NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Default I am new to baseball cards and need help!

Posted By: Hexus22

Thanx for reading this. I need some help on collecting baseball cards. I need to know some good players and I need to buy their cards. I am new to this, so I need some cheap cards under about $20.00. I appreciate the help.

Old 03-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert

There has to be something about baseball that you like to make you want to start collecting. Do you have a favorite team, player, are you into Hall of Famers..something. Unless you are a fan of today or yesterday I don't really see any reason for you to start.

Old 03-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

as was posted above,we need more info from you and what you're looking to collect---new stuff,1950's-70's,pre ww2?

Old 03-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dstudeba

Why do you need to buy these cards?

Old 03-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: pete

as long as you dont buy the ones i want....you have my approval!...you'll get a lot of this but you definitely need to pick something specific like time frame, certain teams or players, type of cards, etc...and a big question is "do you want to collect for investment, or just for the sport of it?" if for investment you need to collect pre-1970 at least, with a few exceptions to certain players. if its for the sport of it, you'll get tired of that real quick...my own opinions
pete-

Old 03-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Hexus22

I need autographs of players in the Red Sox! I also want hobby boxes for under $30. What should I get?

Old 03-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

What's a hobby box?

Old 03-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

I believe this guy is either full of crap or doesnt realize that this board is for vintage card discussions. A hobby box - how nice would it be if I could get a hobby box of T206's for under $30.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TimJ

Would a hobby box be larger or smaller than a shoe box?
I would suggest asking family members if they ever collected baseball cards,you might get lucky.I started collecting in 1976 when my cousin gave me a nice shoe box of cards in the '57-'68 range.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

This thread has gone about as far as it needs to. Let's get back on track please. I suggest if you don't know what you are doing you might read this board for a while and get your feet wet that way. Also if you visit the links section of this board you can find more info than you will care to have about Pre-WWII vintage baseball cards. This board is primarily about them and related items. Thanks for understanding......