NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: Will AROD ever play another MLB game again!
AROD WILL play in the MLB again. 89 53.29%
AROD is done...he will never play another MLB game again! 78 46.71%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2013, 09:29 PM
pete ullman

Default AROD May Be Banned from Baseball?!?!

"That'd be making a statement!"

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/7/2...biogenesis-mlb
Old 07-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Brandon

Tough call... As much as I'd love to see A-Rod banned for life, I kinda want the Yanks to have to eat his contract for six(?) more years
Old 07-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Ⓑⓘⓛⓛ Ⓒⓞⓡⓝⓔⓛⓛ

We need a Mitchell Report for the hobby.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:46 AM
Ken Goldin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcornell View Post
We need a Mitchell Report for the hobby.
If he is banned for life, it is same as suspended without pay
Yankees would owe him zero
Old 07-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengoldin View Post
If he is banned for life, it is same as suspended without pay
Yankees would owe him zero
and he wouldn't get to play in old-timers games.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:47 PM

Good.

How many times can a player use steroids or other PED's, deny it, lie about it, get away with it and then continue to do it while wiping everybody noses in it?

A Rod signed his big contract with the Rangers and, over the years, was asked NUMEROUS times about steroid use and abuse. Every time he denied he was a user.

A Rod opted out of his big dollar, long term deal to sign an even bigger dollar long term deal. Only AFTER signing this deal (which had NO language in it about steroid use and voidance of the contract) did A Rod admit that, yes, he did use steroids. But, only AFTER he signed the first big contact and before the MLB steroid policy was put into place in 2004.

I say, if if MLB has the goods on A Rod and he wants to fight the process, then MLB SHOULD ban A Rod.

This will punish him for past transgressions (which are most likely MORE than one) while also sending a message to other players that using, cheating, lying and being smug about it will not be tolerated.

David
Old 07-23-2013, 09:53 PM
Andy Davis

I would LOVE to see Arod get the lifetime ban. That could be just what baseball needs to send a message to the rest of the league. My guess is he will make a deal with MLB and "retire".
Old 07-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Todd Schultz

Sorry, it ain't happenin.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:06 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Sorry, it ain't happenin.
And why not?

What makes you so sure....

I'm calling lifetime ban for sure....

Not like he can play anymore anyway
Old 07-24-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post
Good.

How many times can a player use steroids or other PED's, deny it, lie about it, get away with it and then continue to do it while wiping everybody noses in it?

A Rod signed his big contract with the Rangers and, over the years, was asked NUMEROUS times about steroid use and abuse. Every time he denied he was a user.

A Rod opted out of his big dollar, long term deal to sign an even bigger dollar long term deal. Only AFTER signing this deal (which had NO language in it about steroid use and voidance of the contract) did A Rod admit that, yes, he did use steroids. But, only AFTER he signed the first big contact and before the MLB steroid policy was put into place in 2004.

I say, if if MLB has the goods on A Rod and he wants to fight the process, then MLB SHOULD ban A Rod.

This will punish him for past transgressions (which are most likely MORE than one) while also sending a message to other players that using, cheating, lying and being smug about it will not be tolerated.

David
And on the other hand...

I Think they should have Doctor's & Nurse's waiting for them at the end of the tunnel Freely Injecting any & All Takers...

I want to see 800 ft Home Run's and Pitcher's Lasting Double Header's... Just Like "Big Ed" Walsh did Back in the Day!

If they want to do this stuff.. Then Let'em... They will cheat anyway... & that my Fellow Baseball Fans is just what is gonna continue to happen!

"Line'em uP, Knock'em Out or Sit'em Down"

Come on now... wouldn't Like to see 110 mile an hour fast ball? Or even a 5 foot hanging curve ball?

Maybe Pfizer's Name would even be a the Ball instead of Rawlings!

Didn't Our President say that we needed "Change"... Now that's a change I can live with... their gonna do it anyway....

JMHO

a little voice from the Stan...
Old 07-24-2013, 12:29 PM
H Murphy

Retire, no way, banned doubt it, play again 50/50.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:54 PM
M1ke Ant1$ta

Default A-roid

As a Yankee fan, and a baseball fan, I hope he never plays again...not sure if that will be a result of a lifetime ban or simply because he physically cannot stay healthy (esp. without the juice).

Mike

Do yourself a favor and sign up for Ebates - save $$$
on online purchases including cards on ebay. I have saved over $700 so far which = free cards!

www.ebates.com
Old 07-24-2013, 08:02 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

From a skill point of view, why would it even matter? Now that he's not juicing he's not nearly the threat he once was. As much as I hate the Yankees, they (and the rest of baseball) would be better off without him.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:21 AM
Scott

Default A Roid

dude doesn't give a hoot about playing baseball...

he was BENCHED in the PLAYOFFS and he spent the time flirting with a hot fan and tried to get her phone number....

he knows (ASSUMES) he will just keep cashing $25 million ever year for doing SQUAT...

guess what Batman, hes got another thing coming to him!

him and Pete can have lunch together and discuss baseball.....
Old 07-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Tim Caravella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFandango View Post
dude doesn't give a hoot about playing baseball...

he was BENCHED in the PLAYOFFS and he spent the time flirting with a hot fan and tried to get her phone number....

he knows (ASSUMES) he will just keep cashing $25 million ever year for doing SQUAT...

guess what Batman, hes got another thing coming to him!

him and Pete can have lunch together and discuss baseball.....

Totally agreed, this has nothing to do with baseball, if he is not banned he will ride the pine for his $100m due to him over the next 5 years. He is trying to make any deal he can to ensure he is not banned and can continue to collect. As a Yankee fan, this contract is going to keep the Yankees from competing on the level we are used to over the last 15 years for years to come. I hope the rest of the MLB teams learn from this tragedy and stop giving these huge dollar long term contracts that end when the players are undoubtedly going to be a shadow of what they were in their prime.

By the way, if I'm the Yankees right now I am selling every piece (Cano included) to bring in some fresh young talent. It's time to cut costs and rebuild with a new plan.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:38 AM
pariah1107

All for the lifetime ban.

Must say the reports of Tony Bosch probing A-ROID's arm for a vein are comical. As a nurse, i can say this is Medicine 101. Might want to check your doctors credentials if he can't find a vein in a healthy full grown male athlete.

Rodriguez's claims, that he only took steroids in Texas to deal with the pressures of a new contract were ridiculous. I can think of no better way to relieve the pressure than to move to the largest market in baseball with an even larger contract. He's a narcissist and habitual liar; those are the nicest things I have to say about him.

Quite honestly, the Yankees got what they deserved, and hope they get stuck with $98 million owed.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:47 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

Good riddance. Simply stated he is a cancer. If he actually induced or introduced other players to the clinic I wonder if he could technically be charged as a drug pusher/distributor. That would be something.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Mike

Let us not forget that ARod is an old man with a PED-riddled body. He likely has little left. Remember, he was pinch hit for with games on the line in the playoffs last year, bad hip not-withstanding. I don't believe he would be starting on a contending team. If he wasn't ARod, with that contract, the Yanks would have cut him already.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:47 PM

This is a farce. Throw this bum out.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Rob Ruddy

Default Cheaters never prosper???

Well, now we all know that this druggie will play the rest of the season until his case is heard in November. What a joke! He shouldn't be allowed to play until his case is resolved, which would basically mean his days would be finished in the Majors.

Apparently cheaters DO prosper.