View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 06:19 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsagain74 View Post
I don't get any of these POVs saying "use a purchase receipt" to prove the value of cards. Not only does the purchase price have nothing to do with what something's worth now, but naturally some people have had their cards for many, many years (or even since childhood), and would never have such a receipt.

I'm not sure what the best answer is for these insurance claims spots, but needing the proof of purchase is one of the worst. If the post office can't use info like VCP as a good enough indication of something's value, then they shouldn't offer insurance at all
I agree here. I have exactly zero receipts for any of my cards. Of course I don't have any really large value cards for which I may have asked for a receipt but still. If the PO sells you insurance for a certain amount and they lose the damn package then they should suck it up and pay out. Whoa, I got a little heated there for a second. Sorry.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here