View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 06:42 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasHouseGang View Post
Steve,
I had something similar happen to me on ebay last year. I won an auction and started to pay, when suddenly the auction was canceled. I don't remember exactly what the message from ebay said, but effectively the item was no longer available. I guess it didn't go for a enough money and he didn't want to sell it that cheap. I didn't get offered any "consolation prize". I just had to move on.
Some sellers list their inventory on ebay, their own website, and in their store if they have one. Several times I have negotiated and bought stuff, which the seller then had to pull off ebay. In fact I bought 13 T202 cards from a member here last weekend in this way.

A couple of times, after I'd agreed to the deal, I got pretty nervous when the seller was slow to remove the item from ebay; the standout examples were all involving the same well known GU dealer: a Johnny Bench rookie bat, a super rare 1965 Twins Al Worthington World Series bat, and a 1964 Vic Power Twins flannel.

I have a good relationship with this dealer so I'm sure he would've kept his word to me, but I worried what it would do to his reputation if someone came along and hit the BIN while it was still hanging out there.