NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 12-15-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Scott, when it comes time to liquidate, you know who to call!!

ken
Yessir!
Old 12-17-2014, 08:28 AM
Vincent Hecksel

Default Well . . . it was bound to happen

Of the twenty years I have been actively collecting vintage Detroit Tigers autographs, 2014 has been (by far) the leanest in purchases; 50% lean. Next lowest annual expenditure was more than double 2014 total spending. To make matters worse (but not in a bad way), my only note worthy purchase was a signed 3x5 of former Tiger ballplayer Alfred Louis "Shoddy" Shaw. Problem is, I did not realize I already had a nice example of his signature until placing this one into the appropriate binder. Alittle research turned up the original invoice from Jim Stinson. I do not mind having doubles but this one was expensive. But I chose to keep it instead of going through the hassle of returning. After all, the error was mine; not the dealer.

Anyways, I have always known such a year could/would occur. When a year's success has come down to acquiring just one obscure ballplayer's autograph appearing my vintage want list, it was bound to happen. It was still a good year; just not with regards to reducing the number of names on my primary want list. But no tears here. Tomorrow may bring my next opportunity, as may Year 2015. Cheers.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:34 AM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

2014 was very good to me, although not necessarily my wallet. Honorable mentions include signatures of JL Wilkinson, Pop Lloyd and Bill Dahlen (I may revisit this pickup in 12 months). But my favorite is this Anson piece, as it is "fresh" (as Heritage would say) to the Hobby. It was found by an antique book collector in Tennessee, and never made available (that I know of) to the Baseball hobby. It is in a beautiful hand drawn In Memorium book and the City of Chicago seal is really nice.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Belltown Vintage

Mike, that 'Ferdinand and Isabella' piece is amazing. Out of respect, I won't show my 1492 autographed lacrosse ball that Columbus brought back from America.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:00 PM
Paul

1914 CJ Marquard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marquard_CJ_SGC_AUT3.jpg (77.9 KB, 276 views)

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 12-17-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Mike Navarro

That Maris ball signed to "Mike" is pretty sweet.

Mike
Old 12-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Michael I.

Thanks mike, I just got it in on monday and have been quite pleased with it. One of them personalized items with a name of mike you look for but never really expect to find but most of the time when you do its so old or faded that it just "dont feel right" If you go to my previous thread about the ball you will see how close I came to loosing the ball. Thanks again!