View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 04:25 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
It's a pet peeve of mine these days that so many sellers are unwilling to give their raw cards a grade, and just throw their hands up insinuating that because they don't work for PSA, it's not safe to hazard a guess as to the grade of the card. "I'm not a professional". Ok great, but stand behind what you sell. Describe the corners and the centering and the surface wear at least if you are afraid to say and let buyers judge for themselves. Grading was a thing long before professional graders. When I sell something online I'm going to tell you I think it's EX-MT, or VG-EX, or what have you. I may be wrong, but at least I'm telling you. That's the respectable thing to do.
As a buyer, I hear you 100%. As a seller, i cant say i blame other sellers for not assigning a grade. I stopped assigning grades when i was ripped off several years ago selling a group of a couple hundred exmt commons, and graded them as such. Got an email from the buyer claiming they were vg at best, then he sent me vg commons back and of course ebay gave him a refund. I imagine had i not assigned a grade and just said “see photos” it would have given him another hurdle....idk. Point being, i see the risk and don’t judge those not willing to take it.