View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 04:49 PM
Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
Yeah, Marc, we need you to spray the whole thing with Retro-Clean and report back with results.

Seriously, the way it did not ruin the blue/gray felt makes me think it might be the perfect stuff for an old, red, heavily stained NY Giants pennant I own.
If you use this stuff, you probably need to cover/avoid any paint (or at least test the paint for color fastness by rubbing a small area of the paint with a Q-tip soaked in the detergent). Like I said, it took off the offwhite paint coat from the Oilers helmet on contact (just one drip). I think that coat had mostly yellow in it. And, when I soaked the fabric close enough to get near the red, the red started to bleed.

This pennant seemed to be especially prone to bleeding paint. I dipped a Q-tip with water and rubbed it on the red and the red started to come off.

But, like I said, I was impressed with how well it got out the brown, foxing, rusty spots and how quickly it did it. I think I had the detergent mix on it for 5 minutes at most (I spooned it on to the felt areas to try to avoid paint). It also brightened up the blue fabric. The hard part is cleaning all of blue fabric that is between the graphics/letters.