View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 10:58 PM
N@te

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Hi Guys:

I am the OP. I will try to answer/clarify what has been posted/asked here. Sorry I am answering late. I am not on here everyday and I have not been getting instant email notifications as I signed up for. Only received one notice after the first reply. Nothing since.

The payment was most certainly through F&F's. The buyer instigated the payment through F&F's I did not for example send him an invoice. I don't even know if this is possible with F&F.

I did request the payment be made through F&F.

The buyer is NOT a board member as far as I know.

I too thought he jumped the gun in starting the process with paypal. The package arrived at a unit near him. He has visited the unit, asked questions etc. but so far no package. He panicked. The stuff inside is worth about $2K. When I said to him I thought he could have waited a while longer, his response was:

So is it early?? Could be ... But honestly the situation is very disappointing. I called PayPal and advised the situation as I was ensuring what the protocol would be....PayPal agreed that a case was in my best interest.

I too thought F&F had no or not much recourse for the "buyer". But IF they told him to start a case who knows. There is insurance on the package, but who knows if the P.O. will pay off or not. I have heard horror stories about that and establishing value etc.

I have no interest in screwing the guy. If the package is lost I would repay him the insurance, but in the meantime he has $2K of my $$ tied up.

And what happens if the P.O. does pay out and the package arrives months later?

Another question. Who should start the insurance process? The seller or the buyer? The buyer paid for the insurance, so should I send him the receipts and he deals with the P.O. gets the payout etc. or is the onus on the seller?

I await your responses!

Thanks,

Fred
The seller should still have all of the insurance info. Have him give it to you so you can go to the PO with it. I had this happen with a bat that was stolen(or had fallen out but you be the judge) out of the bat tube and luckily the guy put insurance on it. The PO did in fact pay me and really, it was pretty easy actually.

But you're right, the item could show up several weeks later. Exact same thing happened again with a bat falling out. Received an empty bat tube and had to contact the PO to turn in a lost item giving them a description. Sure enough, about a month later the bat was found and shipped to me wrapped in brown paper by the PO. Shocked it actually showed up since it was a Winfield used bat with his name right there on the barrel, bright as day. I thought for sure it was a goner. Anyways, that was an EBay transaction that the guy had to give me my money back. Then it showed up and I went ahead and paid him right back, which I didn't have to do but obviously did.

So yes, an item/package could be found weeks/months later and shipped to the buyer even if the buyer already got a refund. Definitely happens, but hopefully the buyer does the right thing in this instance.

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl

Last edited by UnVme7; 05-06-2014 at 10:59 PM.