NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-23-2022, 10:08 PM
Howard Chasser

Default I'm interested!

Sounds like an awesome idea!

1. How far would you drive/travel to attend? - 6hrs

2. Andrew and I live near DC, so it will be in that area. Is there a preference on Northern, VA (Tysons corner) vs somewhere around I495 in Maryland? Whichever is closer to NY

3. Are you more or less likely to attend if we did it the weekend of one of the Chantilly shows? If so, would you be more likely to attend after the show closes or during the day while the show is going on). Chantilly is a 3 day event

Less likely - unless the event was held very close to the Dulles center - I do the show and wouldn't want to start driving far any nights of the show.

Alternatively - is there a time of year that is better than others if not done the same weekend as a Chantilly show?

I think Andrew is on point with Jan-Feb (though there is a Cranston RI show Feb 4-5)

4. Any preference for a smaller hotel conference room, restaurant, or private office (the preference is to use a smaller hotel conference room) Conference room works

5. Would your decision to attend be impacted if there was a nominal door charge ($5-$10)? No. $5-$10 is more than reasonable.

6. Would you prefer the focus stay on prewar, or just baseball, or open it up to a more broad range of collectors? Note- I am pretty sure that anything after 1979 will be strictly outlawed and YouTubing will be grounds for dismissal. I don't have an opinion on this one outside of agreeing with your 1979 cutoff.

At this point we are in the “investigation phase”. I will update this thread if/when decisions are made.

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.
Old 10-24-2022, 08:17 AM
Drew W@i$e

1. How far would you drive/travel to attend? I live around Baltimore, so 2 hours ish

2. Andrew and I live near DC, so it will be in that area. Is there a preference on Northern, VA (Tysons corner) vs somewhere around I495 in Maryland? Both are fine

3. Are you more or less likely to attend if we did it the weekend of one of the Chantilly shows? If so, would you be more likely to attend after the show closes or during the day while the show is going on). Chantilly is a 3 day event No preference

Alternatively - is there a time of year that is better than others if not done the same weekend as a Chantilly show?

4. Any preference for a smaller hotel conference room, restaurant, or private office (the preference is to use a smaller hotel conference room) No preference

5. Would your decision to attend be impacted if there was a nominal door charge ($5-$10)? No preference

6. Would you prefer the focus stay on prewar, or just baseball, or open it up to a more broad range of collectors? Note- I am pretty sure that anything after 1979 will be strictly outlawed and YouTubing will be grounds for dismissal. Pre 1980. I have a large collection of prewar non sports, so would like that to be an option

At this point we are in the “investigation phase”. I will update this thread if/when decisions are made.

Thanks
Old 10-24-2022, 09:01 AM

Default meet up

I live on Long Island NY but my daughter lives in Alexandria so it would really be fun to meet some of the Net 54 vintage guys. I would bring early NYAL cards, photos, autogs.

PreWar NYAL cards, photos, etc.
WantList: Mendelsohns Marsans; Rose 760PC Niles; Koester Mitchell; Koester Ferguson;1924 Diaz Roettger
Successful deals with 60+ board members
Old 10-24-2022, 09:49 AM
Jim Parker

Hi, Neat idea.

I travel to vacation home in myrtle beach regularly, so somewhere on the way would be nice...would prefer further in southeast, so if others are curious for a winter or spring break timeframe please advise.

If there was interest in doing it in myrtle, i have access to a meeting room in my neighborhood.

Personally, i'd mainly be t206 only, but would love seeing others.

- feb thru early april is best timeframes.
- conf room or hotel is great and don't mind chipping in for fees.
- pre80 is good cutoff too.
Old 10-24-2022, 11:08 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Trade nights are great. One of the LA collectors did one here pre-COVID and it was a lot of fun. I didn't actually do any trading but had a nice time. If you are doing it and anyone here is local, I highly recommend it even if you don't have any trade fodder.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 10-24-2022, 02:18 PM
Jeff P

First, Ryan, thank you so much for even considering setting something like this up again!

1. How far would you drive/travel to attend? 1 hour in any direction

2. Andrew and I live near DC, so it will be in that area. Is there a preference on Northern, VA (Tysons corner) vs somewhere around I495 in Maryland? Since I'm in Northern VA, I'd clearly prefer NOVA but will go anywhere this event is held within 1 hour

3. Are you more or less likely to attend if we did it the weekend of one of the Chantilly shows? If so, would you be more likely to attend after the show closes or during the day while the show is going on). Chantilly is a 3 day event For me it really depends on the weekend, LOL. I'm 30 minutes from Chantilly so there's no reason to prefer it be at the same time

Alternatively - is there a time of year that is better than others if not done the same weekend as a Chantilly show? Not really. Weekend dependent

4. Any preference for a smaller hotel conference room, restaurant, or private office (the preference is to use a smaller hotel conference room) Private office or Hotel. Not a restaurant if possible

5. Would your decision to attend be impacted if there was a nominal door charge ($5-$10)? Nope as long as the costs are going toward the costs of the event

6. Would you prefer the focus stay on prewar, or just baseball, or open it up to a more broad range of collectors? Note- I am pretty sure that anything after 1979 will be strictly outlawed and YouTubing will be grounds for dismissal. I'm a football guy. Would probably come regardless as I appreciate cards from all sports but having a few other football guys would be nice. I can help wrangle them in if you want as well

Last edited by jefferyepayne; 10-24-2022 at 02:19 PM.