View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyseymour View Post
He has harped on and on about Adrian and posted endless links to old threads written by him. He said Adrian committed criminal acts when he hadn't. He claims he wrote the thread on making a blacklist simply because it "warranted conversation", when in fact he was heavily pumping the idea and offered to manage the blacklist himself, presumably so that he could gain control over it and the power associated with who would or wouldn't be on it (hint-Adrian). He wrote that the board should let the matter go, but only after, in the very same post, accusing Adrian of stealing from people in the future, even though Adrian has no history of stealing from anyone in the past and in fact just shipped out a card he sold. He also posted links to the very same Adrian threads that got everyone so upset in the first place. Those links and accusations are obviously so inflammatory that it isn't going to encourage anyone to let the matter go. Yet he claims he doesn't have a vendetta.

He can make some rhetorical argument about how he hasn't "started any threads", but it is a moot point. He is responsible for what he has written and that is that. By his own standards, less than one third of the threads he started were about pre-war cards, and the ones that were generally covered topics that lack vigor, such as "Which Pre-war card should I buy?". He claims that I started bullying Eric P. around in the blacklist thread, but that assertion is false. Eric threw the first flame by saying I should hang out with other people although I was just making a philosophical argument about the truth that wasn't directed at Eric. Although Eric continued with many personal attacks, calling me a moron and so forth, I never responded in kind and in fact all I did was question the highly dubious accuracy of some of his Eric's statements.

As for whether Bill has a vendetta against Adrian, you folks can go back and read his posts and make your own assessment. He claims he wants to leave Adrian in the past when in fact he continues to bash him in ways unwarranted. Unfair to someone who doesn't have a voice on this board. Moreover, he is now employing the Adrian-inspired technique of trying to shift the focus to his health problems. Even people with injured knees still need to be responsible for what they write. But, ultimately, whether he's started threads or whether he's got a vendetta is irrelevant - he's made the inflammatory remarks against Adrian and it is as simple as that. That is not the mark of someone who wants to leave the matter behind - that is the mark of someone who wants to stir up old stuff.

Hmm... starting stupid threads and using health issues to pass off on inflammatory comments. Doesn't that sound a bit like the Zone91 character?
You're a real piece of work, I give you that. Why you are so intent on defending a guy that has welshed on his obligations left and right is beyond me, and frankly it's a little disturbing. Yet you have no problem attacking somebody who is only acting in the best interest of everybody on the forum. Real nice.

I offered to host the list only so Net 54 wouldn't be exposed to any liability. That is the only reason. I would have given admin access to Leon and the mods. Some other people (people that aren't paranoid) might think, "that's cool. He's trying to help other board members by providing a list of Ebay buyers and sellers that are scamming people, or backing out on obligations they have voluntarily entered into". But not you. "Oooooh, Bill Gregory is making a power play." Really? Well, don't worry. The list isn't going to happen as the majority voted against it. I could care less would have been on it. People could have chosen to look at it if they wanted to, or they could have ignored it altogether. As I have already shown, other forums do it. SCF has a list of hundreds of people on their homepage. I suppose the mods use that as a "power trip", too, right? Or maybe they're just trying to protect their members.

And where have I used my health issues to pass off inflammatory comments? The only reason I posted anything about my leg being broken and subsequent surgery was your absurd assertion that I am not a pre-war collector because you don't see me buying cards, or in your mind, I'm not buying enough. Adrian used his health (and several other things) as justification for his abhorrent behavior. I'm not using my health as an excuse for anything. I pay my bills. I meet my obligations.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 09-07-2013 at 07:20 PM.