NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-02-2021, 06:50 AM
pete ullman

I propose a virtual national...where bitcoin is the only currency accepted!
Old 04-02-2021, 06:59 AM
Wimberleycardcollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I worry that if it’s moved to a state like Texas or Florida with no restrictions at all that it could be a super spreader event. Sports cards are hotter right now than they may ever have been and the crowd could be huge. Covid is still here but too many people are acting like this is over already. My wife had to postpone a medical procedure because one of her coworkers tested positive last week. I had to postpone looking at a huge baseball card collection because the guy called me today and told me his wife has Covid. I feel like we’re spiking the ball at the one yard line. Crossing my fingers though that people continue to be vaccinated and the show can go on as scheduled in Chicago.
People still jumping to conclusions and watching too much sheeple news. Texas has restrictions and we're not acting like it's over. Just don't have state mandated restrictions which means the state isn't enforcing it the counties and cities are. It was pretty much that way from the beginning anyway. The state never really enforced anything. It just covered their butts in case lawsuits came up. Everyone here in Texas, or the majority, are still following protocols and the businesses still have signage requiring masks, social distancing, etc. The news makes it sound like we're all running around spitting on each other. Geez. The show can also follow protocols and require dealers and attendees to follow them. I just attended a huge toy show in Atlanta over a week ago and it went fine. Everyone followed the rules and it wasn't a super spreader. The Super bowl parties were supposed to be also but that never happened. Too much panic being spread by misinformation and predictions which have mostly been all wrong. I got COVID even though I followed protocols to an extreme being a type 1 diabetic and having a very compromised immune system also. Got it a week after my first vaccine. Even with my bad health history it was like having a bad flu. I've lost a couple of friends to it but mostly because they were really sick already or didn't seek any help when they got it. You can't believe everything you read, see on TV and the internet about this stuff. I live here so I'm pretty knowledgeable about the situation in Texas. Can't speak to Florida. I can say I have attended several major shows and cons throughout the country this year and last with no issues. Caught it right here in our little town.

Last edited by Wimberleycardcollector; 04-02-2021 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:26 AM
Josh Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateNYmilb View Post
Ray Schulte was on Sports Card Nation podcast last Friday. He said there are no discussions to move it. Its just not that simple.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...wNTY3NTg?ep=14

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Jim, this was a very informative episode. Glad you posted it. everyone should listen. it answers alot of the questions posited in this thread.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:55 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I propose a virtual national...where bitcoin is the only currency accepted!
And non fungible tokens are for sale at every table.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:58 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
And non fungible tokens are for sale at every table.
yes...nft's of my cards that are for sale...in limited quantity of course!
Old 04-02-2021, 10:07 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRoberts View Post
I come here to get away from profanity, so please cool it.
I don't believe there's a rule about profanity. There is, however, a rule about politics.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 04-02-2021, 10:13 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Unfortunately Politics are why the National Will Most Likely Be Cancelled or Delayed in the State Of Illinois.....that’s just the reality of the situation.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:20 AM
Scott Russell

Lots of things happen, even in our hobby, due to politics. People insulting each other here doesn't change that, nor add to any important discussion nor make any changes to the situation. It's just meaningless schoolyard crap that adults should be able to resist the temptation of joining. You want to make a change? Do it somewhere that might make a difference, not a sports card forum.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 04-02-2021 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:38 AM
Bill Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
I don't believe there's a rule about profanity. There is, however, a rule about politics.
Congrats. You've made yet another post with wrong information.

Don't you have some missing images to post?
Old 04-02-2021, 10:42 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRoberts View Post
Congrats. You've made yet another post with wrong information.

Don't you have some missing images to post?
Things you may not post:
Personal information including but not limited to: Phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, etc… should not be posted, unless given permission by the person whose information you are posting. Personal emails and/or correspondence should not be posted on the board, except with approval from the moderator and only under extraordinary circumstances. Bickering between members is expected. The moderators will not interfere unless it becomes too callous, in their discretion. Personal attacks are not allowed while keeping the aforementioned in mind. Politics and religion are not to be discussed. Members should not "hijack" threads of other members, as this does a disservice to those interested in that particular subject matter. It is especially discourteous to the original poster (OP) of that thread.

Old 04-02-2021, 11:02 AM
Mark Arzoumanian

Default Some COVID Current Facts in Illinois

Here are some facts from today's Chicago Sun-Times:

"Illinois’ COVID-19 uptick took another jump Wednesday as Chicago’s “quantum leap” in cases raised more concerns of a potential third surge of the virus, officials said.

Another 2,592 residents across the state were diagnosed with the virus among 77,727 tests, which lowered Illinois’ average positivity rate to 3.3%, according to the Illinois Department of Public Health.

But that key metric has shot up 57% overall in under three weeks, while COVID-19 hospitalizations have jumped 24% over the same time frame. More than 1,400 beds were occupied by coronavirus patients Tuesday night, the most the state’s hospitals have treated since Feb. 24.

Gov. J.B. Pritzker and Mayor Lori Lightfoot agree the uptick has halted any talk of further reopening — but they’re still far apart on when all adults should be eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine dose."

I live in Illinois. The governor is a strict "follow the data" person. I want the National to happen BUT this is not good news.

Peace and stay healthy.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:37 AM
Ben
ben tay/lor

We definitely want the show here, but we want to do it safely. In the end, Pritzker and Ngozi Ezike are going to make the call and it's going to be based on scientific data.

But punishing Rosemont in the future by never having the convention there again, over a temporary policy wholly out of its control? Get real.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:49 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Lots of things happen, even in our hobby, due to politics. People insulting each other here doesn't change that, nor add to any important discussion nor make any changes to the situation. It's just meaningless schoolyard crap that adults should be able to resist the temptation of joining. You want to make a change? Do it somewhere that might make a difference, not a sports card forum.
Oh yeah! Meet me in the parking lot

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:52 PM
Scott Russell

Thanks Frank, I needed the laugh.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:02 PM
Bill Roberts

Lol.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:13 PM

Default Move it

The organizers should move it to an open state like florida. If they don’t they shouldn’t be in charge anymore. Delaying the convention is not an option. Covid is here for the foreseeable future and will only cycle back up past august as the weather turns cooler again.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:18 PM

Have you ever moved a convention booked years in advance in 3 months? I don't think you'd be successful even in the best of times.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:20 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Let's Face it, It's not happening this year.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:59 PM
T0m P00n

Here's the official word from the NSCC:

https://nsccshow.com/convention-news...ate_april_2021

We’ve been hearing some rumors about the upcoming Chicago National. So we want to put your minds at ease. We are continuing to plan for the event scheduled for July 28- August 1 at the Donald E Stephens Convention Center and maintaining contact with the proper state and local authorities. If we need to make any changes to the event, they will be announced here and on our social media sites. Tickets are currently on sale for the 41st National on our web site at www.NSCCShow.com
1. We are not planning to move this year’s event to Texas or Florida
2. We are not planning to require proof of vaccination to attend.
3. We will announce autograph guests as they are confirmed by TriStar.
4. We will adhere to the guidelines provided by the State of Illinois and the City of Rosemont
5. If the event is postponed or rescheduled, you will have the opportunity to ask for a refund on tickets purchased or roll over the ticket purchase to the rescheduled event.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:05 PM
Jim T.
Ji.m Tar.olli

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagewhitesox View Post
Jim, this was a very informative episode. Glad you posted it. everyone should listen. it answers alot of the questions posited in this thread.
Yes, John Newman, who hosts that Podcast does a great job. I listen every week

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2021, 02:42 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

If everyone has to wear a mask, I know how the show could save a heckuva lot of money. They should just hire people from a temp agency (with a passing resemblance) to 'be' the Hall of Famers signing autographs. Can't see their faces? No problem. "That's Reggie Jackson and Johnny Bench at those tables. And allow me to direct you to the ticket window..."

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2021, 03:10 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
If everyone has to wear a mask, I know how the show could save a heckuva lot of money. They should just hire people from a temp agency (with a passing resemblance) to 'be' the Hall of Famers signing autographs. Can't see their faces? No problem. "That's Reggie Jackson and Johnny Bench at those tables. And allow me to direct you to the ticket window..."
I thought that was the Coaches Corner model?
Old 04-02-2021, 03:29 PM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
As far as moving it goes, the RNC was moved from North Carolina to Florida less than 3 months out from the convention date. We are 4 months out from the National, and the RNC is much bigger and there were fewer options available last year.
As someone who lives in Jacksonville and is familiar with the scramble that went on regarding the RNC - that was a F-ing disaster.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 04-02-2021, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
I thought that was the Coaches Corner model?
They would be telling you it is Babe Ruth and Shoeless Joe Jackson signing autographs.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:42 PM
Tony Gordon

As an Illinois resident, living and working not far from Rosemont, I was initially skeptical the National could happen. However, some recent events have given me hope. First of all, the Cubs allowed 10,000 fans in Wrigley Field yesterday. I read they plan to allow even more as the season progresses. Also, the Chicago area's main regular card show, the one in the south suburb of Orland Park, is scheduled to come back on April 18. The show has been shut down since February of 2020. My booth at the National is bought and paid for. I'm looking forward to it. I'm also setting up in Orland on April 18 and can't wait! Maybe things are finally opening up here.
Old 04-02-2021, 05:07 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Will be nice when life returns to normal. Or substantially normal. We’ve all been cooped up too long. Maybe when we all hit the beach and the lake PSA will be able to dig out from their 27 million card backlog.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:55 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Be careful what you wish for...

Went Tried to go to a card show today here in Northern California. These types of (relatively small) shows are generally pretty well attended, but nothing too crazy. But today, due to the pandemic, it was an absolute nightmare. We arrived at about 9:30 for a 9 to 4 show at The Marriott. Pulling into the hotel, we saw there wasn't a single parking spot available, so we drove around in continuous loops waiting for something to suddenly open up. One finally did. Woo frickin' hoo! Approaching the entrance, we saw a line the likes of which I have never seen at one of these card shows before, with hundreds and hundreds of people snaking around the side of the venue, bending into every possible nook between dumpsters and construction trucks and whatever else. I talked to the guy at the door to see what was going on, perhaps there was a player signing autographs or something?? Nope, just a regular show. Owing to the current state of affairs, only 200 people (including the vendors) were allowed in at a time. My response to him was a simple, "This isn't like a supermarket where you go in, grab your stuff and leave. People looking at cards STAY and look at cards, usually for a whole bunch of hours." He replied, "Yup, I know," and told me the wait to get in would be at least two hours. Saying screw it, I joined the throngs of people on line to see if the wait time wasn't overestimated (knowing full well it was UNDERestimated). I kept staring at the people in the far distance near the beginning of the line, and decided to focus on a fellah I dubbed 'Barney Blue Jacket' (although his name was probably Mike or Bob or something). After 45 minutes, 'Barney Blue' was in the exact same spot. The line in front of me moved a bunch of times, but it was just a false positive with people scrunching up closer and closer together while the actual number of people between me and the mirage known as the door hadn't changed one bit. Nobody left the show, so no one 'new' was allowed inside. And again, there were hundreds of people in front of me. It would be countless hours before my number was called (and everything I would've hoped to buy would've already been snatched up regardless of the ridiculous pricing) and realized my only option was to bail. We left and went to eat, hit a dollar store and then Walmart, and eventually headed back to The Marriott. The line looked exactly the same (didn't even bother looking for 'B.B. Jacket' this time), so we ventured out again to check out the environs of Travis Air Force Base and walk around town a bit. By now it's closing in on 1PM and we once again headed back to the show...so take a wild guess what the situation was. The line hadn't moved at all, so home I went.

Long, boring story for nothing except to vent, but I can only imagine what kind of f_ckfest a large show will be if the same protocols are in place. Yowza.

P.S. Think I'll search for good ole 'Barn' on Facebook.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2021, 05:07 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Next time walk through the back door confidently dressed in PPE with some gadget that beeps, stop at every table and inspect every card.
_
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PPE.jpg (8.2 KB, 749 views)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 04-25-2021, 12:42 AM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Washington state where I live is pretty hardcore. We had a Twin Oaks show here in Auburn, Wa today and happy to report it went off without a hitch. In fact, they moved it to a 2 day event and will be on for tomorrow. It was freakin' packed...very nice to see. Picked up some nice cards...great show.

Here is to hoping the National can go as planned...if so, I plan on working in the area to take advantage and attend...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03
Old 04-25-2021, 05:16 AM
Andy Wa.lko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Gordon View Post
As an Illinois resident, living and working not far from Rosemont, I was initially skeptical the National could happen. However, some recent events have given me hope. First of all, the Cubs allowed 10,000 fans in Wrigley Field yesterday. I read they plan to allow even more as the season progresses.
That's outdoors though... kinda apples and oranges.
Old 04-25-2021, 06:08 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
Washington state where I live is pretty hardcore. We had a Twin Oaks show here in Auburn, Wa today and happy to report it went off without a hitch. In fact, they moved it to a 2 day event and will be on for tomorrow. It was freakin' packed...very nice to see. Picked up some nice cards...great show.

Here is to hoping the National can go as planned...if so, I plan on working in the area to take advantage and attend...
Same here in my area (VA/MD/PA). Have gone to a couple of small shows since Feb and while there was a line at a few, it moved and went off without a hitch. I think it depends on where you live, how restrictive things have been during the past 12 months (ie. state by state mandates), and how popular shows are in your area.

The key to how well the Natty will go and show traffic will flow is gonna be what the gathering restriction is at that point in IL. If it's less than 'wide open', there will probably be show traffic jams unless the show promoters govern ticket sales accordingly.

jeff
Old 04-25-2021, 07:34 AM
Chris Counts

I'm so glad I decided not to go. I was planning to, but my second Covid shot knocked me out of commission. That, plus four hours of traffic for the round trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Be careful what you wish for...

Went Tried to go to a card show today here in Northern California. These types of (relatively small) shows are generally pretty well attended, but nothing too crazy. But today, due to the pandemic, it was an absolute nightmare. We arrived at about 9:30 for a 9 to 4 show at The Marriott. Pulling into the hotel, we saw there wasn't a single parking spot available, so we drove around in continuous loops waiting for something to suddenly open up. One finally did. Woo frickin' hoo! Approaching the entrance, we saw a line the likes of which I have never seen at one of these card shows before, with hundreds and hundreds of people snaking around the side of the venue, bending into every possible nook between dumpsters and construction trucks and whatever else. I talked to the guy at the door to see what was going on, perhaps there was a player signing autographs or something?? Nope, just a regular show. Owing to the current state of affairs, only 200 people (including the vendors) were allowed in at a time. My response to him was a simple, "This isn't like a supermarket where you go in, grab your stuff and leave. People looking at cards STAY and look at cards, usually for a whole bunch of hours." He replied, "Yup, I know," and told me the wait to get in would be at least two hours. Saying screw it, I joined the throngs of people on line to see if the wait time wasn't overestimated (knowing full well it was UNDERestimated). I kept staring at the people in the far distance near the beginning of the line, and decided to focus on a fellah I dubbed 'Barney Blue Jacket' (although his name was probably Mike or Bob or something). After 45 minutes, 'Barney Blue' was in the exact same spot. The line in front of me moved a bunch of times, but it was just a false positive with people scrunching up closer and closer together while the actual number of people between me and the mirage known as the door hadn't changed one bit. Nobody left the show, so no one 'new' was allowed inside. And again, there were hundreds of people in front of me. It would be countless hours before my number was called (and everything I would've hoped to buy would've already been snatched up regardless of the ridiculous pricing) and realized my only option was to bail. We left and went to eat, hit a dollar store and then Walmart, and eventually headed back to The Marriott. The line looked exactly the same (didn't even bother looking for 'B.B. Jacket' this time), so we ventured out again to check out the environs of Travis Air Force Base and walk around town a bit. By now it's closing in on 1PM and we once again headed back to the show...so take a wild guess what the situation was. The line hadn't moved at all, so home I went.

Long, boring story for nothing except to vent, but I can only imagine what kind of f_ckfest a large show will be if the same protocols are in place. Yowza.

P.S. Think I'll search for good ole 'Barn' on Facebook.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:40 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

[QUOTE=JollyElm;2096308]Be careful what you wish for...

For the few small shows in NJ/NY area that came off recently it was the same experience. Long, overcrowded lines that didn't move. People with "early arrival" passes getting screwed also because occupancy limits included dealer personnel not being able to get inside. Wait times in excess of 2 hours plus to approach the door.

That said there is no way the national will be allowed to let 30-50k people in an enclosed venue to mill around without following 6 foot spacing and masking protocols. Wait times to get in will be very lengthy unless time limits are put on people inside of say an hour or two at a time to rotate people through the show. Thus people will have travelled many miles, paid for a hotel room and tickets, food and beverage and see nothing. Because as mentioned above collectors are browsers and will hang around.

If the weather is nice - Soldier field? Under giant tents and out doors less restrictive since there has been no scientific proof of outdoor transmission.
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.

Last edited by chalupacollects; 04-25-2021 at 08:40 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-26-2021, 11:47 AM
Brad

If a vaccination is required then why would occupancy limits be in place???

My site: http://www.freewebs.com/gnep31/

Successful trades/transactions: Mountaineer1999, BlueDevel89, ezez420, Shorttmail66, Northviewcats, Mintacular, Elberson, NATCARD, Oneofthree67, Leerob538, shammus, Hawkfan70, 39special, scmavl, jimtigers65, rocuan
Old 04-26-2021, 11:51 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnep31 View Post
If a vaccination is required then why would occupancy limits be in place???
you DO know the vaccine isn't 100% effective?
Old 04-26-2021, 12:10 PM
J Stone

Quote:
No, but the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have been shown to be remarkably effective against a vaccinated person getting infected and even more so prevent death.

I work in an environment in which there was a really bad outbreak. After a program of shutdown, testing, isolating positives, vaccinations (mostly P&M), temperature checks on entry to the grouds, mandated masking and constant testing since re-opening there have been ZERO positives since Dec 26 among employees or family.

Perhaps card show promoters can move to some kind of timed entry system (sell tickets for 2 hour blocks or something) to mitigate the lines. Otherwise I could see some enterprising folks selling out of their trunks in the parking lots!

As with my work, it was always a process. As the Marines say, "improvise, adapt, overcome". We have to work closely with the County Health Dept and despite the red tape, we've been able to stay in business and keep everyone safe at the same time.
Old 04-26-2021, 12:21 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

Quote:
Neither are masks or social distancing. Ultimately if you go to a show you are saying I know I am at risk and possibly putting others at risk. Attend at your own discretion and to each his own. At this point I doubt many people attending any events or shows are uneducated about the risk involved. I've been going to toy shows all over the country for over a year now and finally caught the virus right here in my little town of 3000 people. I practiced all the protocols religiously since I have a compromised immune system but still caught it. You can't run from it and because the vaccine isn't 100% effective eventually everyone will have had or will have it unless you haven't left your house for two years. Not everyone is getting the vaccine either. I know one person that hasn't left the house but six times the entire last year.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:20 PM

I think that sentiment has a fatal flaw though. The issue with this virus is that it can be transmitted to people who haven't assume the risk. That's the danger of it. You are welcome of course to have your own stance on behaviors but ultimately your behavior can affect other people's health who haven't assumed the same risks.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:35 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I think that sentiment has a fatal flaw though. The issue with this virus is that it can be transmitted to people who haven't assume the risk. That's the danger of it. You are welcome of course to have your own stance on behaviors but ultimately your behavior can affect other people's health who haven't assumed the same risks.
So practice a rule of, oh, I don't know, do unto others as you would have them do unto you? Maybe with a dash of love thy neighbor as thyself? Hmm...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 04-26-2021 at 01:36 PM.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:38 PM

My general rule during the pandemic has been to behave in a way that makes other people around me feel safe and not necessarily act on what I personally consider to be ok for myself.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:27 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
So practice a rule of, oh, I don't know, do unto others as you would have them do unto you? Maybe with a dash of love thy neighbor as thyself? Hmm...
That's old school my friend. If the pandemic has shown me anything it is that there is a significant # of docs and nurses and first responders who are wonderful human beings putting themselves on the line to care for others, and a larger -- much larger -- portion of the population that are 100% selfish pricks who don't give a shit about anyone and think the world revolves around whatever their particular views and desires are.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-26-2021 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:31 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

If you both read my post carefully you would see I said OR put others at risk. I also said I practiced protocol religiously. I didn't say I was or am running around like the so called pricks you mentioned. I unfortunately don't have control over what other people choose to do. I've had both shots of the vaccine and COVID and I STILL practice protocol everywhere I go. Nuff said.

Last edited by Wimberleycardcollector; 04-26-2021 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:38 PM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
We are never going to a card show, concert, amusement park etc again if that is what it takes for these events to happen.

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 04-26-2021, 02:44 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

My point was no matter what you can still get it. Vaccine, no vaccine, having had COVID already, staying at home, practicing protocol to a T, etc. With that said people have to make their own decisions of what to go do. On the other hand the world can't come to a halt waiting for this to go away. It may never go away completely. I wasn't telling people what to do or even suggesting what people should do. Also didn't say I was a super spreader as people jumped to that conclusion. LOL.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:50 PM
Wimberleycardcollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-illini View Post
We are never going to a card show, concert, amusement park etc again if that is what it takes for these events to happen.
I know several healthcare workers and first responders who haven't and won't get the vaccine. It's not just selfish pricks. Some people are scared and for good reason. Risks are low but they are there. If we wait until everyone is vaccinated nothing will ever happen. Events can and should go on with protocols and people can make their own decisions. If you don't want to go don't go. Simple.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:12 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
a larger -- much larger -- portion of the population that are 100% selfish pricks who don't give a shit about anyone and think the world revolves around whatever their particular views and desires are.
Lucky for me or I'd not have a business.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 04-26-2021, 05:16 PM
Scott Russell

The idea of "The greater good" is endangered to say the very least.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:15 AM
Brad

Quote:
I do...sorry the sarcasm in my message didn't come through

Even if I ever do get the shot I wouldn't go to the National just for the fact they are requiring proof.

I saw a meme about a week ago that went something like this...

How many times have you heard someone say they did their research before choosing one of the vaccines?

Unfortunately, what they don't realize, is they are the research.

My site: http://www.freewebs.com/gnep31/

Successful trades/transactions: Mountaineer1999, BlueDevel89, ezez420, Shorttmail66, Northviewcats, Mintacular, Elberson, NATCARD, Oneofthree67, Leerob538, shammus, Hawkfan70, 39special, scmavl, jimtigers65, rocuan
Old 04-27-2021, 08:54 AM
pete ullman

That's fine...and that's your prerogative. I have a friend or two with your mindset.

I don't think this is anything new, either. Historically whenever a new virus/pandemic happens there are always skeptics.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:58 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnep31 View Post
I do...sorry the sarcasm in my message didn't come through

Even if I ever do get the shot I wouldn't go to the National just for the fact they are requiring proof.

I saw a meme about a week ago that went something like this...

How many times have you heard someone say they did their research before choosing one of the vaccines?

Unfortunately, what they don't realize, is they are the research.
One bit of misinformation: The NSCC has specifically noted they are NOT requiring vaccines. This is from an NSCC Facebook post.

1. We are not planning to move this year’s event to Texas or Florida
2. We are not planning to require proof of vaccination to attend.
3. We will announce autograph guests as they are confirmed by TriStar.
4. We will adhere to the guidelines provided by the State of Illinois and the City of Rosemont

Regards
Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 04-27-2021 at 08:58 AM.