View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
I truly believe the player is not joe jackson, but terry turner. T202s had alot of repeat players, and if memory serves me right, turner was featured in a few. I have also looked at some pics of him during that era and i would lean much more towards him than shoeless joe... Also, in 1911 shoeless joe hit .408! i would have to believe with those credentials, he would have been mentioned by name on the back
Here we go again...

You can believe all you want... but you've already been PROVEN wrong. Terry Turner WAS featured on multiple cards on the set, which means that they obviously had a contract with him and were free to use his name (which they did on a few cards in this set). So the fact that his name is not on this particular card is just another bit of eveidence that it's not him. Also, it doesn't matter what Joe Jackson hit that year, if he didn't have a contract with the card company then they wouldn't be allowed to use his name which explains why he wasn't also featured on a side panel or in the T-205 set which shared the same portrait pictures. Oh, and by the way... If you look at the card in person and know anything about Joe Jackson you can pretty clearly tell that it's him. If that's not enough for you just go back and look at the other 70 pages of evidence in this thread.