View Single Post
Old 04-06-2024, 01:50 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
It is rather frightening how people seem to have forgotten what Nazism in actual reality was and did. Remind me when the Gestapo declined to authenticate memorabilia as one of their trademark cruel tactics? Remind me when they tried to trade game tickets for more valuable goods?

The Gestapo is not any tactic I don’t like. Nazism is not any idea I don’t like. Giving the most wildly extreme hot take to compare what I don’t like to the Nazi’s is stupidity and beyond ignorant.
It's a comparison to the way the Dodgers handled this, which is truly bad as well as stupid. Nothing more.

My father received the Purple Heart in combat in Europe with the 99th Infantry Division from 10 June 1944 (D Day +2) until several months after VE day. From him, I learned a thing or 2 about the Nazis.

If I'm stupid and beyond ignorant, so be it. Oh well. Don't care. You, on the other hand, seem to know everything about everything. I wish you continued success.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***