NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-15-2002, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Default Jones, Keyser & Arras 1911 cabinet scan/questions

Posted By: Bill Cornell

I picked up the "Jones, Keyser & Arras" cabinet of Ames below at a show this weekend and was wondering if anyone can tell me who the other players in the set are. This one is numbered as 311. I did a quick search and saw that Hunt auctions off similar cabinets of Chance and Collins 2 and 3 years ago.

Any help would be appreciated!

The back is blank except for the photography studio's credit in the lower left:

Old 04-15-2002, 08:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David

There are large number of players in the issue, including I think more than one card for some players. Players include most of the big players of the day, including, I believe, Cobb, Johnson, Wagner, etc. I beleive I have the complete listing somewhere, and will pass it on if/when I find it.

Old 04-15-2002, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom

this was my cabinet if you got it from Ron Vitro at E&R. I traded it to a buddy of mine and he sold it to Ron at the last show in Ft. Washington. Terry Knouse has probably the largest grouping of these. I've had 6-7 of them over the years and there are about 50 total in the 'set' I believe. The numbering system is pretty interesting in that they all fall into that 300-350 range I believe. Never seen any other cabinets that would be lower than 300 or higher than 350.....They aren't checklisted in any of the major guides I don't believe. Question for Bob Lemke........will they be in the 2003 SCD? Anyway, they are pretty tough to find. Terry's lot (20 or so) came from a Mastronet auction a year or so ago. Set contains Mathewson, Cobb, Wagner and many more. It's a who's who pretty much. Strong on NY players if I remember correctly. It's a nice cabinet. Originally came from a Political Gallery auction 3-4 years back.
FYI,
Tom

Old 04-16-2002, 06:16 AM
Administrator

is a great guy for those who haven't dealt with him.........he doesn't always have the best 19th century stuff, but when he does, he's great to work with. Think I like most about Ron is that he's always willing to trade too. MANY dealers won't even think about trading even if you have something they want. He'll always entertain any offer. Bought my first W600 from Ron at one of the East Coast Nationals in White Plains around 1995 (Bobby Wallace for about $300......). Congrats on the Ames.....hopefully someone'll get them checklisted in a catalog soon.

Old 04-16-2002, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Cornell

Tom - Yep, I bought this from Ron Vitro today. Which either means that all roads lead back to Autograf or I didn't have the right card-collecting grandpas.

Anyway, it's a terrific cabinet and I'm glad to give it a new home. Ron Vitro also gets my plug as upright/honest/virtuous dealer of the month, at least until he starts buying back crummy T206's to sell to Topps...

Old 04-16-2002, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Lemke

We began listing these in the 2002-dated Standard Catalog and have added a few for the forthcoming new edition.

Old 04-17-2002, 06:18 AM
Administrator

to look a little closer in the 2002 edition--huh? I'm working on that W600 pricing info..........

Old 04-17-2002, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

Bob, when will the next edition be released?

Old 04-19-2002, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Lemke

Lew Lipset just sent a supplemental list of the JK&A cabinets, bringing us tantilizingly close to the complete checklist of 50. The new Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards, 2003 edition, will be available in early September.