View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
While I agree, there is no good conclusion to be drawn from the story re: Coah's corner et al. I STRONGLY disagree with your statement "the only mistake JSA did was....." - IMO the primary mistake that JSA made was looking at ~8 items which he certified as good and 2nd time around certified them as bad - At best one would have to question how qualified he is to authenticate autographs - at worst - agree with the post and accept that he didn't even look at the signatures second trip - only the coa that accompanied it - an irresponsible/inexcusable busniess practice as an authenticator. imho.

-Howard Chasser
I don't see it as a bad business practice to reject out of hand the opinion of someone who makes a living approving bad stuff.

It is probably a bad business practice to justify charging for that rejection by listing reasons. Although maybe not since a rejection simply saying "Fake because it's got a Morales cert" even at no charge will probably draw a lawsuit.

In any field there's people whose opinion is respected, some worthy some not. There are also people who deserve little or no respect for their opinions. And that usually happens because they have a proven track record of having no knowledge of the subject or of being wrong.

Ask me anything about repairing bicycles. I'll probably have a solid answer. And I've got repeat customers who apparently think so too.

Ask me about the certs I made for the diamonds I found in my road side garden. I know they're good, even if I did find them near that broken bottle. And I'll bet your dastardly local jewler will have a good laugh as he tells you they're just broken glass.

Steve Birmingham