NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-01-2019, 03:49 PM

I have a complete E104-2 Nadia pirates set. Can’t be many of those. Not many cards in the set (I think 11) but they are pretty rare. If I could chose one complete to own, it would, hands down, be E107; with Rose Co. postcards coming in second
Old 02-01-2019, 06:08 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Set quantities

I’d be interested in guesses about the existing quantity of my completed sets and some others I am building :

e95 and e96 Philadelphia Caramel = I have low grade SGC full sets. Do you think there are a 100 complete sets ? Maybe a few less of e96?

e210-1 York Caramel type 1 = I have a SGC full set. No others in that registry.
Do you think there are more than 30 full sets out there?

e210-2 York Caramel type 2 = I have 90% but haven’t found another in years.
No one seems to care much about these, but I don’t think anyone has a full set. Doubters?

C46 imperial tobacco = I have 75%. These are not terribly difficult but lack of interest it seems keeps folks from doing the full set. I wonder if there are 50 of the full set out there?

Finally, T205. There must be hundreds of full sets. I have almost two. I’m interested to hear if someone has a more precise guess.

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.

Last edited by familytoad; 02-01-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:12 PM
Mike E

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytoad View Post
I’d be interested in guesses about the existing quantity of my completed sets and some others I am building :

e95 and e96 Philadelphia Caramel = I have low grade SGC full sets. Do you think there are a 100 complete sets ? Maybe a few less of e96?

e210-1 York Caramel type 1 = I have a SGC full set. No others in that registry.
Do you think there are more than 30 full sets out there?

e210-2 York Caramel type 2 = I have 90% but haven’t found another in years.
No one seems to care much about these, but I don’t think anyone has a full set. Doubters?

C46 imperial tobacco = I have 75%. These are not terribly difficult but lack of interest it seems keeps folks from doing the full set. I wonder if there are 50 of the full set out there?

Finally, T205. There must be hundreds of full sets. I have almost two. I’m interested to hear if someone has a more precise guess.
I have had T205 and T206 (520) complete since 1974. Finished E98 about 1980, and E95, T201, E90-3 and E101 over the past decade. Because I fly under the radar, I am guessing that no one would have calculated any of my sets in their guesses on how many complete sets of certain cards there are. How many others are there out there like me?
How many sets of 1955 Spic and Span do you think there are?
Old 02-01-2019, 07:49 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Guesses probably start with adding up the registry set totals and then multiplying by a factor of 3 or 4 times that number?

That multiplier number is probably higher on big sets like the Monster since grading that many cards wouldn’t likely appeal to older collectors.

So maybe 10x of the combined registry sets for T206?

Wayne97 just emailed me some of his calculations and if he wants, they could be posted here more globally. They discuss e95 and e96, but our viewers may want to speculate on practically any (prewar) set.

Does anyone else have set population theories? I’m liking this topic...

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:50 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Before it’s forgotten

Congratulations on a great collection, Mike!
Very nice

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytoad View Post

Thanks for your post.

These three would be interesting to know.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:39 AM
Mike E

I certainly would be interested in Wayne97 thoughts on E95 and E96.