View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 03:49 PM
Bob Donaldson

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
I drop most of my outgoing mail in a blue box daily. Approximately once a month an origin scan or two will be missed. Far more often missed are the origin scans on the ebay envelopes, sometimes an entire day's worth have been missed. That results with the first scan appearing going into the recipient's local sort center. Any mailings of value, I schedule a pickup and hand it to the carrier who scans it (or is supposed to) on the spot. I would schedule more pickups, but the local carrier has strongly hinted he does not appreciate too many items to scan.

I apparently upset the driver who picks up the blue boxes in my area. This driver drove 8 miles out of their way to come to my house and tell me I was "over filling" the blue bins and if I kept doing it, it would be escalated???? Hardly do I fill the blue bins! Either way, I cut down what I drop in the blue bins and drop at other mail intakes around my area. Watching the conversation from my doorbell cam footage with this USPS person was priceless.
In my town most of the blue boxes have been modified so that it is impossible to post anything > 1/4 inch thick. Puffies or small flat rate boxes do not fit. :-(