View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 04:50 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
The Hall of Fame started on a downward spiral once the early stages of the corrupt Veteran's committee was put into place. So many of their selections are suspect, as they were busy trying to get their friends into the Hall of Fame.

I've also been very vocal about this, there are known cheaters in the Hall of Fame. Many people hold a "holier than thou" attitude about players, even if they so much as experimented with a pharmaceutical drug. Meanwhile Pud Galvin, Babe Ruth, and Mickey Mantle experimented with animal testosterone. Mays And Aaron took amphetamines at least once. And on that subject, God knows how many players were popping Greenies like they were M&M's in the clubhouse either, or high off of painkillers in order to pitch.

I don't want people citing character clauses either. Cap Ansons in the Hall of Fame, the guy that was probably responsible for segregating the game, Commiosner Landis is in, the man that upheld said segregation. It was rumored that Tris Speaker had ties to the KKK.

My point being, the Hall is a place that commemorates and celebrates the greatness of baseball. How these men achieved that greatness, or their dealings outside of the game of baseball should not matter. Voters can't play the moral police for one group of players but not another.
Classic false equivalence/two wrongs make a right fallacy. One past mistake does not legitimize all future mistakes. A concrete example: I am driving down the road minding my own business doing a steady 85 just like everyone else and I get pulled over. Do I get to skate on the ticket because everyone else was speeding too? Nope. Other speeders are not a defense to my conduct. The fact that the HOF has a number of miscreants in it does not justify voting for another one.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 12-17-2022 at 04:51 PM.