NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-31-2020, 01:38 PM
Al Richter

That's why he is called, Doug " I am Sorry About That, But Not Too Sorry " Goodman
Old 07-31-2020, 02:04 PM

Default Your Country Needs You :

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
Sorry to be the guy who isn't having any issues.

I actually received a box today that was tracking to arrive tomorrow...

..You have just been volunteered to supervise the mail-in voting for the upcoming election ; your office is at the main entrance of any cemetery in Philadelphia.

Old 07-31-2020, 02:08 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post

You may want to calm down your rightfully-anxious buyer by keeping him up to date on your talks with USPO .....not everyone realizes what is going on out in the real world....people who still play "Nintendo" generally don't read the newspapers all that much....

So you're saying the best way to avoid the virus may be to play Nintendo?

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 07-31-2020, 02:42 PM

And will this help "Voting-by-Mail"?
Old 07-31-2020, 05:44 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I dropped by the PO yesterday with the 3 tracking #s for the purse, wallet and Nintendo. I wrote down the number, where they were last tracked and the date they were last tracked. He looked everything up, and he said he was finding the same thing.

He said there was nothing I could do right now. He said I should wait another week. Then if it doesn't show up (or show any signs of movement), he said I should file with the insurance. Problem is seller of purse and wallet only shipped priority with that insurance ($50), while I shipped Nintendo priority (with $50 insurance only). So I'm going to be out $40 for the Nintendo, $250 on the purse and $150 on the wallet.

This entire situation stinks. But I have nothing to do but wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubman1941 View Post
I would not wait another week, I would file now as a CYA.
It probably not make a difference in movement but might make a difference in refunds.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:51 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfan View Post
I dropped by the PO yesterday with the 3 tracking #s for the purse, wallet and Nintendo. I wrote down the number, where they were last tracked and the date they were last tracked. He looked everything up, and he said he was finding the same thing.

He said there was nothing I could do right now. He said I should wait another week. Then if it doesn't show up (or show any signs of movement), he said I should file with the insurance. Problem is seller of purse and wallet only shipped priority with that insurance ($50), while I shipped Nintendo priority (with $50 insurance only). So I'm going to be out $40 for the Nintendo, $250 on the purse and $150 on the wallet.

This entire situation stinks. But I have nothing to do but wait.
That's too bad everyone can't just give it some extra time with all that is going on. Best of luck.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:34 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Yourg View Post
And will this help "Voting-by-Mail"?
Clearly everything that is going on is a deliberate attempt to sabotage voting by mail. In a pandemic.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:43 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Seems to be getting.worse.

Mail being misdirected, wrong post offices, back to hub etc.

That's just this week!

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 07-31-2020, 08:03 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post
..You have just been volunteered to supervise the mail-in voting for the upcoming election ; your office is at the main entrance of any cemetery in Philadelphia.

I'm a bit slow, so your comment is going straight over my head.

If we assume for the sake of conversation that there are currently two types of people in this country, I'm not sure if you're wearing a MAGA or a BLM shirt...

Doug "I find it interesting that our president voted by mail" Goodman

Last edited by doug.goodman; 07-31-2020 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:45 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Talked to my mail lady today. I asked her if the mandatory no-overtime thing is true, she said it is, but hasn't hit OH yet. She said it started in NC, and people there are NOT happy. Word is it's coming our way. According to her, today in my town there were a couple open routes (understaffed to begin, sick call-ins.) So parts of each route were split up among a bunch of other drivers. When this kicks, in, those routes will just not be delivered those days. I need to make sure to buy her lots of vitamin C this winter so she stays healthy and I get my mail!

She told me her personal opinion, with no more actual knowledge than anyone off the street: she believes there is a big push to make the PO tank so that 1) mail voting doesn't happen and 2) the push to privatize becomes huge. Again, this is HER PERSONAL OPINION, with no facts to support it.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:42 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I'd just be patient with the Post Office. In my area in northern California, postal workers are coming down with coronavirus, and one recently passed away (Link). We should probably be having delivery folks work less, not more. These "essential" workers are really getting screwed during the pandemic.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:06 AM
Glyn Parson

I get many packages daily. Things are running about a day or two longer than usual. Even had it been 2-4 days in these circumstances I surely wouldn’t have felt the need to start a post about it. But then again some guys seem compelled to constantly start posts bitching about something.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:49 AM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

I just had an item arrive that I purchased on eBay that took 3 weeks to arrive. I thought it was a goner.

I also think it’s ridiculous that in the middle of a pandemic the head of the USPS decides to cut overtime and tighten the belt. The government is throwing money at everything and everyone right now to keep the economy a float. Why make an essential service that people need now more than ever worse? This makes absolutely no sense. Just don’t get it.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:51 AM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
I get many packages daily. Things are running about a day or two longer than usual. Even had it been 2-4 days in these circumstances I surely wouldn’t have felt the need to start a post about it. But then again some guys seem compelled to constantly start posts bitching about something.
Thanks Glyn for stating what I'm sure many here are thinking... myself included.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:43 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Since I posted every leading newspapers and news channel has been running stories about how slow the post office is and wtf is going on. But I guess it’s just a phenomena of impatient Net 54 members. You put us in our place!!

Last edited by Snapolit1; 08-01-2020 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:20 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Heather Cox Richardson has done some good long-form journalism on exactly this topic. I'd post the most relevant excerpts here, but since it gets into the specific political causes of the current state of the USPS it might violate board policy. Anyway, it's thorough and current if you want to know the details of what happened. https://heathercoxrichardson.substac...p/july-31-2020
Old 08-01-2020, 10:05 AM
And.rew Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
My tale of woe.....

2 day priority flat rate box....

July 18, 2020, 11:38 am
Departed Post Office
DARIEN, WI 53114

July 22, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility

July 29, 2020, 2:30 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
PALATINE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

I had to call on the 28th to see what is happening with this card as it is a $500 card, Paypal is holding my funds until it is delivered and there was zero movement for ten days. And now we are back to waiting.
Here is an update on the movement of my 2 day priority mail flat rate package:

July 31, 2020, 12:25 am
ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Your item arrived at our ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on July 31, 2020 at 12:25 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

July 30, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility

July 29, 2020, 4:23 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility

July 29, 2020, 2:30 am

July 18, 2020, 11:38 am
Departed Post Office
DARIEN, WI 53114

July 18, 2020, 11:13 am
USPS in possession of item
DARIEN, WI 53114

Palatine to Elk Grove Village is a ten mile trip.

Slowdown or not I cannot understand how this package was lost for 11 days, then found and being shuttled between two post office distribution centers that are ten miles apart for three days and still not making it's way towards it's ultimate destination in Pennsylvania. Somebody is dropping the ball on these shipments. I cannot help but wonder if I just sent the card first class and not priority if it would have arrived already.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:43 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
I cannot help but wonder if I just sent the card first class and not priority if it would have arrived already.
There's no way of telling but it's very possible. It's just a complete crapshoot right now, whether the parcel is sent priority, first class, parcel post or otherwise. None are a sure thing right now, in terms of on-time delivery.

But even so, I think the USPS is hanging in pretty well, considering the obstacles.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:37 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
There's no way of telling but it's very possible. It's just a complete crapshoot right now, whether the parcel is sent priority, first class, parcel post or otherwise. None are a sure thing right now, in terms of on-time delivery.

But even so, I think the USPS is hanging in pretty well, considering the obstacles.
I have had much better luck mailing First Class parcels compared to Priority. It seems that the Priority gets backed up in the processing plants, where the First Class seems to flow a little faster.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:19 PM
Jeff

I was expecting a package that was mailed with tracking. According to the Tracking # search function on usps.com it was scanned as delivered to my PO Box @ 11:01 today. My mail was there but no package.

I am hoping it was put in a neighbor's slot by mistake and they will bring it to me.

Not much recourse with the sender if it shows as Delivered.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 08-01-2020, 01:27 PM
Bobw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
I was expecting a package that was mailed with tracking. According to the Tracking # search function on usps.com it was scanned as delivered to my PO Box @ 11:01 today. My mail was there but no package.

I am hoping it was put in a neighbor's slot by mistake and they will bring it to me.

Would your package fit in your PO box? If not, it could be it was scanned but nobody had time to write up the peach colored slip to put in your box.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:03 PM
Emlily Ell.is

It's tough to be patient with them when dealing with eBay. Just an update to my post...

the buyer escalated his claim yesterday, but I had nothing to add. I had already added tracking, and i had sent 3 messages to the buyer explaining the situation with the USPS. He never once responded to any of my messages, escalated the claim and won.

eBay refunded the buyer despite the item still being in transit from me to him. It really, really sucks. Now I am out the item and the money. I'm guessing once item arrives, the buyer isn't going to let me know and ship it back.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:06 PM
Joe Jones

In my experience eBay will refund you if you can prove the item was delivered after the case closed. Joe

Quote:
It's tough to be patient with them when dealing with eBay. Just an update to my post...

the buyer escalated his claim yesterday, but I had nothing to add. I had already added tracking, and i had sent 3 messages to the buyer explaining the situation with the USPS. He never once responded to any of my messages, escalated the claim and won.

eBay refunded the buyer despite the item still being in transit from me to him. It really, really sucks. Now I am out the item and the money. I'm guessing once item arrives, the buyer isn't going to let me know and ship it back.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:36 PM
Jay Shelton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
One although they know exactly where my office was, the USPS said no known address.

Two days later, they did deliver the package -- left it outside the locked building in what is basically an outdoor shopping mall where anyone could and did walk off with said package.

Terrible work by USPS here.
The mail in north Texas is hit and miss. Mostly hit, some miss. Really no rhyme or reason. Most everything mailed in the north Texas area goes through Coppell, and we've had a check that we mailed on July 19 still not arrive, whereas the replacement check we mailed on July 24 arrived safely on July 31. Priority mail is a joke; on the USPS website, it says due to COVID-19 that delays are expected EXCEPT priority which is normal, but I mailed a priority package 2-day on a Friday for Monday delivery. Took 8 days....
Old 08-02-2020, 02:00 AM
A.lex R@nthu.m

Anyone have issues this week with items being delivered, but tracking states "awaiting delivery scan?" I have seen this both as a buyer and a seller, in wide ranging parts of the country.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:04 AM
Jeff Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by highgradelegends View Post
Anyone have issues this week with items being delivered, but tracking states "awaiting delivery scan?" I have seen this both as a buyer and a seller, in wide ranging parts of the country.
Yes. I am down to two cards to finish my 1970 Topps set and I have one of those "in transit" from Greg Morris Cards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg track.JPG (20.3 KB, 465 views)
Old 08-02-2020, 07:04 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post

Did you go into the Post Office and ask about it?

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

USPS is always slowest when I am receiving something and fastest at delivering any checks I might send out.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:13 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
USPS is always slowest when I am receiving something and fastest at delivering any checks I might send out.
LOL, +1

or in a trade there card always gets to me on time and mine will get stuck someplace for a extra day, week, or even a month. I would much rather have to wait than the other person on getting the card(s).
Old 08-04-2020, 10:21 PM
Rob

Top this...

PS...It still hasn't arrived.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USPS2.jpg (61.4 KB, 388 views)
Old 08-06-2020, 07:10 PM
Dave Carson

Here you go.

A single card from Greg Morris cards

Shipped first class sure in the small bubble envelope they typically use

Stuck on LA since July 15.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:21 PM
Emlily Ell.is

Update:
I talked to eBay on the phone, and the lady assured me that they'd rule in my favor since the tracking showed delivered. It's been 3 days, and it appears they didn't rule in my favor. The fees haven't been reversed in my account, and the payment is still showing as having come out (in other words the money hasnt been put back into my paypal nor into my bank account).

But I guess it is what it is. What I get for mailing on the same day seller paid.

Last edited by wdwfan; 08-06-2020 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDave View Post
Here you go.

A single card from Greg Morris cards

Shipped first class sure in the small bubble envelope they typically use

Stuck on LA since July 15.
No complaints with Greg Morris Cards as a business--love buying from them--but their shipments have always been notoriously slow. I'm in Canada, and their small envelopes would often take 6-8 weeks even before the trouble started with USPS. I switched to having my Morris winnings sent to an American friend. While this was much faster, it was still quite long as compared to similar items I have shipped to U.S. addresses.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:00 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Update:
I talked to eBay on the phone, and the lady assured me that they'd rule in my favor since the tracking showed delivered. It's been 3 days, and it appears they didn't rule in my favor. The fees haven't been reversed in my account, and the payment is still showing as having come out (in other words the money hasnt been put back into my paypal nor into my bank account).

But I guess it is what it is. What I get for mailing on the same day seller paid.
That sucks, I would call again.

I have a Boggs bat that has been sitting in Florida for over a week.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:30 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Top this...

PS...It still hasn't arrived.
Rob, has it arrived yet?
Old 08-11-2020, 11:37 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Rob, has it arrived yet?
Sadly no. Made it to Dallas (four hours from me by car) and was in transit from there as of August 1st...never to be heard from again.

I've got a new one too with no tracking updates since 7/31. Sent via priority mail.

It's like USPS has stopped delivering packages.

I hope that everyone realizes at this point, that priority mail no longer exists and paying or charging someone for it is an absolute waste of money. If it can be avoided, I would.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:45 AM

It's political.

"[Postmaster General] DeJoy and his wife, a Trump appointee to the Commission on White House Fellowships who is his nominee to be the U.S. ambassador to Canada, own $30.1 million to $75.3 million in assets in Postal Service competitors or contractors, like UPS and the trucking company J.B. Hunt."

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ad-ncna1234125

Ted
Old 08-11-2020, 01:06 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Sadly no. Made it to Dallas (four hours from me by car) and was in transit from there as of August 1st...never to be heard from again.

I've got a new one too with no tracking updates since 7/31. Sent via priority mail.

It's like USPS has stopped delivering packages.

I hope that everyone realizes at this point, that priority mail no longer exists and paying or charging someone for it is an absolute waste of money. If it can be avoided, I would.
I feel your pain. I have a priority package from Heritage that has been in the void since Aug 5. Frustrating
Old 08-11-2020, 07:33 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawaintheknight View Post
It's political.

"[Postmaster General] DeJoy and his wife, a Trump appointee to the Commission on White House Fellowships who is his nominee to be the U.S. ambassador to Canada, own $30.1 million to $75.3 million in assets in Postal Service competitors or contractors, like UPS and the trucking company J.B. Hunt."

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...ad-ncna1234125

Ted
One of my sort of recent (pre-covid) packages from Amazon was sent 2 day, arrived in three.
Sent UPS, from the shipper to the Chelmsford UPS facility, from Chelmsford UPS to the Chelmsford Post office the next day, and delivered by Lowell post office on day 3. If they'd just sent it regular UPS it would have been delivered in 2 days.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:39 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Yah I got one stuck in Newark, NJ since 8/6......5 days no movement.

And mind you it took 5 days just to get to NJ from Illinois. So going on day 10 or 11 of what normally is 2-3. It does make you wonder.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 08-11-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:31 PM
Steve N0.0n

I have one stuck between locations since July 23, both within 20 minutes of me. I've had other packages from the same seller arrive since this one went missing. I haven't opened an eBay care yet with the hopes the cards show up soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2020, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawaintheknight View Post
More amusingly, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPK72LN2OCY
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/baseballgames/

Successful transactions with: bocabirdman, GrayGhost, jimivintage,
Oneofthree67, orioles93, quinnsryche, thecatspajamas, ValKehl
Old 08-12-2020, 05:14 AM
Shaun Fyffe

This could be a reason for delays:

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/11/90121...ecting-workers

KAROL: Yes, we are beginning to see those changes and how it is impacting the mail. Mail is beginning to pile up in our offices, and we're seeing equipment being removed. So we are beginning to see the impact of those changes.

KING: Curious - I hadn't heard about this one - equipment being removed. What equipment?

KAROL: The sorting equipment that we use to process mail for delivery. In Iowa, we are losing machines. And they already in Waterloo were losing one of those machines. So that also hinders our ability to process mail in the way that we had in the past

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards
Old 08-12-2020, 12:59 PM
Steve N0.0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooner10 View Post
I have one stuck between locations since July 23, both within 20 minutes of me. I've had other packages from the same seller arrive since this one went missing. I haven't opened an eBay care yet with the hopes the cards show up soon.

And just like that, the day after filing a missing package case, the package was delivered. It has been damaged in transit. Fortunately the cards weren't damaged (though not the best packaging job).

Old 08-12-2020, 03:54 PM
Mike

Sent a check to pay for my credit card and it never arrived. I talked with the credit card company and they waived the late payment fees and interest fees. Now I have to stop payment on the check which was sent 6 weeks ago, this will cost me $ 28.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:11 AM

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/m...p-the-election
Old 08-13-2020, 02:15 PM
A@ron V@!llan©️our⍑

Default Ordering on ice

In Canada and I've stopped ordering cards from the US after multi-month delays (one was posted May 18!!!, still not delivered) on several orders. Total mess.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:16 PM
Dave

The post office is shooting it self.

https://news.yahoo.com/usps-shutting...174032640.html
Old 08-13-2020, 04:53 PM

Perhaps you've misidentified the gunman...
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/baseballgames/

Successful transactions with: bocabirdman, GrayGhost, jimivintage,
Oneofthree67, orioles93, quinnsryche, thecatspajamas, ValKehl
Old 08-13-2020, 09:12 PM
Shaun Fyffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHogan View Post
The post office is shooting it self.

https://news.yahoo.com/usps-shutting...174032640.html
All according to plan for Louis DeJoy.

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards