NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-12-2016, 10:12 PM
NewEnglandBaseBallist

Default Need advice on possible future sale of 35 card T213-2 Coupon collection

I'm giving serious thought to POSSIBLY parting with my T213-2 Coupon Cigarettes collection (35 cards) sometime in the near future. They seem to be getting more popular. Nothing I have is high grade. Would I be better off consigning them to an auction house/EBay Seller or trying to sell them as a lot myself, like on the Net54 BST? If I do go with a private sale, what would you recommend for an asking price? Here's what I've got:

Graded:

Tommy Leach, Chicago Nat. - SGC 40
Mike Mitchell, Pittsburgh, Nat. - SGC 40
Roger Bresnahan, Chicago Nat. - SGC 20
Larry Doyle (batting), New York Nat. - SGC 30
Al Bridwell, St. Louis Fed. - SGC 30
Sherry Magee, Boston Nat. - SGC 30
Jeff Sweeney, New York Amer. - SGC 20
Tim Jordan, Fort Worth - SGC 10
Larry McLean, New York Nat. - SGC 10
Josh Devore, Philadelphia Nat. - SGC 10
George Stovall, Kansas City Fed. - PSA 1
Bill Sweeney, Boston Amer. - PSA 1 (MC)
Jack/Joe Dunn, Baltimore - PSA 2
Mickey Doolan (batting), Baltimore Fed. - PSA 1
Wildfire Schulte, Chicago Nat. - SGC 10
Rube Oldring, Philadelphia Amer. - SGC 10
Jack Warhop, St. Louis Nat. - SGC 10

RAW:

Jean Dubuc, Detroit - Poor/Fair
Heinie Wagner, Boston Amer. - Poor
Miller Huggins, St. Louis Nat. - Poor/Skinned
Bill Chappelle, Brooklyn Fed. - Poor
Jack Quinn, Baltimore Fed. - Poor
Birdie Cree, New York Amer. - Poor
Jack Warhop (New York on shirt), New York Amer. - Poor
Jeff Sweeney, New York Amer. - Poor
Al Bridwell, Nashville - Poor
Dode Paskert, Philadelphia Nat. - Poor
Hal Chase (Holding Trophy), Chicago Amer. - Poor/Skinned
Frank Smith, Baltimore Fed. - Poor
Rube Geyer, St. Louis Nat. - Poor
Owen Wilson, St. Louis Nat. - Poor
Mickey Doolan (Fielding), Baltimore Fed. - Poor
Larry Doyle (Batting), New York Nat. - Poor
Chief Bender, (Trees in background), Philadelphia Amer. - Very Poor
Chief Bender, Philadelphia Nat. - Very Poor
Old 07-12-2016, 10:22 PM
Cory

Adam,
I consigned a number of my t213-2s to pwcc that close in the next day or so. See how they do....If you like prices, consider consigning the graded ones somewhere. I think you may be better off selling the raw yourself on here or elsewhere.
Cory
Old 07-12-2016, 10:58 PM
Rob

Default T213-2

Adam, I agree with Cory that the graded cards would do well with a large ebay seller or a small auction house, like the ones that advertise on here.

The SGC pop report will give you a good idea of the scarcity of each card. Commons like Rube Geyer have about 20-30 graded examples. There are medium level cards that have about 10 examples on the pop report, like both Bridwells. More difficult cards with 5-6 examples slabbed like Jordan Ft Worth, Warhop St. Louis, Chase Chi. trophy. The most difficult cards in the set show a pop of 3 or less on the SGC report like Chance batting LA etc.. Many of the T213-2's are left ungraded b/c they would receive a 1 or an auth grade.

I'm working on this set and am more than halfway thru and already have many of the examples you listed, but I can check my list tomorrow and send you an offer on a few. I also don't mind raw or poor condition cards for the most part. Rob
Old 07-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Jay P$R$E
Jason Pi.rie (banned)

You would certainly have no problem selling the raw Heinie Wagner on here to me.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:17 PM
Rob

On Pricing.. I would hazard a guess of 1500-2000 for all 35 cards if listed individually on eBay. T213 are thinly traded and prices are all over the place. If I put in a whopper bid on a card and a T206 back collector guy outbids me, then the prices are high. I'd say a common in common condition, ie-- g/vg, runs about $40 a card. Most buyers of T213 are team collectors or someone doing a back run. Rob
Old 07-14-2016, 07:29 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Rob

I agree with Rob. I have 89 T213-2, about half are graded and half raw, all in the poor, fair, and good range, including 7 HOFer's. I have been careful when purchasing these cards and I have averaged $33 per card.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:40 AM
NewEnglandBaseBallist

Thanks for the help, guys! Much appreciated. Will definitely make up my mind by Monday on what I'm going to do next. If you have contacted me by PM and I haven't replied yet, I will get back to you.