NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-03-2021, 08:06 PM
Charles Anthony

Default Blocked on Ebay...and unable to reach a living human on the phone

Anyone have a functional phone number for Ebay customer service? I call to talk to someone and they say that unless this is for fraud, they no can talk. Beyond frustrating at this point. The numbers I've been calling...866-961-9253 and 866-540-3229 are a no go.

So my sad story begins a few days ago when I went to submit a bid for a nice looking vintage football card, then lo and behold I received a very brief notice on my screen that my bid could not be accepted by the Ebay. No email, no warning, no nothing...just an unreadable notice and a bid that didn't go through. Turns out that my account was blocked after Ebay cancelled two of my winnings with a seller in Canada. The seller was allowing me to add additional winnings so he could ship all the items together. Well Eatbay crashed the party and wouldn't allow anymore of this nonsense to continue. Now I can't even reach a live person at Ebay, and I'm stuck in Ebay jail.

Now the Ebay police are demanding that buyers pay for winnings in five days or the sale will be cancelled. They just want to create more transactions, more fees for sellers, and more profits. I really wish someone would create an auction service for sports cards and memorabilia devoid of the Ebay corporate numb knuckles. Rant Over.
Old 07-04-2021, 06:03 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Shamrocks View Post

Now the Ebay police are demanding that buyers pay for winnings in five days or the sale will be cancelled.
This isn't true. Ebay does not cancel transactions for nonpayment, sellers do. The seller probably had his settings to automatically cancel after 5 days and forgot to change it for you. Under Ebay's new system, sellers don't file "not paid" claims anymore, sellers simply get the option to cancel after 4 days and use nonpayment as the reason.

Its possible you are blocked because the sellers cancellations brought you over the strike threshold, but you should get an email saying so or maybe it said that in the notice you didn't read?
Old 07-04-2021, 06:12 AM
Marc Powers

Default ebay

Also if you go to your My Ebay click on sell then click on payments go to the bottom of the page click on help - contact put in your number you want them to call and they will call you back. Hope that helps ok!
Old 07-04-2021, 09:22 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Shamrocks View Post
Anyone have a functional phone number for Ebay customer service? I call to talk to someone and they say that unless this is for fraud, they no can talk. Beyond frustrating at this point. The numbers I've been calling...866-961-9253 and 866-540-3229 are a no go.

So my sad story begins a few days ago when I went to submit a bid for a nice looking vintage football card, then lo and behold I received a very brief notice on my screen that my bid could not be accepted by the Ebay. No email, no warning, no nothing...just an unreadable notice and a bid that didn't go through. Turns out that my account was blocked after Ebay cancelled two of my winnings with a seller in Canada. The seller was allowing me to add additional winnings so he could ship all the items together. Well Eatbay crashed the party and wouldn't allow anymore of this nonsense to continue. Now I can't even reach a live person at Ebay, and I'm stuck in Ebay jail.

Now the Ebay police are demanding that buyers pay for winnings in five days or the sale will be cancelled. They just want to create more transactions, more fees for sellers, and more profits. I really wish someone would create an auction service for sports cards and memorabilia devoid of the Ebay corporate numb knuckles. Rant Over.
I had some big issues recently with eBay, but even with all the issues, I was still not able to talk to an actual person but I was able to make small changes each day until I was finally at a point where things were working correctly again. It just took some time, a couple weeks and some patience, which I didn't have either of. But luckily something finally worked for me.

As tempting and as simple as giving up is, don't do it. keep jumping through the hoops and kissing their feet, even though your only gonna be celebrating giving them more money.

My big problems were old phone numbers on file with eBay and my bank. My business bank account FEIN and personal SSN didn't match my eBay bank info because of an identity theft that happened over ten years ago, so I used my mothers info. So it got to the point where nothing was matching up correctly and thought my only option was to start a new personal eBay account and a new personal bank account but that identity theft thing would sometimes come back a few weeks later and the bank would close the account because the identity theft involved three different states and nobody wanted to take the lead on the case. Plus I had one police department recommend that I drop the case and take the loss, which was around $4000 in the account, plus my credit score and the ability to have another bank account for 10 to 15 years and also not be able to buy a house. Detectives told me to drop it because I owned a couple auto repair shops and the theft included the purchase of random auto parts and having them delivered out of state to an address that had no home or building on. But because I bought auto parts daily on that account, and the theft was auto parts related, the bank wouldn't even cover it as fraud, plus no police reports, it felt like my life and business were completely over at that moment.

So, don't give up!! Don't let them win. Regardless of the topic and how close or far away it is from my situation was. Don't let big tech win!!

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 07-06-2021, 06:15 PM
Charles Anthony

Default Thanks for the advice!

I appreciate all of your feedback and suggestions. I am still waiting for a response from eBay, but I won’t lose faith…yet. I never did receive an email from them explaining my punishment, so that adds to the frustration. The silver lining in all this is that it’s caused me to dial back on my bidding and accumulation of stuff. Temporarily 😂
Old 07-08-2021, 01:45 PM

Default good luck

I had a recent issue with Ebay customer service or lack thereof. Unless your problem fits into the list of "issues" they list. You end up not getting any help. I did end up having luck sending a "claim" everyday. After about 2-3 of those hitting customer service I actually traded emails with someone who helped me. My issue was different than yours. But finally got a live person to trade emails with me.