View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 10:52 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Default That's rough

Hopefully they get it sorted out for you soon enough. Because not losing your payment is about as basic as it gets for an AH.

Not to defend Brian, but I'm guessing he's juggling a few things right now, plus probably on his guard for people looking to take advantage of his shop by making wild claims. Naturally, when we have a valid claim, all of the goons making stupid claims just make it more difficult, just because everyone is all so accustomed to having to defend against the goons and their spurious nonsense. But still, the response you received seems unnecessary, even if you were one of those goons peddling spurious nonsense trying to take advantage of the AH.

I'm fortunate enough to say that I have only had good experiences with auction houses, with one notable exception that I also documented on this board (as my first post to boot). To the credit of the AH in that case, the situation was quickly resolved, albeit with what seemed to me to be a little unnecessary drama due to some communication failures.

Not that they're looking for my advice, but it does seem like some AHs might benefit from having a team in place to handle special customer situations/disputes. Even if not a full team, just one person who can take it, instead of the big man. With any luck, they would be a bit better trained to handle such situations with tact and grace. That way the big man (who might be less graceful/tactful) wouldn't have to get personally involved, which seems to be the common denominator between your situation and my one negative AH experience.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 12-23-2022 at 10:53 AM.