NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-22-2023, 09:19 AM
Mark

Default Paid for 10 day grading. Now waiting at two months

I sent a card in two months ago to PSA for a ten day grading turnaround. I got notice that they got it, it moved to stage 4 of the process, then.....nothing. Its just sitting there since then.

Normal? Someone I can contact?
Old 08-22-2023, 09:31 AM
Scott

Bummer, I suspect they're just simply swamped after the big show(s). I submitted a single card for regular grading like two months ago, and it's still just sitting in the system as arrived but yet to be researched. Definitely slower than normal to just proceed onto the first step.

That said, if I had paid for 10 day grading I'd definitely be asking for a refund on that. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Last edited by DocScoot; 08-22-2023 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-22-2023, 09:43 AM
pete ullman

No way...psa????? Shocking!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2023, 11:41 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
No way...psa????? Shocking!!!!!!!!!
I know but not to worry. PSA is such a stand up company they will send him several vouchers for free grading for his troubles.
Old 08-22-2023, 04:04 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse9 View Post
I sent a card in two months ago to PSA for a ten day grading turnaround. I got notice that they got it, it moved to stage 4 of the process, then.....nothing. Its just sitting there since then.

What service and what card?

Psa hasn’t done things in terms of days for years now.
Old 08-22-2023, 04:13 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfast View Post
What service and what card?

Psa hasn’t done things in terms of days for years now.
Well, their website has this guide for estimated turnaround times.

But they are just estimated. And I agree that for an obscure issue in a large size, the timing might be slower than usual.

They also might have just misplaced your card, and that's what's slowing things down. I've had it happen a couple of times now where they were a lot slower because they lost one of my pieces, only to find it a while later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (129.2 KB, 252 views)

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old 08-22-2023, 04:26 PM
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
Well, their website has this guide for estimated turnaround times.

But they are just estimated. And I agree that for an obscure issue in a large size, the timing might be slower than usual.

They also might have just misplaced your card, and that's what's slowing things down. I've had it happen a couple of times now where they were a lot slower because they lost one of my pieces, only to find it a while later.
Last time PSA have followed through on their estimates was 2019.
1880-1930s Detroit Tigers
1907 Wolverine News Postcards
1907 Dietsche Detroit Tigers Postcards
1907-1909 H.M. Taylor Detroit Tigers Postcards
1908 Brush Detroit Postcards
1908 Detroit Free Press Postcards
1909 Topping & Co Postcards
Old 08-22-2023, 04:30 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Detroit Collector View Post
Last time PSA have followed through on their estimates was 2019.
Far be it from me to suggest that they actually meet their estimates!

I’m just suggesting that they actually publish estimated turnaround times, and they are expressed in business days.

Although I think I had an express job that was finished pretty close to the estimated turnaround time in the last year.

Old 08-22-2023, 04:39 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse9 View Post

Amazing options for contacting them. Call them at 7AM PST so you can get in line to be called back by someone who will not have an answer and will have to call you back another time with the answer or door number 2, which is to send an email to their info@psacard.com. Emails typically take weeks for a reply so if the matter is not resolved in one email it can take a month of going back and forth.
Old 08-22-2023, 05:12 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I wish I had a business where I could disappoint customers as a matter of course and still get more orders from them.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 08-22-2023, 05:24 PM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post

I wish I had a business where I could disappoint customers as a matter of course and still get more orders from them.
I’m order to do that you just need to be 10 years ahead of the curve creating something that no one knew they needed (grades) and also provide something that collectors love that is so unique that no one else can offer it (the registry) and therefore completely own the market.
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236
Old 08-22-2023, 05:37 PM
Robert Klevens

I sent one card to PSA using their estimated 10 day regular $75 service. They received it on August 4th, entered August 7th and the grade posted today.
Old 08-22-2023, 05:58 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar_Stanage View Post
I’m order to do that you just need to be 10 years ahead of the curve creating something that no one knew they needed (grades) and also provide something that collectors love that is so unique that no one else can offer it (the registry) and therefore completely own the market.
Don’t forget the part where stuff with your name on it routinely sells for a premium, particularly at the top end.

Old 08-22-2023, 08:16 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:

I wish I had a business where I didn't care about my customers at all and they would continue to give me money.
Old 08-22-2023, 09:36 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:

... than I can process on a timely basis.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.