually appear again, when I think back to how apparently in response to Russia's decision to cease participation in the New START nuclear arms agreement with the U.S., and possibly also in response/anticipation to Biden's visit to Kyiv and Zelensky, the Russians apparently planned a test of one of their new and most powerful ICBM nuclear weapons, and it failed to launch. Couldn't happen to a nicer country IMO! LOL
After reading that you consider sanctions deescalation, I stopped reading your essay. It’s not to the level of blowing up a pipeline, supplying billions in weapons or providing military logistic support, but sanctions are meant to punish an adversary economically not deescalate a conflict.
Old 03-03-2023, 07:56 PM
Ben North

Quote:

^^THIS^^ is just propaganda. Go get the real news on tic tac, tweeker, or the farcebook. Ukraine invaded Russia and we need to donate $10 a month to the poor Russians for food.