NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Pre-WWII cards (E, D, M, W, etc..) B/S/T

Old 10-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Default Scans of Mello Mint Wagner~

Posted By: BcDaniels

$6k delivered.

it has the corners and appearance of a vg/ex- card! There are only four known that I am aware of or have seen in 25 years. A PSA 4 sold for $12131.00 in the last mastro auction. I proatted this grade at 49% of that sale~ thanks

Old 10-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Nice card....

Old 10-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Lindholme

Apologies, no thread hijack intended. I hope this only helps generate interest in this rare card.

I have this card too, it is without doubt my finest card.
Ungraded and currently packed up while I prepare to move due to my recent job promotion. I have only lousy scans on one of my other computers. I'm going to get it graded but could use a dash of advice.

The card has really nice corners, no creases, good registration, bright colors on the front. Back's green ink is a bit light (like the scan shown here)There is a scuff causing some paper loss that is the size of an eraser head on the back. Grading the front it has a chance for a 6. What do you estimate the very minor back damage would reduce the card down to, and which grading company would the preference be if I was looking to sell?

Now again, this is not to hijack the thread, nor a promotion
to a sale. I'm not really interested in selling but as a famous orator once orated "Everything is for sale...even my mom, but she'll cost ya!"

The scan that BCD included just got me interested, I can only recall seeing 2 others in the 20 years I've been collecting. I bought this one from TIK back in 98 or so. It is great to see another !

Now,back to your regular programming. If you have advice for me you can email me directly or begin a thread of "our own"

Thanks
Brian L
familytoad

Old 10-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

Brian L. - it gets a 30 from SGC. From PSA - who knows. It should get a 2, but Ive seen psa 4s and 5s with paperloss. GAI is probably the most lenient about paperloss on the reverse.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

josh-

"GAI is probably the most lenient about paperloss on the reverse."

that is the understatement of the decade

Old 10-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Administrator

my GAI N162 that is in a 5 holder and trimmed with letters missing to the tune if 20% on the back is NOT actually a 5!!!!

may it never be!

Old 10-24-2006, 05:46 PM
Administrator

some trade and cash. Does anyone want to step in with both feet?

thanks let me know what you have in mind

Cardknowledge@earthlink.net

Old 11-02-2006, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

where's Warslob? he invades multiple offerings of mine!

that round shouldered carb eating pigglet needs a kosher diet!

BcD