NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-04-2009, 09:53 PM

Default Authenticity On These Psa Cards

I am looking to purchase these cards please advise if these are authentic as I have read there are fake psa holders being sold as real.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 09 red cobb PSA 8 f 1_edited-1.jpg (60.9 KB, 1378 views)
File Type: jpg aaron psa 9 b 1.jpg (70.0 KB, 1373 views)
File Type: jpg img144.jpg (61.8 KB, 1403 views)
File Type: jpg img145.jpg (61.1 KB, 1369 views)
File Type: jpg PSA 8 red cobb back 1.jpg (70.0 KB, 1370 views)
Old 12-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

The font on the Cobb flip is off.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Clayton

You forgot the front scan of the Hank Aaron card..........
Old 12-04-2009, 10:25 PM

Let me guess,

1) they were on Craigslist and are from California

or

2) you are trying to sell them?

David
Old 12-04-2009, 10:30 PM

They are from California and I did not see them on Craigslist I am considering buying them but am very cautious
Old 12-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Rob Miller

Just a hunch, but I think they are all bogus and would stay away.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Ⓑⓘⓛⓛ Ⓒⓞⓡⓝⓔⓛⓛ

Quote:
Originally Posted by baberuth714 View Post
They are from California and I did not see them on Craigslist I am considering buying them but am very cautious
No collection of fake cards is complete without a '33 Goudey Ruth and a '52 Topps Mantle. Ask the seller to dig around - he has them somewhere.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Clayton

Like calvindog said-there seems to be something funny about the letter R on the flips............compared it to 20 different PSA graded cards I have and the letter R on the ones you are showing look different...I am no expert,just bored.......I wish I had that Cobb(minus the holder,that is)..........
Old 12-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Tim

Not 100% but if I had to guess and quote Elaine from Sienfeld:

"Fake, Fake, Fake, Fake!"
Old 12-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Pup6913

What I find the most amazing about this is that the Poster has only posted 3x's (all 3 on this thread) and everyone here is willing to just explain in minute detail how to correct the already fraudulant PSA flips. This way he can remake the flips over and over till he gets it right and then what?????

Isn't that how we learn about our cards. We ask and ask till it becomes ingrained and we can spot a fake a mile away. We learn from the best in our hobby and that knowledge is passed on and on to help.

So if we give these people what they need to learn how to fool us then isn't that like shooting yourself in the foot on purpose to see if it actually leaves a hole to see through.

It just concerns me about this kind of thing. Especially since he is a first time Poster/ect. This is just IMO
Old 12-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Johnny S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
What I find the most amazing about this is that the Poster has only posted 3x's (all 3 on this thread) and everyone here is willing to just explain in minute detail how to correct the already fraudulant PSA flips. This way he can remake the flips over and over till he gets it right and then what?????

Isn't that how we learn about our cards. We ask and ask till it becomes ingrained and we can spot a fake a mile away. We learn from the best in our hobby and that knowledge is passed on and on to help.

So if we give these people what they need to learn how to fool us then isn't that like shooting yourself in the foot on purpose to see if it actually leaves a hole to see through.

It just concerns me about this kind of thing. Especially since he is a first time Poster/ect. This is just IMO
There is only so much you can do when it comes to these idiot crooks. What comes around goes around and eventually they will get what's coming to them. The sad thing is if these people would use the talents and skills they have to make an honest buck they would probably be quite successful, but instead will most likely end up squealing like a pig in a prison cell sooner or later and rightfully so.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Clayton

Default You have a great point Andrew

I hate to admit it,but I seem to have trouble identifying fake flips (PSA) from legit ones.Usually when I buy PSA graded cards on Ebay(T206),I try to buy mostly from well known legit dealers(like tbarlage,for example).But I am learning alot from reading the board-and I appreciate all of the knowledge everyone on the board is so kind to share-thank you!!

I despise these fraudulent thieves who re-holder fake cards,make fake flips,doctor,alter,trim cards for the sole purpose of lining their pockets with their victims' hard earned cash.

It sucks to know these people cast a cloud over such a wonderful hobby.

Thank you to all of the card sellers who only sell legit!!!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Patrick N.

Default Bgs/bvg

As much as I despise Beckett, I have not heard of anyone being able to tamper with/replicate their holders...
Old 12-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintacular View Post
As much as I despise Beckett, I have not heard of anyone being able to tamper with/replicate their holders...
Send an altered card in and get a case back to start. Fake card or altered high dollar card next. BGS/BVG flips do not look that hard to duplicate as PSA's. Seal it and sell. Thing is BVG will not bring the most money for a card. This is why PSA seems to be the target.

Has anyone seen a fake SGC slab or flip??? I would love to see that if there is one.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Patrick N.

Default Bgs/bvg

holders are damn near impossible to crack and reuse and finding a cheap imitation of their holder would be much harder than PSAs, I reckon...
Old 02-05-2010, 09:52 PM
Sammy849

I have a question are you thinking the cards are fraud or the holders are fraud or both are fraud ? I entered the PSA#'s into cert verification on PSA's site and they both match ? I am just trying to learn what you my have spotted to help me improve my collecting skills. Thanks
Old 02-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Sammy

Welcome aboard, Sammy. Since this is your first post why don't you introduce yourself a little and tell us what you collect? That way we can help you more....best regards

After a little checking I am comfortable with not necessarily calling Sammy...once again, happy collecting....that's all I wish for.

Last edited by Leon; 02-05-2010 at 10:23 PM.