View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by phikappapsi View Post
Certainly didn't mean to offend, nor was I judging, and certainly not saying you trimmed the card.

All I was saying was it 'seems' as though it came back with a grade far off from what you agree with (hence starting a thread)

I ve never sent a card in for regrade, I generally only buy a graded card if I actually agree with the grade it has, that way I avoid overpaying... Too much risk buying a card you think is under graded, then you find a flaw, and realize you're stuck with something you didn't want. So no, I don't crack slabs. That said, I think the way you present your cards is wonderful!

I was simply trying, in my limited estimating skills, to guess an appropriate grade, which I said was either auth if deemed trimmed, or 2 if deemed factory cut

I was simply curious if anyone else thought (as I did) that this card deserved a numerical grade ?

And, I say this strictly for the following 2 reasons......

Since this T206 has an AMERICAN BEAUTY (AB) back, how can SGC discern that it was trimmed ?
Considering the fact that there is no consistency in the dimensions of AB cards.

Furthermore, I've seen many, many AB cards in the past 32 years that I've been collecting T206's.
Occasionally, some of them do have rough Factory-cuts very similar to this card. Some of these
rough-cut cards have been assigned numerical grades by PSA or SGC.

Anyhow, you (and a number of responses here) have guessed correctly that it was graded an "A".

Thanks for everyone's responses.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 05-21-2012 at 01:25 PM.