NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-13-2020, 08:07 AM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer77 View Post
I am also waiting for an August sub and I determined that it will be my last with SGC after using exclusively for the past 17 years. With their recent price increase and longer wait times not to mention their lack of communication and horrible website that never changes, I just figure it is time to switch to PSA
I sent a stack of cards into SGC 2 weeks ago, had a bunch of questions around insurance, shipping, etc... they were incredibly responsive and helpful via email.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236
Old 12-13-2020, 08:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I will most likely never send another submission to SGC. Besides their black inserts there is no reason. I believe they have lost any competitive advantage they used to have.
Old 12-15-2020, 08:52 AM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I will most likely never send another submission to SGC. Besides their black inserts there is no reason. I believe they have lost any competitive advantage they used to have.
Agreed and when they want $20 per card just to put a silk inside a plastic bag to place inside of the slab, that is nothing short of being greedy. Definitely my last sub to SGC. And their wait time is rediculous as I knew the August submission would all be authentic as they were missing backs. They could have slabbed them pu5t A on the label and had them back in 3 weeks. Shamefully bad service on SGC’s part
Old 01-12-2021, 11:38 AM

The answer is no....6 weeks in post grading with a continuously moving goalpost. Overpromising and underdelivering, cheers to 2021.
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:51 AM
Robert Williams

You have the have the patience of Job in dealing with these guys right about now.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:58 AM
Jim B.

My order for 10 cards was received at SGC on Sept 21 and it said 52-57 days. Today(1/12) it finally changed from RECEIVED to POST GRADING STATUS and I noticed that turnaround time was changed to 65-70 days.

On another note, when I submitted 2 pricey cards back in November at the $100 service level, they were graded in 2 days and I had them back within a week.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
You have the have the patience of Job in dealing with these guys right about now.
Without a doubt. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I can understand why grading the cards itself is a bottleneck. Encapsulating, packaging and shipping should be something that can be scaled. To have two major bottlenecks in the process just doesn't make sense. 1 sure, understandable no one could have predicted the volume. The other thing I'm not understanding is their order fulfillment system. (Mostly modern it seems) versus tobacco (which I submitted). Issue getting the slabs? Too many questions.

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:16 PM
Ken McMillan

Sent a group of 5 silks in and received August 31. Fot notice that they are on their way back yesterday. Ugh!!! Also sent 5 cards in in Mid December. They wanted $20 per card additional to encase them in mylar to keep them from slipping in the case. Definitely not necessary as the cards have their adbacks and would not slip. Now if they did not have the adbacks then what they were saying would make sense. Told them to grade only my Koester Bread O’Leary at the expedited level. They agreed to do this and had to email them Friday as there was no status change to indicate this. Good thing I emailed as they had done none of what I had discussed. Brent Martin now has the ball rolling on this submission.

With all this said, will be happy to get my cards back! Unless I get a card that is crutial to my collection and I want in in a SGC slab, this is my last submission to SGC. The wait times are out of control and the general ineptness of how subs and clients are handled are shameful. This is my personal opinion and they need to listen to their customers. When I call in with a concern, you never get a direct answer and half the time they act like the client is making up the story and when they verify with their coworkers, suprise, the client is telling them the truth as to what the story is. Not good client service in my opinion.

Last edited by kmac32; 01-12-2021 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:21 PM
Joe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRuth View Post
My order for 10 cards was received at SGC on Sept 21 and it said 52-57 days. Today(1/12) it finally changed from RECEIVED to POST GRADING STATUS and I noticed that turnaround time was changed to 65-70 days.

On another note, when I submitted 2 pricey cards back in November at the $100 service level, they were graded in 2 days and I had them back within a week.
My 4 cards received 10/30/20, still in received category. So far 54 work days. Joe. Last year 2019 I drove there and cards were returned in a week. Oversized cards.

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 01-12-2021, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
Sent a froup of 5 silks in and received August 31. Fot notice that they are on their way back yesterday. Ugh!!! Also sent 5 cards in in Mid December. They wanted $20 per card additional to encse them in mylar to keep them from slipping in the case. Definitely not necessary as the cards have their adbacks and would not slip. Now if they did not have the adbacks then what they were saying would make sense. Told them to grade only my Koester Bread O’Leary at the expedited level. They agreed to do this and had to email them Friday as there was no status change to indicate this. Good thing I emailed as they had done none of what I had discussed. Brent Martin now has the ball rolling on this submission.

With all this said, will be happy to get my cards back! Unless I get a card that is crutial to my collection and I want in in a SGC slab, this is my last submission to SGC. The wait times are out of control and the general ineptness of how subs and clients are handled are shameful. This is my personal opinion and they need to listen to their customers. When I call in with a concern, you never get a direct answer and half the time they act like the client is making up the story and when they verify with their coworkers, suprise, the client is telling them the truth as to what the story is. Not good client service in my opinion.
August 24th for me....Nothing...fulfillment man....this isn't rocket science

Last edited by wazoo; 01-12-2021 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:46 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Never let success overwhelm your business model; it is doomed to suffer or fail. Are you listening, Dave?
Old 01-12-2021, 04:21 PM
Ken McMillan

Short term win, long term failure!

Last edited by kmac32; 01-12-2021 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:18 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
Short term win, long term failure!
Has not hurt PSA nor Beckett and it will not hurt SGC. TPG are 100% in charge of this market. Those wait times seem pretty reasonable when you consider what the wait times are at PSA.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:15 PM
Ken McMillan

Finally have my August 31 submission in hand. 5 silks and this one slipped theough the cracks with no upcharge. They look really nice in my opinion so happy with the end product. I do think 4 1/2 months from atart to finish is excessive but guess it is what it is. 136 days for a standard economy submission tht that included labor day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Stiil quicker than PSA but painfully slow. Have my final submission coming back from SGC in hopefully a week as I told them to grade only my Chas O’Leary card and not the silks and T210 card I had sent in and do it at the expedited level. They already screwed up those instructions so we will see what happens. Definitely not willing to cut them any slack after the poor customer service I have had recently.

Kmac
Old 01-13-2021, 06:57 PM
Tony. Biviano

My 9/15/20 sub is on its way back home.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:19 PM
Frank
Fra.nk Anth0ny

Ive got 50 nice cards sitting in a stack, really need them graded, but there is no way in hell I am sending them out to any of the big 3 grading companies. 4 months and longer is not acceptable service. If business is that good they should be expanding their work force. Obviously they don't give a crap about the senders. Pathetic.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:27 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Sgc

They received my order on October 20th, and the online form said "52 to 57 days". The 57th business day was Monday, Jan 11th. I sent them an email to see if they would meet their deadline, and I got a response right away that said "Hopefully, it will be mid to late February".

So, they don't seem to be catching up.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:36 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
They received my order on October 20th, and the online form said "52 to 57 days". The 57th business day was Monday, Jan 11th. I sent them an email to see if they would meet their deadline, and I got a response right away that said "Hopefully, it will be mid to late February".

So, they don't seem to be catching up.
They are all pretty backed up now. I used to check on the subs religiously. Not anymore. They will get back when they do. As hot as the card market is, maybe that is a good thing that they ARE slow!!! I try to see the positive.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:23 PM
Kyl&.. L&ntin&

Default 4 months

They received my cards September 1st 2020 and I recieved them back January 4th 2021
Coupled with the fact that all of them came out of the Black insert during shipping back and were floating around in the case. That had never happened to me before.
These were t205s and the insert couldnt contain them during shipping as they seemed almost ill fitted.
Had to tap and shake for 40 minutes until all 7 cards were seated back into the insert.
I wont be using them ever again
Old 01-13-2021, 11:06 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentel View Post
They received my cards September 1st 2020 and I recieved them back January 4th 2021
Coupled with the fact that all of them came out of the Black insert during shipping back and were floating around in the case. That had never happened to me before.
These were t205s and the insert couldnt contain them during shipping as they seemed almost ill fitted.
Had to tap and shake for 40 minutes until all 7 cards were seated back into the insert.
I wont be using them ever again
Well, they could upcharge you $20 per card to put them in Mylar sleeves to keep them from moving in the slab like they tried to do with my S74 silks that had their ad backs on. I told them that was ridiculous as I had 2 with no Mylar and were fine. So after that, I told them that was dumb and refuse to pay the upcharge. They had just graded 5 with no upcharge so guess I got lucky. Also paid to have one card at expedited level and they screwed that up also. Unless I have something I really have to have in a SGC slab, I am done with them after being a loyal customer since 2002. Just not worth the issues and poor customer service.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:09 AM
P@trick R.omolo

I think one of the biggest problems with all the grading company back logs is the higher value/service level cards are backing up all the lower service
level subs even more. We're seeing record prices across all era's so that produces more higher level submissions based on their value, add to that the
raw collectors that are willing to sell some of their cards because of the price they're bringing but want them graded first. Then there are people that are only sending in the higher
service level cards and holding on to the rest until/if they get caught up a little.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:55 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
They are all pretty backed up now. I used to check on the subs religiously. Not anymore. They will get back when they do. As hot as the card market is, maybe that is a good thing that they ARE slow!!! I try to see the positive.
I sent in 14 cards, all for my own collection. I'm not concerned about whether or not their value goes up.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:13 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Sent them 7 cards from my PC on January 8th on the express, I'll have them back tomorrow.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 01-14-2021, 07:01 PM
Dave Wilson

I've got some silks I was thinking about SGC grading.
Does anyone know if there's an upcharge for the Mylar bag to hold it in place?? 🤪
Old 01-14-2021, 07:18 PM
mark sanders

Default 8 days?

"Sent them 7 cards from my PC on January 8th on the express, I'll have them back tomorrow."
shipped, accepted, prepped, researched, graded, qa checked and returned in 8 days?
i'd say that is extremely efficient currently!
BAT ON: Old Mill, SC 350/25
BAT OFF: Cycle, Lenox, Piedmont 460/42, Uzit
& Piedmont 350

Last edited by sando69; 01-14-2021 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:31 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccre View Post
I've got some silks I was thinking about SGC grading.
Does anyone know if there's an upcharge for the Mylar bag to hold it in place?? 🤪
Depends on their crack supplier and the current rate for crack!
Old 01-14-2021, 07:39 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sando69 View Post
"Sent them 7 cards from my PC on January 8th on the express, I'll have them back tomorrow."
shipped, accepted, prepped, researched, graded, qa checked and returned in 8 days?
i'd say that is extremely efficient currently!
I was pleasantly surprised, they even reduced the fees because my calculations were a little high.

-
Old 01-21-2021, 12:48 PM
Joe M.

What is post grading status at SGC.? Cards graded, not shipped?

N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 01-21-2021, 01:29 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmtiger View Post
Yes they have graded the card and are packing it and putting the grades into the system for your viewing. Should be a day or two, then they'll ship.

-
Old 01-21-2021, 01:55 PM
Frank
Fra.nk Anth0ny

Just sent a load of cards to GMA. I know, they work from their basement. Who cares where they work from as long as they do the job right. I will let you know how it comes out. Frank
Old 01-21-2021, 02:21 PM
Joe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
Yes they have graded the card and are packing it and putting the grades into the system for your viewing. Should be a day or two, then they'll ship.
Thanks,, joe

Old 01-28-2021, 05:20 PM
Joe M.

Quote:
Still in post grading 8 days, 4 cards. 😴

Old 01-29-2021, 06:39 AM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Still in post grading 8 days, 4 cards. 😴
Mine sat there for a few weeks. Don’t be surprised.
Old 03-23-2021, 09:54 AM
Phil Garry

Maybe this explains the real reason for our delays in getting back our vintage card submissions over the past year:

These Chicago Bulls schedules are actually multipage booklets that are now being slabbed by two of the big three TPG's. One even received a Gem-Mint grade and is available on e-bay for the bargain price of $10K.

If that's not inappropriate enough, check out the third one, its a season ticket promotional flyer. All I can say is WOW! I guess MJ trumps everything these days, huh?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MJ.jpg (78.6 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg MJ3.jpg (77.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg MJ2.jpg (74.0 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 03-23-2021 at 09:56 AM.