View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default we're cheap but.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
Peter and Todd now that you guys have laid that out it does make more sense to me about the BP's. I still don't like the fact that I have to pay 15% of what I bid regardless. Why does it have to be that high Cant' an auction house survive off 6-10%? Leon and Scott do 10% and I am sure they are just fine. Thats 5% each in simple math.

So why isn't there an auction house that charges 3-5% sellers fees irregardless or the reach around you give them and charge 3-5% BP. I would bid on that. Its less than Taxes on an item. Oh yeah then I have to pay some absurd shipping $ not close to actuall shipping price it cost.

So if I bid $8500 on the T205 Young and win it will cost me $9775. That is $1275 in fees

If it is done the way I think is fair. $8500 cost me $8925 + shipping and the seller gives up $425. That is $850 for the house.

I could sleep at nite with that justification. This is just my opinion but I would like to hear if it makes sense to anyone else or if I am pissing up a rope into the wind here
slight correction...we (Brockelman and Luckey Auctions) are 0% sellers fee and 12.5% buyers premium.