NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-27-2017, 02:53 PM
Belltown Vintage

Very, very sad to hear this news. Condolensces to Ben and others who were close friends with Jimmy. Jimmy twice sent me encouraging notes regarding my son, back in 2012. Very caring guy who I never had the fortune to meet, but I saved his notes because with all the dysfunction on the internet, he was a great human touch that helped keep things in perspective.

"Also, it seems, by the vibe I've gotten from your posts over the last few weeks, that you really seem like you're much at ease. I truly hope that that is due to your Son doing much better, Scott.

All good things, sincerely, Jimmy"
Old 12-27-2017, 07:20 PM
K3v1n Stru55

So sad to hear this. I have known Jimmy since 2002 or so and every deal that we ever did was on a handshake. I knew that he was not in good health, but I had no idea...

Thoughts and prayers out to his family and friends.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:47 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I'm very sad to hear this news. I knew Jimmy was struggling with multiple health issues, but had no idea it was that far advanced.

He and I traded a few times, and he was a pillar of honesty, integrity, and generosity. Occasionally we would send each other cool pieces just as a surprise. He knew I liked Tony Perez, and sent me some killer early-career photos. No money was ever exchanged and nothing was expected in return (although he and I always reciprocated in some fashion).

Jimmy truly appreciated the good stuff, and had impeccable taste. He was an innovator, and was well ahead of his time when it came to Original Photos. And I agree with Scott... Net54 has never been the same since he departed. He created so many thought-provoking posts, and was the very best at getting other collectors involved and engaged. Jimmy was just a stellar human being.

RIP

Last edited by perezfan; 12-28-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:01 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Jimmy and I had a brief interaction this summer when he commented on my Babe Ruth Type 1 Thread. While many saw his post as antagonistic at the time, he kindly messaged me via PM and continued to give me advice as well as exchange contact information should I ever need any advice. I never had the chance to truly pick his brain and wish I had as he seemed very knowledgeable, and even better... a great person.

RIP.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:04 PM
Rob

It kinda blows my mind that Jimmy had recently won at least $10,000 worth of Beatles stuff on ebay that he will never get to enjoy. His Beatles collection must be unbelievable.

If anyone is able to post pictures of Jimmy's Beatles treasures, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one interested in seeing them. I don't think Leon would mind, either.

Condolences to those who knew and loved Jimmy.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:11 PM
K3v1n Stru55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
If anyone is able to post pictures of Jimmy's Beatles treasures, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one interested in seeing them. I don't think Leon would mind, either.
http://sportscollectorsdaily.ning.co...=2xuiqhl7zwhto
Old 12-28-2017, 09:17 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Rarities View Post
Thank you. This is going to be great to go through.....I appreciate collections of ANYTHING!